News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Grease Chat

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#75re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:48pm

who was rebecca?

Yankeefan007
#76re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:49pm

Chutspa is Yiddish for spunk.

And the sales rep is the best one.

#77re: Grease Chat

These people would not make it past the first round for a non equity version of "carousel" in the pocinos!!! THEY SUCK!!!

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#78re: Grease Chat

Why does Billy Bush sound *exactly* like Ryan Seacrest?

jeremykushnier1fan Profile Photo
jeremykushnier1fan
#79re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:50pm

Why do all male host sound like Ryan Seacrest?

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#80re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:51pm

Do we know who is cast in the other roles?

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#81re: Grease Chat

But American Idol is somewhat different, Trekkie2. Their goal is to get a "misfit" of America to win the contest. Someone who wouldn't be likely to make it otherwise. An unwed mother, a fat guy, an guy who makes awkward movements and has grey hair. The only real non-misphits have been the two most popular winners, Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. The misfits don't sustain (well, except perhaps Clay).

These leads need to sustain a show. The fat girls haven't a chance. I do think there might be a chance for lighter skinned african american or latina woman though. It's horrible that darker skinned women probably won't be given a chance, but I don't think they will be.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#82re: Grease Chat

It's called PRODUCT. They figure since seacrest can keep a show abreast for 6 seasons, if people pass themselves off as a seacrest type..people will watch.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#83re: Grease Chat

Rebecca was the one from the pharmaceutical company.

I can't believe this. That's unreal. Small world.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

NathanLaneStalker
#84re: Grease Chat

That guy used "My brother's gone and he wanted to be Danny". I didn't like him.

The guy who sang that Elvis song was good.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#85re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:52pm

oh yeah! Rebecca was the BEST one so far.

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#86re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:54pm

"These people would not make it past the first round for a non equity version of "carousel" in the pocinos!!! THEY SUCK!!!"

it is spelled PocOnos, and not all of the theatres here are that bad, in fact there is a LOT of talent that passes through here on the way to Broadway.

I am very interested in the dance audition.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

BrunetteBombshell
#87re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:54pm

I really liked Rebecca. I'm so glad she didn't sing Hopelessly Devoted To You. The dancing should be interesting...

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#88re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:57pm

Sorry to sound obnoxious but, this show has given me so much more confidence.. because if these people are the best ones in the eyes of kathleen marshall...then I definately am super talented along with most of you. Applaud yourselves boys and girls because these people are OUR competition.

antiandrewx Profile Photo
antiandrewx
#89re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:58pm

The dancing was pretty bad.

chealion313
#90re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:58pm

Anyone else notice Jason Celaya from Altar Boyz on there??

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#91re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:59pm

Amneris, I hear you. Didn't they do equity auditions for this too?

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#92re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 8:59pm

That can't be the actual choreography, right?

It was bland, simple. I mean, even I could do it (and that isn't saying much).

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

Yankeefan007
#93re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:00pm

They did Equity auditions prior to the open call. To be considered, the Equity actors had to not mind being taped and put on TV. That was the one requirement.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#94re: Grease Chat

they had about 9 days of equity auditions and about 5 open calls for dancers only in NYC.

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#95re: Grease Chat

Are people who are performers allowed to audition? Or does it have to be these random people, cause most of them really are not good at all.

#96re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:02pm

Jacob....slow your roll. calm down. sorry the spelling of poconos pissed you off so much. sorry you work there. I'm sure your version of "hello dolly" was brilliant!

I think this was a "typing"' dance call...just to separate the people that are complete spazs'.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#97re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:03pm

are you KIDDING me??? DEJA?? these people are so so so average.

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#98re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:04pm

stupid to let the pahrmaceutical rep go

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

Sargar
#99re: Grease Chat
Posted: 1/7/07 at 9:04pm

i cannot believe they cut Rebecca!!

"Hey Joey McIntyre, is there a balcony in Madison Square Garden? Joey knows his venues a little better than me. That's okay...I have a bigger part on broadway...:)" -Idina Menzel

Videos