News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

RIP Jonathan Larson

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#75re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 6:03pm

i lit a candle and let it burn out on my porch. But the amazing part is that it snowed today, and the candle never went out. If that doesn't symbolize Jonathan and his works I don't know what else would.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

adampascalgal Profile Photo
adampascalgal
#76re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 6:16pm

I feel sort of bad, yet lucky in a way we went to see the Rent Tour last night, and I did not even know that it was the anniversary of Jonathan's death. Knowing this after the fact, I am honored that I was able to spend the day seeing this wonderful show that has forever changed musical theatre.

"All they say Is "Trust in What Is Writen." Wars are made. And somehow that is wisdom. Thought is suspect, And money is their idol, And nothing is okay unless it's scripted in their Bible." -Spring Awakening

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#77re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 6:19pm

RIP Jonathan Larson. someone who is so greatly missed, thank you for all you have given me as a person. your work has touched my life greatly. thank you.

no day but today

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#78re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 6:20pm

awww, RumTumTugger, you made me cry!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

RumTumTugger22 Profile Photo
RumTumTugger22
#79re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 7:44pm

I know it made me cry aswell.

CAGES OR WINGS? WHICH DO YOU PREFER? ASK THE BIRDS. FEAR OR LOVE, BABY? DON'T SAY THE ANSWER, ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

Graf Orlok
#80re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 8:32pm

RENT would be a Trivial Pursuit question by now if Larson hadn't snuffed it.

seasons of love Profile Photo
seasons of love
#81re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 9:16pm

About the candle not going out...... wow.

*starts to cry* (now my computer keyboard is wet...

about all rent fans lighting a candle on the 10th anniversary of his death...... i'm doing that whether the rest of the world is or not... :)

"I am unfinished- I am diminished With or without you..."

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#82re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/26/05 at 11:18pm

RIP Jonathan.

I find it so amazing how many lives he CONTINUES to touch each and every day, even after passing away almost a decade ago. It just goes to show how remarkable a man he truly was. I would have given anything to meet him, but I know that I am able to constanly honor him by carrying on his legacy. Though his life was short lived, I know he lived each day on earth to the fullest. Jonathan was an amazing man, he will always be in my heart.

You can't say it enough:

"No other road, no other way, no day but TODAY!"

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#83re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/27/05 at 12:03am

RIP Jonathan Larson.
You've changed and inspired many lives, including mine.
In RENT you've captured so perfectly what our generation of Bohemians were going through. Our loves, hopes, struggles and dreams. It stands as a testament to your immense talent.
There isn't a day that goes by where one of your songs from RENT isn't running thru my head.
God has truly blessed us by having given you the opportunity to share your gifts with the rest of us.

"No Day But Today. . ."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#84re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/27/05 at 1:31am

Boho Days is playing on my iTunes shuffle right now.

.... re: RIP Jonathan Larson

A work of art is an invitation to love.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#85re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 1/27/05 at 2:38am

Graf, that was REALLY inappropriate.

... Anyways.

I was listening to ttB on repeat obsessively last night. It was odd. I hadn't listened to ttB in a long time, too.

malzone
#86re: RIP Jonathan Larson
Posted: 2/2/05 at 10:03am

I have seen RENT three times professionally. Including once on broadway. I have the CD in my car and it is a staple for long trips. What Jonathan Larson did was create the musical for my generation. I am 23 yrs old. I lived and still live with the issues brought out in his masterful work. I know the characters because I am growing up with them.

While other musicals, like Les Mis, are based on classic works and tell a story based on historical themes which are applicable to any generation, RENT is the classic for my generation.

Thank you Jonathan Larson.

Videos