News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

nicest person @ stage door....- Page 8

nicest person @ stage door....

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Ruth Sherwood
#175re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/11/04 at 6:16pm

It wasn't at the stage door, but I ran into Susan Egan on the street. She was on her way to "Millie" and she couldn't have been sweeter. Typically I don't wait at the stage door, but as I was coming out of the Hischfeld, there was Donna Murphy and she was very sweet. I never met Leslie Uggams, but heard she was nasty. Either way she is an amazing performer!

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." -Stella Adler

Dollypop
#176re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/11/04 at 6:35pm

I still think Nathan Lane is incredibly nice, even though the last time I waited for him to come out of the stage door he saw me and said, "What, you again?" Then he ran in the other direction. But he was nice about it.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#177re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/12/04 at 1:13am

When I went to go see "Hairspray", Mary Bond Davis was so incredibly kind and down-to-earth. She came out and talked to everyone she signed a playbill for. So nice and SOO funny.

theatreangel
#178re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/12/04 at 12:06pm

Julie Hanson (Christine alternate in POTO). She smiled genuinely at everyone, signed autographs, posed for pictures, and even made conversation with a few of the people who talked to her. The funniest thing was my boyfriend at the time asking her for a hug and she gave it to him! re: nicest person @ stage door....

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#179re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/12/04 at 1:00pm

BroadwayGuy, unless I missed it, I am interested to hear about your expierience with Serge. You keep saying how great he is, what happened? :)

About the ensembles, The first time I saw Rent on Broadway this July, waiting outside, Colin Hanlon (The man, Mark/Roger u/s) came out. My friend asked me who he was, and I said "He was the man." And she looked at me like I was psychotic, so I explained, he was the actor who flicked everyone off after pretending he was a reindeer..and then she understood ::shakes head:: But I went up to him to get his autograph and said "Hey you're the f*ck you guy!" and he looked at me, laughed and did it again for me. Which I thought was pretty funny, ended up chatting with him for a few minutes and got an awesome picture. He is adoreable.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

Kevin Kringle Profile Photo
Kevin Kringle
#180re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/12/04 at 2:08pm

I enjoy these kiddie threads.

Prancer's Reindeer Antlers from 2003 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2284574410&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

CattleCall Profile Photo
CattleCall
#181re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/13/04 at 9:47pm

I haven't stage-doored in awhile, but every time I see John Tartaglia with fans, he is the SWEETEST human being ever.

Patrick Wilson was always extremely accommodating after The Full Monty and Oklahoma, and when I went to see him in Beauty and the Beast, Christopher Sieber signed autographs for over a half hour for a busload of school children.

Also, for being as famous as they are, Tom Cavenaugh and Anne Heche were amazing. When I went to a matinee of Urinetown, Tom Cavenaugh had a line of people waiting for his autograph and he spoke to every single person there, took pictures, and made jokes with everyone. Anne Heche after Proof asked the name of everyone who asked her to sign something and was extremely genuine and friendly with her fans.

"I can't pay the bills yet, 'cause I have no skills yet. The world is a big scary place." - Avenue Q

JaYdOgSoN
#182re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/13/04 at 9:53pm

Melissa Errico!

geri loves wicked
#183re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 9:05am

Not EVERYONE in Avenue Q is so great, the woman who played Gary Coleman didnt even sign autographs when i went, she left before anyone got out there, and people waited for about a half hour just to realize she left already.

Everybody's got the right to their dreams...

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#184re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 9:49am

Kristin Chenoweth
Bernadette Peters
John Dossett
Laura Bell Bundy
Sean McCourt
Eden Espinosa Updated On: 11/14/04 at 09:49 AM

SCBWannabe Profile Photo
SCBWannabe
#185re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 9:57am

Maybe she had somewhere to go. I met her at Q and she was super sweet.

broadwaylove89
#186re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 10:47am

Shoshana Bean, Kristin Chenoweth, Jennifer Laura Thompson, John Tartaglia, and the cast of BKLYN have all been extremely nice to me!

laactress
#187re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 11:00am

The OBC of RENT were ALL so nice and so was the OBC of Into The Woods! Last weekend I met Jennifer Laura Thopson who is SO nice and she really goes out of her way to talk to everyone and take photos with everyone! It's nice.

It started with a sipmle idea, collecting one paper clip for every life lost, the feelings that connect us...are greater than those that divide us!

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#188re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 11:04am

Jennifer Cody is really nice....she talked to me even after she overheard me insult Hunter (who was mean).

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#189re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 11:14am

the cast of bklyn is very nice..the guy who plays "streetsinger" is the nicest of them. also the cast of ave q is very nice.last night people waited almost an hour for john tags and he was SO nice to us,saying sorry for making us wait in the cold. oh yeah barret foa was amazing nice. i stopped him and as i stoped him his cell phone rang and he asked if he could take it and i was of coruse and then he did and arounf 5 min later he came back and said sorry. then we took a picture. we talked and he told me he was going on as princton today tuesday and wedesday and told me to stop by and try lotto if i can. then my friend took about 100 pictures of him. he is my new favorite person . but the people at hairspray are the nicest always

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
Updated On: 11/14/04 at 11:14 AM

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#190re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 11:15am

As of yesterday...Ann Sanders has moved up sooo high on my list. She's soooo nice...

so now it might be...
1. Lisa
2. JLT
3. Ann Sanders
4. JTags
something like that....
re: nicest person @ stage door....

AReinkingfan Profile Photo
AReinkingfan
#191re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:31pm

Ann Reinking
Rachelle Rak
Chita Rivera
Ben Vereen
Karen Ziemba

"Life without music equals death."

mleshawn
#192re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 11/14/04 at 1:44pm

VivaBohemia wrote --
re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted On:11/12/04 at 01:00:09 PM

BroadwayGuy, unless I missed it, I am interested to hear about your expierience with Serge. You keep saying how great he is, what happened? :)

I am with VivaBohemia.. Tells us your Serge story....

Videos