News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Rent tour; "two significant changes to the production"- Page 5

Rent tour; "two significant changes to the production"

TheCharleston Profile Photo
TheCharleston
#100re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:26pm

he would say.. "feeeed meeee"

but he can't. cause he's dead.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#101re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:27pm

He would say "No Day but Today" lol

I'm not gonna lie. I'm 18 but I AM going to scream because I can. Everyone has a different way to enjoy something.

You can block screaming out.

I'm bringing my crazy friends with me. Were ALL going to scream! My one friend even wants to start a wave lol

RENT is a powerful and fun show and I'll be damned if your going to tell me what I can an Can't do.

I paid for my seat just like everyone else did.

spidey_882 Profile Photo
spidey_882
#102re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:32pm

So I can bring an airhorn to the theater to "show my appreciation"? I paid for my seat, too!

Now, mother always said that whenever you hear a strange, frightening, and potentially life-threatening ghostly chant coming from the dark woods that there's one thing that you should do: Not wake the others and go investigate it alone...

TimeSquare3 Profile Photo
TimeSquare3
#103re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:32pm

You will be lucky if an Usher doesn't throw your ass out. They don't care what show you are at, you are in a theatre.

<<-- Help save Terminator: SCC
"The gay one?" -- Marissa Jaret Winokur on the Jonas Brothers.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#104re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:37pm

Yeah, and the people who paid and wish to enjoy the show without you and your friends' obnoxious interruptions are entitled to that, too. Are crazy, screaming, inconsiderate brats like you more entitled to what you want than those people? Their wanting you to keep your mouths shut doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the show. You simply think it does. Your behavior DOES interfere with others' enjoyment of the show. Show your appreciation at the appropriate time, like applause break and bows. Everybody else can.

You can block screaming out.

And... really?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#105re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:40pm

We need TheatreDiva on this thread, asap!

"This show had the WORST magnets on Broadway!"

Manny2
#106re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:41pm

Screaming.

Ha, pish posh. Everyone knows that people really show their appreciation through scrapbooks!

(jkjk)

TimeSquare3
#107re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:44pm

Quick! Get the Diva signal!!!

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#108re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 4:45pm

I'm flashing it into the sky as we speak!!

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#109re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 5:12pm

I heard my name...

I was too busy getting screamed at by that dried out cootch, fflagg

hey from fflagg
on 1/2/09 @ 03:44:57 PM
dear @sshole--

there are other columnists who have remarked on the Beyonce dubbing issue.

take the attitude out of your f*ggot @ss and try to grow up in 2009

Can this be considered elder abuse, since she's so old?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#110re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 5:27pm

I've been to a performance of RENT where nobody cheered and it was pathetic. No energy from the audience. No energy from the cast.

I know this is unpopular, but I think a rock musical is just a different animal from your typical show. I don't think that RENT and South Pacific are supposed to elicit the same responses.

It's a lively, energetic rock show. Treat it like one.

That said, there's a difference between cheering/"wooing" and shrill, N*SYNC concert screeches. A big difference.

erinrebecca
#111re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 5:41pm

gobstopper, if you think that that makes it fine to shout, scream, wave signs, etc., you are sorely mistaken. The cast doesn't appreciate it and, obviously, neither will the audience members around you. There are appropriate ways to cheer the show, at the expected times, and you should know this, and not be advocating anything more, certainly not the behavior being mentioned by others in this thread.

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#112re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 5:46pm

lol Oh dear god! No! That's not what I meant! That would be appalling.

I meant at the end or beginning of songs. Not during.

And no signs, for the love of all that's holy.

P.S. I once heard about some a-hole who would hold up every item mentioned during a song. Like in Today 4 U when they sang "Bustello, Marlboro, bananas by the bunch..." the kid would hold up each object and like wave it around.

That kid reportedly got smacked in the head and stopped.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#113re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 5:53pm

I'd certianly punch anyone in the face who was screaming and waving signs thoughout the show.

Don't blame the audience about the cats lack of energy. It's up to them to make it.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#114re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 5:58pm

I disagree. It's like any job. Who you're working with changes how you do it.

At any rate, I would like to share how much I HATE it when people scream over the high C in "Seasons." That is so annoying.

Manny2
jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#116re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:05pm

on the subject of screaming, while I don't do it personally I don't mind it at certain points of the show. Specifically the robe drop in Out Tonight. However if its continuous you really should be killed, or at least removed from the theater like crying children are.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#117re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:07pm

I think the significant change will be that the cast will wear the costumes from the original Broadway production of CATS. And they will replace Seasons of Love with "Jellicle Songs For Jellicle Cats." Maureen can keep her cat suit, though.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy
Updated On: 1/2/09 at 06:07 PM

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#118re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:07pm

Maybe they can build "screaming rooms" in theaters like they have crying rooms in churches for babies. Then all the screaming twits could be locked inside and enjoy the show while screaming.

feline0favenueQ Profile Photo
feline0favenueQ
#119re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:08pm

When people scream over the high C, that's when I punch them in the face. One of the times I saw the show this summer, there were these girls in the front mezz who sand WITH Gwen for the high note, and then one screamed "Good Cheno Note!!!!". I was gonna slit my wrists.

I don't mind the screaming during the first chords of Out Tonight, though.

Manny2
#120re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:36pm

"Good cheno-note!" LOL. I don't know why that's so funny!!

And for some odd reason the cast combusted and reappeared singing about "Jellicle" things, I would go hunt down Andrew Lloyd Webber and punch him in the face.

Celra Profile Photo
Celra
#121re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:48pm

Maybe they can build "screaming rooms" in theaters like they have crying rooms in churches for babies. Then all the screaming twits could be locked inside and enjoy the show while screaming.

With that said. Maybe they can build a room for people like you? I heard people say Adam and Anthony are to old to be playing struggling boho's don't ya think your a tad bit old to watch them?

People scream like there at a rock concert because they are having a good time!

They scream you bitch and if they fell asleep you would bitch

I'm sure the cast would much rather the audience awake and enjoying themselves then snoring during La Vie Boheme!

TimeSquare3
#122re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 6:53pm

I (have) heard people say Adam and Anthony are to old to be playing struggling boho(No apostrophe)s don't y(ou) think you('RE) a tad bit old to watch them?
Adam & Anthony are too old. 38 year olds shouldn't be playing 20 year olds, especially when they don't even LOOK 20.

Maybe they can build a room for people like you. (Not a question)
They do, it's called a theatre.

People scream like the(y're) at a rock concert because they are having a good time!

But it's NOT a Rock concert.

I'm sure the cast would much rather the audience (be) awake and enjoying themselves th(a)n snoring during La Vie Boheme!

It's pretty hard to sleep through RENT in general.

Updated On: 1/2/09 at 06:53 PM

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#123re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 7:00pm

I feel like age is irrelevant in the theatre-- after all, the great Sarah Bernhardt could play a young boy when she was in her eighties-- as long as the performers are good actors. It's the suspension of disbelief, like having characters of different races playing biological family members. I know absolutely nothing about Rent, so I can't say anything about how good the performers are, but I wouldn't say someone was 'too old' for a role.

I do have to say, though, are cheering during a performance and being asleep during a performance the only options? I've rarely seen anyone do either at any of the shows I've been to. (Except for my brother, who comes to every show I'm in and always falls asleep during the first five minutes.)

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

danmag Profile Photo
danmag
#124re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
Posted: 1/2/09 at 7:11pm

Thanks for your concern, but despite my advanced age, I'm pretty sure I can manage to stay awake for the show.

Videos