News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

GO LaCHANZE !!!

imafantu Profile Photo
imafantu
#75re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 2:27pm

Couldn't have said it better myself BSobW!

I'm guessing his choice didn't win, and if politics and money were involved, then Felicia would have won for featured so that they could vicariously award oprah for "sophia" and inevitably secure her financial support of all things broadway...didn't happen.

Congratulations, Lachanze- For gracefully aging a character from 14-60 in 2h 40m... For a vocal performance that is tops night after night. And for being the medium through which the majority of 8 audiences each week send the sales of kleenex into orbit! You are a class act!

Your Potential is greater than your problems, and your problems will bring out your potential- Vashti Murphy McKenzie. Honey...don't be ashamed, be comfortable with who you are. Stay true to yourself.- Elisabeth Withers-Mendes

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#76re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 2:46pm

No, my choice didn't win - clearly.

I'm happy for La Chanze...it's just unfortunate that people get rewarded for performances that are not absolutely brilliant.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BSoBW2
#77re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 2:47pm

"it's just unfortunate that people get rewarded for performances that are not absolutely brilliant."

You are completely right. I agree 100%!

It's just lucky LaChanze broke that streak last night!

WordedGrace Profile Photo
WordedGrace
#78re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 2:56pm

Negative opinions aside, it's over.. LaChanze won whether someone thinks of her performance as mediocre or brilliant..the opinions that mattered were those of the Tony voters. Clearly, they saw something in her performance in a show that is uneven but she is a class act who sailed higher than what she was given. I love the rest of the nominees but I saw nothing brilliant in any performance of the women this year including LaChanze but she delivered a heartfelt and touching performance. Sometimes, it takes the heart to move the mind.

I'm not gonna hate you in the magazines, (I'm better than that) I'm not gonna compromise my Christianity, (I'm better than that) You know I'm not gonna diss you on the Internet Cause my momma taught me better than that.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#79re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 2:58pm

For all we know, she won by one vote.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

imafantu Profile Photo
imafantu
#80re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 3:26pm

And for all we know, she swept the votes---point is NOONE knows.

So I guess the person who LOST by one vote also got a Tony, too?

No one is denying the talent of the competition she was up against, all the women in that category are phenomenal performers/ artists. They are to be lauded, and have been previously.

Lachanze was Lauded with the award. rightfully so- but you don't have to agree. Really doesn't matter in the end, cuz the award has her daughters fingerprints on it as we speak!

Your Potential is greater than your problems, and your problems will bring out your potential- Vashti Murphy McKenzie. Honey...don't be ashamed, be comfortable with who you are. Stay true to yourself.- Elisabeth Withers-Mendes

wicked4life51 Profile Photo
wicked4life51
#81re: GO LaCHANZE !!!
Posted: 6/12/06 at 3:29pm

people you shouldnt have been surprised didint any of you see her breath taking performance i n that show, her voice is amazing
but what she brought acting wise to the character was phenominal(i cant spell) i mean really that role is soo hard to do you dont understand, telling ceileis story and how she protrayed that character, i mean people you shouldnt be surprised
yes sutton is amazing, but think what lachance has to do 8times a week,that show is defiently tirin
shes amazingt
and defiently deserved it , i knew she was going to get it
WORDGRACE I LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!!

"what? what is it? do i have something in my teeth? ok lets get this over with : no im not seasick,yes ive always been green, and no i didnt chew grass as a child "

Videos