News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#100re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 3:27am

Dear Muskrat...

I realize Andrew Lloyd Webber didn't score the show. But even Gillian would have thrown up a better hairball on stage.

Clearly your broad knowledge of theatre spans at least the fourth bus and truck tour. We know you really wanted to play Grizabella you sad sad puddycat.

By the way Greg M sends his regards.

Updated On: 10/29/05 at 03:27 AM

#101re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 9:58am

OneEros - before you throw around the 'one trick pony' barb, you might want to broaden your own postings first. Not only do almost all of your posts on this site have to do with only one topic, but now I'm finding the exact same posts on other sites.

I hope you find the help you need to get over whatever it was that you feel was done to you to make you this unbalanced and unrealistic.

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#102re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 11:49am

DGrant ...

A review is a review is a review ... The masses deserve to hear what people have to say. Apparently you are a friend of Brodericks.

#103re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 11:53am

One - you are obssessed. I haven't given ANY opinion on this production, as I haven't seen it. Your rantings are being exposed for the biased bashing that they are - and serve no purpose at this point (if they ever did.)

bigrab1018 Profile Photo
bigrab1018
#104re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 4:47pm

Dear, OneEros,
Way to directly copy Ben Brantley's NY Times review - with the anal retentive thing.
Sincerely,
bigrab1018

"Billy, put down that phylactery...we're Episcopalian." - Spelling Bee

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#105re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 7:44pm

Hey bigrab1018:

My review came out a full week before Mr. Brantleys. Great minds do think alike. Check it out. re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW Sadly that extra week of performing the show didn't seem to help.

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#106re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 7:54pm

Dear DGrant ...

I'm sorry ... Did you say you have not seen The Odd Couple? Surely you jest. This forum you folks have going is very interesting indeed. Thankfully your rhetoric has been a minority on this site. Nothing you say will have any merit until you actually see this play. So kindly back out, and let the people debate my review who have actually seen this 2005 version.

Maybe another trip to Paris will make you happy?

Warmest Regards...

Updated On: 10/29/05 at 07:54 PM

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#107re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 8:38pm

Wow you just don't quit do you one?
Bashing Dgrant and Munk. First off it's uncalled for and rude. Like I've stated before. If you're just gonna come on here and spew negative bro, save it. Save the bad energy for someone else. Opinions are opinions man and all you're doing is promoting a negative vibe on these boards. So either stop bashing respected posters or just stop posting and let us get back to what we normally have here. You really are getting tired man.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#108re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 8:49pm

Carl ...

If you have seen the play discuss it. If not, stop perpetuating the horrible crime you are complaining about.

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#109re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 8:58pm

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one said that OneEros was not allowed to have one. Still since he/she continues to twist what others say, including we on this board and the critics now too apparently, let's focus on the critics for a moment, shall we? 3/4 of what OneEros claims to have read in the way of reviews he/she says is negative. Here is the count. I certainly didn't get all of them, but the remainder fall into about the same percentage split among negative, mixed and positive reviews. You tell me how this count falls out. If you feel my picture of the reviews is incorrect, then I would offer the same advice as OneEros offers everyone else when it comes to comments on the play...read the reviews for yourself and you decide. And, just so you know, I don't look to the critics to tell me what shows to see or not to see. I have often disagreed with critics but let's at least be honest about what they said about this show.

Here goes:

Talkin Broadway negative
Times negative
Daily News negative
Schenck mixed
NYSun mixed
Teachout mixed
Feldberg mixed
Rooney mixed
USAToday mixed
CBS mixed
Backstage positive
AP positive
Post positive
TheaterMania positive
Kuchwara (Yahoo and AP) positive
Sheward positive
Newsday positive
Star Ledger positive
Washington Post positive
Hartford Courant positive
Journal News positive
Entertainment weekly positive
Village Voice positive

We often express opinions on this board and are sometimes passionate about what we discuss, but when someone raises this much ire, methinks 50,000 frenchman can't all be wrong. You may like a show or not like a show but the bashing of board members and the outright unwillingness to acknowledge what people truly say and focus instead of the perceived flaws or ignorance of the person posting, the comments about the actors, director, writers, etc....it all grows tiresome!

And since this person seems to only post about one thing on this board, I would suggest taking up a hobby. There are other worthwhile pursuits in life beyond bashing the Odd Couple! :)

"Life is a lesson in humility"

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#110re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 9:39pm

Sam Sam Sam ...

Some of the "positive Odd Couple reviews" you have listed, gave negative reviews to areas within the play. But I'm not going to debate that with you. What I will debate with you is how good a few of you (and you know who you are, you are on every thread on this site) are at attempting to silence voices.

First of all, since I've only been on this site two weeks, and I have a life, a job, a relationship, I can only jump on the site when I get the opportunity. However, during my initiation stage I have taken the time to respond to most of the responses. You are very incorrect that I have not responded to other threads. Take a real gander. However, I am not going to jump on a thread unless I actually have something to say.

Now I'm sorry that I am not being paid to write the reviews here. I've only seen two plays in the last three weeks. I'm a bit behind on "Doubt" but I think anyone who has read my Odd Couple Thread knows what I think about that play.

After reading your last epic I clicked to see what valuable information you have been sharing since your birth on this site. Riveting is all that I can say. Do us all a favor. Take this energy you have, write a review, and then we will have a discussion. I'm not going to debate your life, your lifestyle, your career, your education, your spelling. What I am going to debate is the play that you have seen. And you better believe I won't type a word until I've seen the play you are reviewing.

Until that time, you may huff, and you puff, but you will not be blowing my Thread down.

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#111re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/29/05 at 10:00pm

Variety came in ... Surprise. Negative.

etoile
#112re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/30/05 at 1:12am

Ahhh yes, hubris. "...to hold as 'twere the mirror up to nature..."

"Me Thinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much." I might have believed more credibility in what OneEros69 wrote if he had correctly quoted from HAMLET.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

#113re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/30/05 at 1:26am

One - Very briefly:

I didn't join in any discussion of this production - I made a response post to the concept of PROFESSIONAL reviews being released before the final drop of curtain on opening night. Nothing more, nothing less. Everything since then has been around you - as pointless as that has proven itself to be.

I've never been to Paris, so you seem to have me confused with someone else.

If fact, you seem to be confused in general.

Take a pill, have a drink, see a shrink - or whatever it is that you have determined is helpful in allowing you to negotiate reality.

We HAVE looked through your posts - and they speak of a mind and intent that is hell-bent toward one purpose only. WE GET IT. YOU DIDN"T LIKE THE ODD COUPLE. Whatever it is that makes you need to vilify this particular production, your point is made.

Pursue this antoganism if you wish, but be aware that you are not necessarily speaking to a class of 2nd graders - and the accumulated nonsense of your rantings will ultimately speak for itself.

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#114re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/30/05 at 3:21am

Hey DGrant... Ignore any mispellings I am drunk and a bit wobbly from my chill pill. But ...

One would think with that Mensa IQ you are sporting that you would have deciphered the arrows shot over your gluttonous head many many moons ago. But instead, you are way too busy critiquing all the reviews here on broadwayworld.com... With I might add, these regurgitated plagiarized euphemisms that are far worse than any of the crap we have been reviewing.

Either see the play and critique it... or slither back under that cow pie you crawled out from under

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#115re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/30/05 at 3:27am

Hey DGrant... Ignore any mispellings I am drunk and a bit wobbly from my chill pill. But ...

One would think with that Mensa IQ you are sporting that you would have deciphered the arrows shot over your gluttonous head many many moons ago. But instead, you are way too busy critiquing all the reviews here on broadwayworld.com... With I might add, these regurgitated plagiarized euphemisms that are far worse than any of the crap we have been reviewing.

Either see the play and critique it... or slither back under that cow pie you crawled out from under

etoile
#116re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/30/05 at 3:53am

"Either see the play and critique it... or slither back under that cow pie you crawled out from under"

And who are you to dictate what DGrant's choices should be? Who are you to think you can dictate the direction any thread takes? Does insinuating that one crawled out from under a cow pie make you feel superior? The only person a statement like that reflects negatively on is you.

"...your gluttonous head..."

You are the one showing your ignorance with that comment. Nothing worthwhile to add so you resort to another insult. Are you seeking to have your membership banned?

And really, dear, there was no need to repeat yourself.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

OneEros69 Profile Photo
OneEros69
#117re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
Posted: 10/30/05 at 11:49am

Dear Etoile:

Why is it there are only five of you that show up on all these threads? I am going to repeat what I have stated a thousand times by now.

If any of you are going to jump into a thread that deals with a "Review" ... see the fricken play.

Videos