News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards- Page 6

COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#125COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/9/17 at 11:05am

loveinnewyorkcity said: "Did everyone get a rejection email or just those short-listed?

"

I didn't receive anything and I wasn't short listed , I never expected to win but I thought it was still awesome of them to do. It took me all of 5 mins to write up an email and take a picture. It was worth a shot, it's like the powerball lottery, gotta be in it to win it and I was just happy I even had a chance to enter because I'm not an actor and I'd never even have a chance of doing something like this otherwise. 

Updated On: 6/9/17 at 11:05 AM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#126COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/9/17 at 2:06pm

One of my very good friends just surprised us on Facebook that he got in! I'm super happy for him!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#127COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/9/17 at 2:32pm

I thought this contest was to merely fill the recreation of the banquette area onstage during the Tony performance: i.e., being an audience member. People are acting as if this was a contest to be *in* the show. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

disneybroadwayfan22
#128COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/9/17 at 5:56pm

It's clearly copied and paste, but I got a e-mail back from Comet. Glad they at least reached back to those who were rejected.

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#129COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/10/17 at 1:32pm

Kad said: "I thought this contest was to merely fill the recreation of the banquette area onstage during the Tony performance: i.e., being an audience member. People are acting as if this was a contest to be *in* the show. 

"

I believe it was to be involved, much like the Good Morning America production when they performed Balaga and The Abduction, they had high schoolers dancing with them. I got an email back from S/W apologizing for the slight delay (a little more than slight but oh well, what are you gonna do) and thought it was nice they actually sent something out. 

Also yes, I feel like a huge issue was acting like this was a contest through Great Comet itself when it was really done through a casting agency and like it was an actual call for actors; even though a lot of fans were chosen.

Oh well. I'm so excited to see what is in store for us on Sunday! 

disneybroadwayfan22
#130COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/17 at 8:04am

Pride to all of you who got in for tonight! Have a great night and we can't wait to see all of you up there!

disneybroadwayfan22
#131COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/17 at 10:24pm

Congrats to all! But they worked with a casting agency...for that? You barely saw anybody!

Updated On: 6/11/17 at 10:24 PM

iowaopoly08
#132COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/11/17 at 11:21pm

Hahaha I literally said the same thing!

cdf1983 Profile Photo
cdf1983
#133COMET invites fans to join them onstage at the Tony Awards
Posted: 6/12/17 at 3:15pm

Congratulations to Comet for having one of the three best numbers of the night (Bandstand and the Cynthia/Leslie number as well)! It was so amazing, though I'm curious as to why they didn't have people participate more? Oh well.

It must have been amazing and I, for one, want to hear all about it!

Videos