News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

2017 TONY Awards Performances- Page 6

2017 TONY Awards Performances

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#1252017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 1:52pm

n2nbaby said: "According to Brandon Ellis' Facebook status, Bandstand WILL be performing."

Nice! I'd love to see BANDSTAND and WAR PAINT be the non-nominated musical representation.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1262017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 2:31pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "n2nbaby said: "According to Brandon Ellis' Facebook status, Bandstand WILL be performing."

Nice! I'd love to see BANDSTAND and WAR PAINT be the non-nominated musical representation.
"

tbf tho, both leading roles in War Paint got nominations. They are unlikely to win, but Tonys would still be a good place to plug the show and more justified to put on than Bandstand.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#1272017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 3:01pm

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Whether LCT actually pays for a Falsettos performance is up in the air. If they do, it will be something that doesnt require the whole cast. So Block actually has a great shot at performing "I'm Breaking Down". She's their most likely acting nominee, and producers would only have to pay one performer and not coordinate schedules of the other actors for rehearsals. Other closed musicals have done similar solo numbers ("Follies" and "Ragtime" revivals come to mind)

I don't think Stephanie is in anything right now...  So likely available?

"

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#1282017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 3:04pm

ken8631 said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Whether LCT actually pays for a Falsettos performance is up in the air. If they do, it will be something that doesnt require the whole cast. So Block actually has a great shot at performing "I'm Breaking Down". She's their most likely acting nominee, and producers would only have to pay one performer and not coordinate schedules of the other actors for rehearsals. Other closed musicals have done similar solo numbers ("Follies" and "Ragtime" revivals come to mind)

I don't think Stephanie is in anything right now...  So likely available?"

Andrew Rannells confirmed that "the cast" will be performing, so no "I'm Breaking Down"

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

JSquared2
#1292017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 3:23pm

CT2NYC said: "JudyDenmark said: "I actually wouldn't mind a little "Movie in My Mind" (Kim's solo part + ensemble) into "American Dream."

Considering that Rachelle Ann Go will be starring in the London production of HAMILTON, I think "The Movie in My Mind" would be a great choice.

Why on earth would the MISS SAIGON producers (or the Tonys) want (or need) to give a plug to the London production of HAMILTON?

"

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#1302017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 3:30pm

Well, Cameron Mackintosh is actually a producer of the London Hamilton. But I still doubt that would be a high priority for this Tony performance.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#1312017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 8:51pm

Now that we know Bandstand's performing, I'd like to see them do "Nobody." Shows off the stars and the choreography, and hopefully might make people buy a ticket!

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1322017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 9:20pm

Anyone know if Anastasia is performing?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1332017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/24/17 at 9:32pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Anyone know if Anastasia is performing?"

My big question, too. I know Altomare isn't nominated, but I'd be thrilled if she did part of "Journey to the Past" on the Tony telecast.

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#1342017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/25/17 at 12:45pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Anyone know if Anastasia is performing?"

My big question, too. I know Altomare isn't nominated, but I'd be thrilled if she did part of "Journey to the Past" on the Tony telecast.
"

I'd vote for Once Upon a December if they're going to perform - still a beautiful, well-known song from the show/movie, and it shows off the nominated costumes. Sounds like I'm the only one, but I was really underwhelmed by Journey to the Past in the show. It's a great song, but I kept waiting for something interesting to happen with it. Instead, the tempo felt a little slow and she sang it pleasantly enough. Eh. The most interesting part to me was the parting of the cherry blossoms in the digital set at the end.

coreman009
#1352017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/25/17 at 10:57pm

It's tough. Welcome Home is the best number but can you perform it without context? Maybe Welcome Home in the earlier incarnation, without the intense lyrics? Love Will Come And Find Me Again is a showstopper, but it's a slower sing. So maybe Nobody if they wanna go exciting, even if it's not the best?

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#1362017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 1:15am

I tweeted the Anastasia twitter to see if they had any idea if they'd be performing and was told me that there wasn't information at this time but to keep checking back. So, maybe? 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#1372017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 3:13pm

MadsonMelo said: "''Face to Face'' is happening as long both ladies get nominated, doesn't matter if War Paint doesn't get Best Musical nom, the producers of the show and Tony itself won't refuse to have both LuPone and Ebersole doing a showstopper number on the telecast.

"I believe that will be the performance on the TONYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OggS2K0oYjs

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

CaseyBrent41
#1382017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 3:18pm

Hello Dolly is not performing on the tony awards according to my friend who is in the ensemble 

curel1
#1392017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 3:35pm

CaseyBrent41 said: "Hello Dolly is not performing on the tony awards according to my friend who is in the ensemble 

"

Well that's lame. I'm not going to be able to see the show so I wanted some footage of Bette

willrolandsframes
#1402017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:07pm

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I'd be stunned if Hello, Dolly! even performed. And if they do perform, I highly suspect they'll try to pick a song that doesn't involve Bette. Rudin has completely kept her away from the press, so why shouldn't he keep up the act? Scott Rudin wants nothing more than to make as much money as possible off of Bette Midler, so why should he not keep her away from the cameras like he's been doing, because apparently, it's working.

kofler22
#1412017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:09pm

Wait!!! What!!???? Why are their not performing??? Isn't that a big snub? 

willrolandsframes
#1422017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:12pm

kofler22 said: "Wait!!! What!!???? Why are their not performing??? Isn't that a big snub? 

"

Because Scott Rudin says so.

kofler22
#1432017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:27pm

Then I hope Falsettos win and screw Scott Rudin! 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1442017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:55pm

If Scott wants Bette completely out of the way of the press will he even let her attend the ceremony to accept her award? If they don't perform could it upset voters enough that they don't vote for Hello Dolly?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#1452017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 5:59pm

I will be shocked if Hello, Dolly! does not perform. Shocked and VERY disappointed.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

bear88
#1462017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 6:08pm

Without Hamilton as a draw, the Tony telecast was already going to have problematic ratings. A Hello, Dolly performance with Midler would be something to promote. Without that, things sound grim except for people who read this board, and there aren't enough of them.

I have to give Rudin credit for knowing how far he can push things, but I wonder if a Tony Awards snub might be taking it a step too far. Midler would still win, I assume, but might it hurt the Tony chances for the other nominees? It shouldn't work that way, and maybe it won't, but I can certainly imagine a fair amount of anti-Dolly sentiment cropping up if Broadway's best chance to advertise itself is undermined by a producer.

It's all speculation at the moment, though.

Updated On: 5/26/17 at 06:08 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1472017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 6:10pm

bwayphreak234 said: "I will be shocked if Hello, Dolly! does not perform. Shocked and VERY disappointed."

Same here.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#1482017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 6:19pm

Hoping for Stephanie to get a Tony more than anything.  I would be surprised if all the nominations resulted in no Tony's.  Brandon Uranowicz was insanely good.

Stephanatic

adagio
#1492017 TONY Awards Performances
Posted: 5/26/17 at 6:31pm

Great Comet is taking applications for fans to sit onstage during the Tony performance (PDF warning): http://bit.ly/CometTonys

Incredibly jealous of anyone in/near NYC that can take advantage of the opportunity. Any ideas on which song choice this points to? Thinking Balaga/Abduction maybe, like the Today Show performance. Was kind of hoping they'd do Letters.

Videos