News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!- Page 7

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

Cages or Wings
#150re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:24pm

i posted the psu link for a second, but it seems like its a personal site and i didnt want the bandwidth to explode, so i put up the YouSendIt one instead. I may be wrong though.

JoeGillis
orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#152re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:26pm

Yeah, I tried to download it myself before I posted anything in reponse, just in case there actually was something wrong. It worked perfectly.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

.LittleWing. 0224 Profile Photo
.LittleWing. 0224
#153re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:26pm

thank you so much for the links!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#154re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:27pm

I want to run to California, find Chris Columbus, take back everything I said about him not being able to do this, and hug him.

That's how powerful that trailer is.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ReNtHeAd04
#155re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:29pm

luvtheemcee, i couldn't agree with you more! and btw.. that tattoo re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

Cages or Wings
#156re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:30pm

I completely agree em. I had some serious doubts about him, but it looks like he got it together. Powerful is the perfect word. Im in love with adam with the arms spread, and the shot from behind idina. This trailer is just brilliant.

Edit: Oh and it looks like Raúl is loving the trailer too. Updated On: 6/2/05 at 07:30 PM

luvtheEmcee
#157re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:36pm

Yeah, well, I wasn't too nice about my comments when I first found out he was directing. It took... drastic measures to convince me that this was going to be okay.

Raúl's a happy camper, even though he's not in the movie. re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#158re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:37pm

AAHHH. Can someone please PM or IM me the link/way to see it. Everywhere I go is denied. Did anyone download it? ::freaks out:: IM - actingup07

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Cages or Wings
#159re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:39pm

Raúl may not be in it but he kinda "wrote it". Like a symbol for Jonathan Larson. Like those guys in the south who dress up as Robert E. Lee and play guns.

Sorry about that five days of finals cramming mixed with this trailer has fried my brain.
Updated On: 6/2/05 at 07:39 PM

luvtheEmcee
#160re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:40pm

(He auditioned for the first version, when Spike Lee was still on board - I think.)

Updated On: 6/2/05 at 07:40 PM

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#161re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:42pm

AAH! frustrated RENThead here! I don't know what to do... right now I am redownloading quicktime for my computer in hopes that I can MAYBE be able to view the trailer... I'll let you know how it goes

~kangaroo

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

mpaosong
#162re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:42pm

I have tried several times to view it, but no luck.
Has any one else had that problem? I don't see the option to play the trailer.

Cages or Wings
#163re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:43pm

Really I did not know that. Speaking of Spike...
I really am curious to see what he would do with the material. I mean when I think musicals I don't think Spike.

(Although I guess technically I'm still curious to see what Columbus is going to do with it, as a trailer is not always the best indicator)

Cages or Wings
luvtheEmcee
#165re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:44pm

But when you think "Spike Lee," you think edgy.

I think they looked at Raúl for Mark and Angel.

Cages or Wings
#166re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:47pm

True spike is edgy. I just can't see how he would handle a musical.

Raúl as Angel would completely trp me out, but I'd be interested to see him do Mark. Basically anything he does would interest me though.

orangeskittles
#167re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:47pm

Emcee, I think they looked at Raúl for Roger and Mark. Raúl said that he'd like to play Angel, but he'd never be cast. It was in the Broadway.com Ask A Star he did.

luvtheEmcee
#168re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:48pm

Maybe I'm getting confused... I'm doing this by memory from his chatterbox. If he were younger and thinner, he'd make a killer Angel. He'll never do the show, though.

Cages or Wings
#169re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:50pm

Yeah he definitely is past the point of being a Broadway replacement in a show thats been running for nine years. Oh well at least we have TTB.

luvtheEmcee
#170re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:51pm

And, I'd imagine after doing (and being so attached to) TTB, it would be weird to go and do RENT. Though, my life would be made if he played Roger.

Cages or Wings
#171re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:54pm

Has he sang any of Rent's score at benefits/gigs/chatterboxes/anywhere in public? I would kill to hear his Another Day or his Glory?

Edit: Oh and originating the role he did and then going to Rent probably would be strange, but its fun to wish. Updated On: 6/2/05 at 07:54 PM

orangeskittles
#172re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:56pm

The only reason that I remembered it was because I like fell in love with Raúl when I read that. I'd liked him on the ttB CD, and he seemed like a nice guy and all. But when I read his answer to that, I began to respect him so much more as an actor, because he was so willing to do a controversial role like that without hesitation.

Ok, back to Rent trailer, it's been 3 hours and I still keep smiling whenever I think about it. I made my sister, my brother, and now my mom watch it. re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#173re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 7:58pm

Anybody know of a realplayer format of the RENT movie trailer? I think I am about to burst into tears of frustration

~kangaroore: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Cages or Wings
#174re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 8:00pm

My realplayer plays .mov so maybe you need to upgrade or something.

Videos