News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie- Page 6

Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#125re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 12/18/10 at 1:16pm

I guess if Drew was no longer a young would-be rocker.

I feel like it would be like MJW playing a 16 year old Tracy in the film.
Updated On: 12/18/10 at 01:16 PM

rorschach37
#126re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 12/18/10 at 1:57pm

@JP2

Well, you do have a point...but I'd much rather have the role go to Constantine than someone like auto-tuned Zac Efron.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#128re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 12/20/10 at 10:13am

Another Shankman tweet:

adammshankman Adam Shankman
Woke up at 3! Made lists, did laundry, organized stuff. Yipes! And as for ROA casting: hairspray was fine. Trust me... I know my musicals

Honestly, Hairspray is the only reason I'm not even the slightest bit worried about any casting decisions. I think the man knows what he's doing.
Updated On: 12/20/10 at 10:13 AM

massofmen
#129re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 12/20/10 at 12:18pm

yeah hairspray blew. I mean it made 200 million dollars worldwide as a musical but no one liked it..(there is sarcasm in there)

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#130re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 12/20/10 at 12:27pm

Well, TRANSFORMERS 2 made even more than that and everyone liked it...no one's calling that a good movie.
And I got two words for you Adam Shankman re HAIRSPRAY casting: Amanda Bynes, easily one of the worst young actors working (or did she retire once again? who knows?) in Hollywood today, she removed all adorable traces from an already slightly-annoying character and just made her completely flat.
Still, Gwyneth Paltrow and Alec Baldwin sound great, can't stand Tom Cruise really. Wonder who else will be involved, wasn't Patrick Wilson offered a role? I guess he passed.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#131re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 12/20/10 at 1:15pm

Critics and audiences (at least fanboys) loathed Transformers 2. While critics and audiences loved Hairspray. $200 million at the box office, a platinum selling album, and 91% fresh rating on Rotten tomatoes.

Also, Patrick Wilson was circling the part back when Chris D'Arienzo was directing. They're good friends.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#132re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/8/11 at 12:51pm

From Shankman's twitter:

"Start prep on rock of ages this month. Shooting [in] Miami. Florida, here we come. Step up shooting there too! Auditions to come!"
Updated On: 1/21/11 at 12:51 PM

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#133re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/21/11 at 11:50am

"Russell Brand is the latest actor looking to lend his voice to Rock of Ages, the Adam Shankman-directed screen adaptation of the stage musical at New Line. I’m told that Brand is circling the role of Lonnie, who runs the '80s rock club The Bourbon for owner Dennis (the role that Alec Baldwin is circling). Brand and Baldwin get to sing a rousing version of the REO Speedwagon tune Can’t Fight This Feeling."
http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/russell-brand-in-tune-for-rock-of-ages/

Updated On: 1/21/11 at 11:50 AM

rorschach37
#134re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/21/11 at 1:04pm

I love Russell Brand, but I really can't picture him as Lonny.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#135re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/23/11 at 3:25pm

I don't think it's much of a stretch.

Mary J. confirms her involvement.
"Well, I’m involved in the film version of Rock of Ages, which is now a play on Broadway, but they made it into an actual film. It’s about people becoming rockstars in the early 80s and I play – it’s not a raunchy role, but the lady who runs the call girl club [Justice Charlier]. I am the owner, but it’s a respectable place, a respectable role – it’s not bad."
http://passionweiss.com/2011/01/20/question-in-the-form-of-an-answer-mary-j-blige/

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#136re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/24/11 at 3:50am

If the Taylor Swift is in this movie, it will be awful!I know she is a star, but she can't act or sing. She was horrible in Valentine's Day. She may be a talented song writer but she really can't sing. I don't think a musical should be auto- tuned.There are some movie stars that can both sing and act, or better yet, take a chance and put a real Broadway actor in the movie.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#137re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/24/11 at 11:40am

Was Blige drunk? That's an AWESOME was of talking about your upcoming role: "...a respectable role – it’s not bad."

Mattbrain
#138re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:24pm

I think what she meant was that the role of Justice isn't sleazy in any way.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#139re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/24/11 at 6:29pm

Yeah. "Respectable" is a very appropriate adjecive to describe Justice, who is very persistent in maintaining a classy image, despite running a strip club.

Barney Stinson
#140re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/24/11 at 7:32pm

"She was horrible in Valentine's Day."

Of course she was, everyone was. That was a horrible horrible movie. Just an awful attempt at ripping off Love Actually. Horrible.

sesot Profile Photo
sesot
#141re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/25/11 at 12:13am

I agree it was a bad movie, but Taylor Swift made it even worse. It was just sad!!

Barney Stinson
#142re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 1/25/11 at 12:46am

Well, her scenes did make the movie longer, so I guess you are right.

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#145re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 2/11/11 at 12:35pm

I can see this film doing so well! Really hope it does and then we might get some more movie musicals made.

Barney Stinson
#146re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 2/11/11 at 5:12pm

From the BWW bit on Hathaway:

"Deadline.com now reveals that in talks to play the role of "the uptight journalist who intends to eviscerate Cruise's decadent rock star Stacee Jax with an expose" is Anne Hathaway. In the film, Hathaway's character will fall for "the charms of the rocker, and after they duet to the Foreigner song I Want To Know What Love Is, they engage in a wild, passionate bedroom romp,"

Forget the actress, that description of the character is a decent departure from the plot of the show.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#147re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 2/11/11 at 6:45pm

Maybe deadline.com is mixing things up with Sherrie?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#148re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 2/11/11 at 8:45pm

NOT the best quality clip but it does give u an idee of Cruise singing:
You've Lost....

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#149re: Adam Shankman To Direct/Choreograph The Rock Of Ages Movie
Posted: 2/11/11 at 9:16pm

"Maybe deadline.com is mixing things up with Sherrie?"

Perhaps. They have mixed up other things so far, like saying Tom Cruise was up for the role of "a bartender" back in October.

Videos