News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 7

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

corbucketty
#150Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:59am

Now that nominations have come out, what time do you all recommend lining up?

Hershey968
#151Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/3/17 at 9:13pm

Just wanted to say thanks for your advice. My daughter waited on line Tuesday 5/2 , got there at 5am. They only gave out 10 tickets and we were 10 and 11. So we bought one full price ticket and one SRO ticket. The SRO spot was very good but I did sneak away and sit on the stairs for a little and still had a great view of the stage. My daughter loved the show and it was a great birthday gift! My older daughter who waited on line did say the lady in the box office was so rude to not only her but others on line. Guess she didn't care that people were online from the middle of the night! 

Pandarus1
#152Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/17 at 12:00am

Does anyone know if the house still has to be entirely sold out before standing room tickets are released? I notice that a few premium seats remain unsold for Thursday and Friday shows. 

SkylarElizabeth
#153Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/17 at 12:45am

Pandarus1 said: "Does anyone know if the house still has to be entirely sold out before standing room tickets are released? I notice that a few premium seats remain unsold for Thursday and Friday shows. 

"

It has to be sold out through the box office. The tickets you are seeing might be on 3rd party websites such as stubhub! Those are people who bought tickets through telecharge, and are now reselling them. But for SRO it has to be sold out through telecharge. However, there isn't a problem with this not happening (as you probably know) and you can count on standing room availability every day. 

Myglass989
#154Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/5/17 at 2:11pm

My boyfriend arrived at 11:30pm last night (Thursday) for tonight's show (Friday). He was the first one there, but two others came shortly after. The next person came around 1:30am, the following within the next hour, and by the time I arrived at 6am to keep him company, there were around 12 people in line. They were giving out 11 spots today; someone from the theater came out and went down the line to count around 9am. She let people know where the cut-off was for Standing Room. They also did have some partial view seats for $99 that they were offering to those in line. By the time everyone in line got their tickets and others came by to see if they could get anything full price from the box office, the entire show was sold out for tonight.

We have SRO spots 2 and 4. I know that's on the side; can anyone tell me how the view is from there? Will anything be cut off? Thanks!!

Katie 6
#155Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/5/17 at 11:53pm

I'm planning to rush for Tuesday night's show and can get someone else an SRO ticket if you'll pay for mine. PM me and we could meet before the show on Tuesday to exchange the ticket for cash or venmo

jomilo21
#156Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/7/17 at 8:05pm

Does anyone know about what time you have to get in line for 2 show Sunday tickets?? 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#157Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/7/17 at 11:29pm

I decided to be nosy as I walked over to Bandstand rush and ask the people at the front of the standing room line today what time they got there - I was told they got there at 2:30am. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

hmaybway Profile Photo
hmaybway
#158Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/10/17 at 5:56am

SRO report - Wed 5/10

first person arrived at 10:00pm Tuesday

we arrived 10:30pm tuesday

gradually added a pair every half hour or so

20 people in line by 4:50am

It's now about 6 and there's close to 30

measure your life in love | make up your mind that you're strong enough | #youwillbefound

popidol689
#159Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/10/17 at 9:24am

Hello. I am visiting New York from London on may 27th 2017to June 3rd. I'd really like to see Evan Hansen. I did think about getting standing tickets or casually rocking up to the box office on the Saturday evening as soon as I arrive and seeing if I can get a last minute ticket. If I can't, what time should I queue to get standing tickets on the Sunday. There are two shows on Sunday may 28th. Any advice for a first time New Yorker :)

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#160Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/10/17 at 10:49am

I was doing Dolly SRO today and someone there had someone rushing Dear Evan Hansen and he got the last SRO spot and he arrived at 4am.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#161Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/10/17 at 1:37pm

^im so glad they got tickets. The dad brought us all bagels! I was just in front and got the penultimate pair. Arrived 3:30. I think they had 13 matinee and 6 evening in total but I believe they had some partial view seats too

DearCAbboud
#162Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/10/17 at 6:36pm

Do you think if I got in line at 1am on a Friday in June I'd have a chance?

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#163Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/11/17 at 3:53pm

So wait, just to confirm, are there separate SRO and Cancellation lines or does one turn into the other? I know SRO is lining up overnight, but when does Cancellation start?

hmaybway Profile Photo
hmaybway
#164Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/12/17 at 2:49pm

DearCAbboud said: "Do you think if I got in line at 1am on a Friday in June I'd have a chance?

"

Yeah, more than likely. 

measure your life in love | make up your mind that you're strong enough | #youwillbefound

hmaybway Profile Photo
hmaybway
#165Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/12/17 at 3:05pm

ChairinMain said: "So wait, just to confirm, are there separate SRO and Cancellation lines or does one turn into the other? I know SRO is lining up overnight, but when does Cancellation start?

"

They're the same line. Around 9-9:30 a box office staff member comes out and then asks everyone what they're buying and tells people who will get tickets. Then, when they open the box office they'll sell what people are asking for etc. I'm not sure about specific times for cancellation line but I know it varies  because it depends on how many tickets there are

iowaopoly08
#166Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/16/17 at 12:52pm

Debating a last second trip to NYC for my birthday and was wondering if anyone was planning on doing the line on this next Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (May 23rd/24th/25th)?

Also, how does the online lottery they have play into the availability of tickets for the line?

Thanks!

lm121362
#167Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 4:03am

There are currently 21 people in line at 4am on Saturday 5/19. #19 got here at 3am. #20-21 arrived at 3:40.

corbucketty
#168Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 10:37am

how many SRO tickets do they usually give out?

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#169Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 10:40am

Can be as few as 6.

last wed they had 6 evening, 12 matinee.

Updated On: 5/20/17 at 10:40 AM

Burgcenafan
#170Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 11:13am

Does anyone know how standing room has been on weekdays lately?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#171Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 12:09pm

I'm assuming the constant change in SRO spots is that the cast & crew get them first? I believe the Music Box actually has 18 spots total.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Notreallysilent 2
#172Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 4:35pm

They have 16 in total. But yeah the reason they don't sell all 16 to the people in line is because the cast and crew gets first dibs for their friends and family. Especially since now the show is sold out for months, the only option for their friends and family is standing room.

sonni892
#173Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/20/17 at 6:06pm

Last Friday they gave out 8, the last person to get a ticket was in line by 2:30am.

coolboi952
#174Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 5/22/17 at 8:11am

Did standing room for yesterdays show 5/21. I arrived around 12:45 and was second in line. Only reason i went so early was because it was my last day in the city and i really wanted to see the show. The First person arrived around 11:30 and the third around 1ish. It was us three until about 430 and then a few others arrived.Last person to get SR tickets arrived at 530-6.They gave out about 10 spots and had one partial view for $99. I received center standing room position  and the view was perfect and very comfortable totally worth the price.

Videos