News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

COVID Cancellations

BCfitasafiddle
#1950COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 5:09pm

Put Erin Dilly on! 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#1951COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 5:31pm

MadsonMelo said: "Any show heavily dependent of a star will suffer this at one point of the run"

Only if they test positive. Which no one can possibly know will or won't happen.

Dan6
#1952COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 5:38pm

That makes four shows now shut down for the week - Macbeth, A Strange Loop, Suffs, and Plaza Suite. Definitely starting to feel like December again. 

BdwyFan
#1953COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 5:42pm

Don’t most of the positive people feel fine? 

BroadwayRox3588
#1954COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 5:43pm

Dan6 said: "That makes four shows now shut down for the week - Macbeth, A Strange Loop, Suffs, and Plaza Suite. Definitely starting to feel like December again."

Except one of those is because of both of the stars specifically being down due to household transmission (which can happen at any time), and it's been well-rehearsed that Macbeth would likely be down until Craig came back. I don't know how big the Macbeth outbreak is, and it doesn't matter. Craig is out, the show won't go on.

The Plaza Suite cancellation actually doesn't worry me at all, in terms of Broadway as a whole, because this is clearly an instance of household transmission between Broderick and Parker.

Still in wait-and-see mode.

Updated On: 4/7/22 at 05:43 PM

BroadwayRox3588
#1955COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 5:46pm

Note: I am neither being an optimist, nor a pessimist, in this situation. I'm being a realist.

I prefer to stick with the facts, and leave the worry and speculation on the shelf, where they belong.

pagereynolds
#1956COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 6:48pm

Paradise Square tweeted (and then deleted) a post that said "Out of an abidance of caution due to COVID cases in the company, this evening's performance has been cancelled."

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#1957COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 6:53pm

Yes, Paradise Square is cancelled tonight. Also seems to confirm that the absences in the cast yesterday were COVID as well.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
sppunk
#1959COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:26pm

Have tickets next weekend for Six, Funny Girl and Plaza Suite. It was to be our first trip back to Broadway since December 2019.

At this point I fully expect this trip to get cancelled as we have apparently reentered December 2021 in NYC and I assume most shows next week get canceled. Im so, so over this @$#%. 

Broadwaybuff17
#1960COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:33pm

The responsible thing to do is just stop testing… this will never go away… treat it like the flu.. take a vaccine if you want or dont take it at all… You go to florida and nobody cares if you get covid… this headline is getting old already. STOP TESTING… someone’s health is a private matter… i dont care nor should i know if a virus is lurking in someones body.

Ragged Tear
#1961COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:36pm

Broadwaybuff17 said: "The responsible thing to do is just stop testing… this will never go away… treat it like the flu.. take a vaccine if you want or dont take it at all… You go to florida and nobody cares if you get covid… this headline is getting old already. STOP TESTING… someone’s health is a private matter… i dont care nor should i know if a virus is lurking in someones body."

I want to think this is a satirical post. I fear it isn’t.

pagereynolds
#1962COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:37pm

Broadwaybuff17 said: "The responsible thing to do is just stop testing… this will never go away… treat it like the flu.. take a vaccine if you want or dont take it at all… You go to florida and nobody cares if you get covid… this headline is getting old already. STOP TESTING… someone’s health is a private matter… i dont care nor should i know if a virus is lurking in someones body."

Congratulations on your troll post.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#1963COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:38pm

Dan6 said: "That makes four shows now shut down for the week - Macbeth, A Strange Loop, Suffs, and Plaza Suite. Definitely starting to feel like December again."

Crazy -Here we go again...next week Funny Girl and ...

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

iluvtheatertrash
#1964COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:39pm

Am I awful for wondering if Paradise Square will reopen and this is somehow an insurance scheme for Garth? I probably don't know what I'm talking about so PLEASE KNOW this isn't a rumor, just a joke. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1965COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:45pm

Again, this is an air borne virus. And highly contagious. And everyone's body reacts differently to it. It's like getting the flu. 

Johnsylva
#1966COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:46pm

If PLAZA SUITE follows suit with similar shows – when could we *probably* expect Broderick and Parker to return? Naturally, I'm flying in next Friday and this is my first show of the trip! Wishing both wellness soon...

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1967COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:48pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "Am I awful for wondering if Paradise Square will reopen and this is somehow an insurance scheme for Garth? I probably don't know what I'm talking about so PLEASE KNOW this isn't a rumor, just a joke."

Unlikely but as we saw with cancellations of shows like JAGGED, we're living in the wild west.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a show is closing current week (this Sunday), they need to post closing by Tuesday night or pay everyone out.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#1968COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:48pm

iluvtheatertrash said: "Am I awful for wondering if Paradise Square will reopen and this is somehow an insurance scheme for Garth? I probably don't know what I'm talking about so PLEASE KNOW this isn't a rumor, just a joke."

They will use COVID as an excuse and close just like that show Biscuits N Chicken did 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1969COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:50pm

Robbie2 said: "iluvtheatertrash said: "Am I awful for wondering if Paradise Square will reopen and this is somehow an insurance scheme for Garth? I probably don't know what I'm talking about so PLEASE KNOW this isn't a rumor, just a joke."

They will use COVID as an excuse and close just like that show Biscuits N Chicken did
"

At the very least, Chicken & BiscuitsAin't Too Proud, and Diana all had proper closings in the thick of the Omicron BA.1 wave.

Oh look, a bibu!

OhHiii
#1970COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 7:55pm

The insurance providers have explicitly omitted coverage for COVID related cancelations because they got hit so hard due to vague language in their policy coverage pre-pandemic. There was a NYT article about it or Forbes maybe. It's more likely just a way to close the show with a little more dignity than it being closed so soon after opening and having once been buzzed as a real Tony contender. Not to say there aren't COVID issues, but I just think they can't afford to lose a full performance gross even if they were already operating at a big loss which I'm SURE they have been since they started.

bwayplays
#1971COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 8:45pm

pagereynolds said: "Broadwaybuff17 said: "The responsible thing to do is just stop testing… this will never go away… treat it like the flu.. take a vaccine if you want or dont take it at all… You go to florida and nobody cares if you get covid… this headline is getting old already. STOP TESTING… someone’s health is a private matter… i dont care nor should i know if a virus is lurking in someones body."

Congratulations on your troll post.
"

You really need to stop with the “troll post” response when another poster makes a statement that doesn’t align with your thoughts or views. 

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#1972COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 8:56pm

I have to make the call by midnight to cancel my hotel for Saturday. Had SUFFS for Sunday, and TDF for Paradise Square Saturday night. I feel like PS will probably cancel, but I don't know. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#1973COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/7/22 at 10:08pm

Broadwaybuff17 said: "You go to florida and nobody cares if you get covid."

Just when I think I have read the dumbest post ever on here, someone else comes along to outdo it. 

Have you checked with the families of all 5000+ people who died from the first Omicron variant? 

But yeah, you be you and go on defending the indefensible Florida solution to covid. 

BroadwayRox3588
#1974COVID performance cancellation
Posted: 4/8/22 at 4:33am

Robbie2 said: "iluvtheatertrash said: "Am I awful for wondering if Paradise Square will reopen and this is somehow an insurance scheme for Garth? I probably don't know what I'm talking about so PLEASE KNOW this isn't a rumor, just a joke."

"

Ah, good old Biscuits N Chicken.

Videos