News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast- Page 4

Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#75re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 12:05pm

Amanda Bynes? Zac Effron? Queen Latifah? John Travolta? I'm sorry, but the whole thing sounds a little ick.

yr ronin,
joey

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#76re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 12:22pm

When their are talented people involved, Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman on hand, a score by Shaiman, a wonderfully adapted screenplay, a newcomber with luster and vigor just itching at the chance to begin, with a Broadway and touring company ensemble, whats the problem.

To me, there are so many positives that no one is considering. It seems to me, people want this to fail.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"
Updated On: 6/26/06 at 12:22 PM

Roninjoey Profile Photo
Roninjoey
#77re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 12:30pm

I don't want it to fail at all. I'm just disappointed. But not especially, since it's freakin' Hairspray. Who cares. It's a hard show to ruin.

yr ronin,
joey

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#78re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 12:51pm

I guess there is still hope that RAVEN will be cast a little Inez..lol.
In all seriousness, I'd love to see her as one of the Trio...and as Penny, her red headed friend who is TERRIBLY UNDERUSED in That's So Raven...did you see the ep. where she does that Broadway number...

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#79re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 12:56pm

From what I've witnessed, Hairspray is already a tween obsession.

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

SporkGoddess
#80re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:05pm

RuprechtJr.: Maybe he has the range of Anthony Warlow? Hahaha.

It surprised me when I read he was a baritone, too. I'm very interested to hear his real singing voice now...

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#81re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:18pm

marlothom- Annelise Van der Pol. and yes - she is a perfect Penny.

I love Raven. Id love to see her in more movies. There isnt really a part for her in Hairspray though.

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

DBillyP Profile Photo
DBillyP
#82re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:28pm

So, is the theater community in general one of the most negative groups of people, or is it just those who post here?!?

Congratulations Zac, though I hope you never actually read this!

"I am open, and I am willing, For to be hopeless would seem so strange. It dishonors those who go before us, So lift me up to the light of change." Holly Near

RentBoy86
#83re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:33pm

I don't. I don't like the kid. I don't think he's good at all. He isn't what I had envisioned for Link at all. Though he fits the age range and I'm sure he can sing the role because it's not a very difficult role to sing, I just don't think he fits the part at all. But I guess we'll see when they cut his surfer locks.

Fredisetgo Profile Photo
Fredisetgo
#84re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:34pm

omg they could atleast get someone good... this is rediculous its gonna be a horrible movie

OH! It's time to start livin! Time to take a little from the world we're given! Time to take time, 'cause spring will turn to fall... In just no time at all!

StageGuy99 Profile Photo
StageGuy99
#85re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:49pm

STOP THE MADNESS!!! It's happened friends, nothing you say will change it! Let's move on and stop posting about how it's the end of the world, it's not!

Wait till next summer than you can all complain again about how horrid he is and how he ruined the move, the musical, or theatre in general if you want, but not until you've seen it!

Now let's all take a deep breath and go back to raiting the musical above us or that ALW is boring or dumb things you heard dumb people say while in NYC!

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but it is also the return of art to life." -Oscar Wilde

AshleyBrownFan123 Profile Photo
AshleyBrownFan123
#86re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 1:52pm

Randomly-Who will be Seaweed?

I want Usher in there because he can sing!

Let us milk the cow that is theatre-Monica Trausch

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#87re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 2:33pm

Hey, I'm just saying that I wish it wasn't him. I've seen him in other stuff and he was good, but don't think this is the right role for him. And yes we will see next summer...

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#88re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 6/26/06 at 3:07pm

I think he's not that bad! I mean granted the Tracy/Penny/Amber are all nearly the same age aka 18 yr olds like Zach, I think it'll work. But I really did think for celeb casting, Justin wud be great!
Anyway, have confidence in Marc Shaiman and the creative team of the film!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Ready 2 Defy Gravity Profile Photo
Ready 2 Defy Gravity
#89re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 7/3/06 at 3:08pm

Why Diana Degarmo as Penny???

theatajunkee
#90re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 7/3/06 at 4:33pm

this musical-movie will turn into another RENT movie.... extremely commercialized.

it would be nice if another movie like the new producers came out.... almost 100% true to the original broadway production.

Thats showbiz, kid

dutch46mill2
#91re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 7/3/06 at 5:21pm

I'm still so disapointed Diana didn't get the role of Penny she was free when they decided.

ComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
#92re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 7/3/06 at 6:21pm

i wish they had put the girl who plays Chelsea on That's So Raven in as Penny. that would be so much better than Bynes.

"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare

curly120
#93re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 7/3/06 at 6:26pm

Why didn't they cast actors from the Broadway show? I mean, not just the original cast, but even the people in it now are fantastic (especially Caissie Levy).

kim1061 Profile Photo
kim1061
#94re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 7/3/06 at 7:10pm

i agree, the actress who plays chelsea on That's So Raven would've been great. And she sings too. lol

A dancer might dream to see her name in lights and mean it, but all she really dreams is to make someone else feel the way she did when she first saw a dancer. And that is so beautiful-Anonymous

zac432luv78
#95re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 2/17/07 at 11:51am

UH HELLO!!!!!!! You put half of that in spanish! I'm not stupid i know spanish from english. and what do you mean he stole fizzy drinks? what does that have to do with anything

zac432luv78
#96re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 2/17/07 at 11:53am

THANK YOU! whoever send this i'm sure does not care whether zac efron is in it or not. why does everybody have some thing with zac efron being in musicals. he's a musicals guy. he was also in derby stallion(not a musical) and miracle run(not a musical.)
see he can be in other movie and not stink at them! YOU ROCK WHOEVER SENT THIS MESSAGE AND ZAC EFRON!!!

JustChillin8908
#97re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 2/17/07 at 4:55pm

Who are you and why are you yelling at us?

Also starring in High School Musical does not make him "a musicals guy."

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#98re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 2/17/07 at 5:02pm

Why did we rehash this thread?

-Adam Shankman.

-E!'s "The Soup"

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#99re: Hairspray Film's Link Larkin Has Been Cast
Posted: 2/17/07 at 5:04pm

Haha, JustChillin.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

Videos