News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

PARADE On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 4

PARADE On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

schubox
#75PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:59am

Well the site seems to be back up and running and the queue is not paused anymore

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#76PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:02pm

Chase Miller said: "For those who saw this at City Center, is Ben good? I'm not a big fan of his but I love the show. Is it worth getting tickets for?"

I thought he and Diamond were both excellent in this production. It's a full performance that should only get richer with additional rehearsal & performance time to settle in. At this point in the season (((with a lot still unseen))), I would say he's the closest thing  we have to a Best Actor frontrunner.

The show itself has flaws. It spends too much time with some of its supporting characters at the expense of those we should be really caring about (the Franks, Mary Phagan & her fam, Conley). Arden's production was also flawed and I'm interested in seeing how it evolves. But I found it deeply impactful.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#77PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:09pm

Just tried again and I FINALLY got into a queue. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

schubox
#78PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:10pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Just tried again and I FINALLY got into a queue."

Mine seems to be moving quick. Started back up at over an hour and its at 10 minutes no hope it will work though 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#79PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:10pm

Chase Miller said: "For those who saw this at City Center, is Ben good? I'm not a big fan of his but I love the show. Is it worth getting tickets for?"

I think he's actually very well suited to this roll. It is a bit of grown-up Evan Hansen, but that kind of nervous energy is perfect for Leo Frank.

cjmclaughlin10
#80PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:13pm

Just got through over the phone!  I will be at the First preview ($79 was the cheapest they had if anyone was wondering) 

Ptero2
#81PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:16pm

Finally got through. Went with front mezz just in case the raised stage is an issue for close orchestra seats. Was $205 for a non-premium front mezz row A but there were also some $175 closer to the ends I believe.

schubox
#82PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:19pm

Got through and got tickets. I only checked the two days I had available in early March but there were plenty of seats available

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#83PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:31pm

Booked for April 8! Rear Mez! I am so happy now!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#84PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:32pm

So how are we thinking rush and lottery will look like for this? I usually only get tickets through one of those two avenues, and I already saw this off broadway and live in the city so I'm not gonna be in too much of a hurry to see it. Rushing in March should not be as hellishly busy as the Telecharge line for tickets, right? 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#85PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:39pm

Considering his young fan base, steeply discounted rush/lotto tickets should move quickly. 

Inventory will all depend on how advance sales are going. If sales are really strong, that could mean there’s 5-10 rush tix per perf. If they need to fill in the house day-off, that could mean they have 20-50+ on sale. There’s no predicting right now. 

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#86PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:50pm

For all of that virtual queue hubbub, I’m wondering if folks were deterred from purchasing by the prices (lowest price I saw was $84, not including fees), because each of the performances I checked in the first month were not well sold yet at all. Are they letting one person in to purchase at a time?

Anyway, seeing it mid-March and hoping the word of mouth on this one is influencing me for the better because it’s one of my husband‘s favorite shows and I’ve never been able to get into it. Also curious who they’ll get to replace Gaten.

BCfitasafiddle
#87PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:52pm

I'm feeling there will be a rush policy so I'm gonna wait on tickets to this. At least I hope so. Ben and Micaela were perfection at City Center. Looking forward to seeing who from CC is returning and who will be new. Paul Alexander Nolan and Alex Joseph Grayson are not replaceable IMO. Brilliant performances. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#88PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:52pm

Just went through the queue to see what the sales look like, and, besides the orchestra seats that have been held back for every show, it looks basically unsold for most performances. 

Updated On: 1/10/23 at 12:52 PM

Det95
#89PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:58pm

Got my tickets. As soon as the rumor mill started this became the top of my list for my May trip.

UWS10023 Profile Photo
UWS10023
#90PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:19pm

Ben and Diamond were on Morning Joe. Ben in particular was very well spoken. My bet is if they keep the elevated platform it will not be as high and it will be larger. The orchestra was kind of hidden in the upstage area at City Center so there is no reason it could not be in the pit.

NY City Center had quite a year in 2022. They get a percentage of any Broadway transfer and tours. They have been getting a nice sum from Chicago for years.

The musical categories for the Tony awards will be very exciting.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#91PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:21pm

The cue is crazy. I live in LA and got onto Telecharge with no problem at 6 am this morning. I didn't buy tickets cause I needed to check a date. And now I'm in a 47 minute cue line. Is it all Parade?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#94PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:31pm

I don’t think anyone is denying there will be initial demand for this, especially with Platt’s name. 

But to think a 6-7 month run of one of the darkest and least commercial Broadway musicals is going to sell out in one day isn’t realistic. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#95PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:32pm

The two leads sound brilliant in that music video promotion. I’m excited for this title!

Oh look, a bibu!

TaffyDavenport
#96PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:39pm

Oddly, row E center of the mezzanine only has 2 (105-106) of the 14 seats available for the entirety of the run. Not sure what's up with that, but it's strange that those are held back.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#97PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:44pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Oddly, row E center of the mezzanine only has 2 (105-106) of the 14 seats available for the entirety of the run. Not sure what's up with that, but it's strange that those are held back."

Maybe for lottery? or held off for actors families/celebrities. 

majlawrence
#98PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:50pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Oddly, row E center of the mezzanine only has 2 (105-106) of the 14 seats available for the entirety of the run. Not sure what's up with that, but it's strange that those are held back."

Some of the center seats are being held for AMEX holders.

TaffyDavenport
#99PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 1/10/23 at 1:51pm

Alex M said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Oddly, row E center of the mezzanine only has 2 (105-106) of the 14 seats available for the entirety of the run. Not sure what's up with that, but it's strange that those are held back."

Maybe for lottery? or held off for actors families/celebrities.
"

It's the rear mezzanine, so they're definitely not house seats, and I can't see them being lottery seats, either. They'll probably release them later.

Videos