News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Hamilton Resale Tickets

Evergirl
#1Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 4:22pm

I am looking to purchase Hamilton tickets for mid-July.  I am fine paying resale prices (I mean, not fine, but accepting of that reality!) but am trying to gauge my options.  I almost checked out with some on TM, but TM wanted $150 in fees per ticket on top of the already well above face price.  I am looking on StubHub but have heard about forgery issues.  I saw a thread on here somewhere saying that there might be other options (other than CL).  Any tips would be appreciated, even if those tips are just to eat the additional $300.  I am coming from out of state so have limited date availability.  I also don't have the ability to wait in line, and for the price line sitters charge, I would rather pay a bit more and have a guaranteed seat.  Thanks so much!

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#2Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 4:29pm

Evergirl said: "I am looking to purchase Hamilton tickets for mid-July.  I am fine paying resale prices (I mean, not fine, but accepting of that reality!) but am trying to gauge my options.  I almost checked out with some on TM, but TM wanted $150 in fees per ticket on top of the already well above face price.  I am looking on StubHub but have heard about forgery issues.  I saw a thread on here somewhere saying that there might be other options (other than CL).  Any tips would be appreciated, even if those tips are just to eat the additional $300.  I am coming from out of state so have limited date availability.  I also don't have the ability to wait in line, and for the price line sitters charge, I would rather pay a bit more and have a guaranteed seat.  Thanks so much!

Stubhub and another site, Vivid Seats, have a money back guarantee - they do not guarantee that the tickets will be genuine, but if they aren't you will get your money back. (The problem is that some people list tickets on multiple sites so there is always the possibility - innocently or not - of wires crossing.) They both also have very high fees in addition to the ticket price.  I did meet a couple when I was on the Hamilton's New York walking tour who got their tickets from Vivid Seats and they were very happy. 

"

BrownHairedSinger
#3Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 4:45pm

You are going to have fees on top of the resale prices wherever you go.  When looking at StubHub make sure you are looking at the prices with the fees included.  When I bought mine, I just went with Ticketmaster.  I was only in town a couple of days and didn't want to take the chance of the fake tickets.  I also waited until day of at 5:15 to buy them.  Still paid a bunch, but my seats were amazing. Center Row M. I was eye level with the cast on stage. This week I would have been screwed doing that.  I think it depends on how many VIP folks are in town. 

neonlightsxo
#4Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 4:49pm

Ticketmaster is the way to go because they're guaranteed. No way to avoid the fees.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#5Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 4:50pm

Not sure what kind of prices you're willing to pay, but BC/EFA has Care-Tix for Hamilton, $800 per ticket and $601 of each ticket is tax deductible. They open on June 1st for July dates/requests.

http://www.broadwaycares.org/_events--tickets/care-tix-for-hamilton

Evergirl
#6Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 5:16pm

Oh the Broadway Cares link is amazing!  I am bookmarking that and putting an alarm on my calendar to try and get tickets that way.  I like the idea of supporting charity and that price is actually less than I am willing to pay, truth be told.  Have you gotten them from there before to know how it works?  

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#7Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 5:52pm

Evergirl said: "Oh the Broadway Cares link is amazing!  I am bookmarking that and putting an alarm on my calendar to try and get tickets that way.  I like the idea of supporting charity and that price is actually less than I am willing to pay, truth be told.  Have you gotten them from there before to know how it works?  

"

To be honest I haven't been on that page in a few months (back when it was $600 per ticket ($423 was tax deductible)), but the way it worked back then was there would be a drop down menu that listed the dates they had, and you just selected your date from their list and purchased. If the date wasn't on the drop down menu it was already sold out/not available. I personally have never sat in their seats, though. But I'm all for charity and tax deductible when seeing Hamilton. :) 

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#8Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 5/20/16 at 11:35pm

MISH2 said: "Evergirl said: "I am looking to purchase Hamilton tickets for mid-July.  I am fine paying resale prices (I mean, not fine, but accepting of that reality!) but am trying to gauge my options.  I almost checked out with some on TM, but TM wanted $150 in fees per ticket on top of the already well above face price.  I am looking on StubHub but have heard about forgery issues.  I saw a thread on here somewhere saying that there might be other options (other than CL).  Any tips would be appreciated, even if those tips are just to eat the additional $300.  I am coming from out of state so have limited date availability.  I also don't have the ability to wait in line, and for the price line sitters charge, I would rather pay a bit more and have a guaranteed seat.  Thanks so much!

Stubhub and another site, Vivid Seats, have a money back guarantee - they do not guarantee that the tickets will be genuine, but if they aren't you will get your money back. (The problem is that some people list tickets on multiple sites so there is always the possibility - innocently or not - of wires crossing.) They both also have very high fees in addition to the ticket price.  I did meet a couple when I was on the Hamilton's New York walking tour who got their tickets from Vivid Seats and they were very happy. 

MISH2 - which waking tour did you go on and would you recommend it?  I'd love to fit one in when I'm there in June.  Thanks! 
"

"

Evergirl
#9Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 6/1/16 at 5:13pm

Just wanted to say thank you for the heads up on the Broadway Cares tickets!  Just got my confirmation for 2 seats in mid-July.  :)

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#10Hamilton Resale Tickets
Posted: 6/1/16 at 5:27pm

Evergirl said: "Just wanted to say thank you for the heads up on the Broadway Cares tickets!  Just got my confirmation for 2 seats in mid-July.  :)"

Whoo, congrats!

Videos