pixeltracker

2023-2024 Broadway Season- Page 2

2023-2024 Broadway Season

chrishuyen
#252023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/26/23 at 1:06pm

I wonder if part of it is also taking advantage of tourist season.  So many well-reviewed shows opened in the fall and are still struggling.  And yes, historically shows that open closer to the Tonys do better at the awards, but I think the awards aren't as important as they once were to sell tickets.

Also, between Jaws, Back to the Future, and an immersive nightclub, these do seem like shows tourists in particular would be interested in.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#262023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/27/23 at 10:54pm

Barry Manilow and Bruce Sussman’s new musical Harmony will play the Ethel Barrymore Theatre. First preview is October 18, and opening night is November 13. 


Oh look, a bibu!

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#272023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/28/23 at 12:51am

Any rumors of other fall openings? Feels like a super light fall currently. 

amiyagi
#282023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/28/23 at 6:51am

However unlikely it might be, in the event that everything currently open stays open, I have only 7 empty theatres for the fall. And Mousetrap and Purlie Victorious still to have their theatres announced. I don't find it a very exciting fall tbh, but it's not that empty. 

August Wilson
Belasco
Bernard Jacobs
Circle in the Square
James Earl Jones
Longacre
Studio 54

hearthemsing22
#292023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/28/23 at 9:30am

amiyagi said: "However unlikely it might be, in the event that everything currently open stays open, I have only 7 empty theatres for the fall. And Mousetrap and Purlie Victorious still to have their theatres announced. I don't find it a very exciting fall tbh, but it's not that empty.

August Wilson
Belasco
Bernard Jacobs
Circle in the Square
James Earl Jones
Longacre
Studio 54
"

Hmm. I know they want to bring Suffs to Broadway. I wonder what house they'd want for that. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#302023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/29/23 at 10:54am

amiyagi said: "However unlikely it might be, in the event that everything currently open stays open, I have only 7 empty theatres for the fall. And Mousetrap and Purlie Victorious still to have their theatres announced. I don't find it a very exciting fall tbh, but it's not that empty.

August Wilson
Belasco
Bernard Jacobs
Circle in the Square
James Earl Jones
Longacre
Studio 54
"

 

I would hazard that chances are good that more theatres will become available come Labour Day.  Perhaps:

Imperial
Music Box
Schoenfeld
Shubert
Booth
St. James

If the current tenants of these remain through to January it does make planning my next trip much easier, since that's six shows I don't need to think twice about skipping.

 


...
Updated On: 4/29/23 at 10:54 AM

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#312023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 4/29/23 at 11:09am

Evita revival!

chrishuyen
#322023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/12/23 at 8:48pm

Not fully confirmed yet (ie specific dates/theater), but a revival of An Enemy of the People with Jeremy Strong and a new adaptation by Amy Herzog is slated for early 2024

https://playbill.com/article/jeremy-strong-to-return-to-broadway-in-an-enemy-of-the-people?utm_source=Iterable&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PlaybillPost

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#332023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/12/23 at 8:55pm

Broadway Flash said: "Evita revival!"

I will sell my soul to get a ticket for Evita! Especially if the rumors are true that Rachel Ziegler is playing Eva. I'm gonna have to find a way to see an evening performance because she most likely won't do matinees. 


The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

hache2
#342023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/18/23 at 5:20pm

So what is next for Imperial and/or Music Box?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#352023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/19/23 at 2:39am

Come fall in Love apparently will go to the Imperial.  There’s also Chess, The Secret Garden, Evita, The Wanderer, Suffs, Smash, The Great Gatsby trying to come in this season.  Does anyone know if Downstate or English is trying to get to Broadway? 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#362023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/19/23 at 10:14am

I feel like we keep hearing about SOOOO many readings and workshops + there's been all the shows that have been off-Broadway or out of town, but we have so many theatres that don't have an announced tenant for the fall! 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#372023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/19/23 at 10:22am

Broadway Flash said: "Come fall in Love apparently will go to the Imperial. There’s also Chess, The Secret Garden, Evita, The Wanderer, Suffs, Smash, The Great Gatsby trying to come in this season. Does anyone know if Downstate or English is trying to get to Broadway?"

There's also Destiny of Desire, The Notebook, The Outsiders, Griswold Family Vacation, some other word on the street revivals, and more...

 

Interested to see who gets the theaters next season! The line is out the door!


There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

Chaz Hands
#382023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/19/23 at 5:13pm

Voter said: "Broadway Flash said: "Come fall in Love apparently will go to the Imperial. There’s also Chess, The Secret Garden, Evita, The Wanderer, Suffs, Smash, The Great Gatsby trying to come in this season. Does anyone know if Downstate or English is trying to get to Broadway?"

There's also Destiny of Desire, The Notebook, The Outsiders, Griswold Family Vacation, some other word on the street revivals, and more...



Interested to see who gets the theaters next season! The line is out the door!
"

Additionally, there’s also The Secret Life of Bees, Kiss My Aztec, The Bedwetter, Karate Kid, Joy, Life After, Trading Places, Hercules, and The Devil Wears Prada to name a few more shows which have had out-of-town tryouts, and creative teams still working on them. 
 

So many shows, so few theaters open…

 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#392023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/19/23 at 5:31pm

There's also Destiny of Desire, The Notebook, The Outsiders, Griswold Family Vacation, some other word on the street revivals, and more...

My beautiful friend co-wrote Family Vacation and I can confirm they are still working on it and will continue to do so. It's not ready for Broadway.....yet! 

 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#402023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/20/23 at 3:39pm

I hear Dear World will also be announcing soon.  Limited run like Parade, perhaps at the Jacobs?

Robbie516
#412023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/20/23 at 3:44pm

Has anyone else heard the rumor about Dear World?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#422023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/20/23 at 3:47pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "Broadway Flash said: "Evita revival!"

I will sell my soul to get a ticket for Evita! Especially if the rumors are true that Rachel Ziegler is playing Eva. I'm gonna have to find a way to see an evening performance because she most likely won't do matinees.
"

 

Why would you sell your soul just to see Ziegler as Eva Peron and she's not playing matinees?


"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Chaz Hands
#432023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/25/23 at 4:57pm

Chaz Hands said: "Voter said: "Broadway Flash said: "Come fall in Love apparently will go to the Imperial. There’s also Chess, The Secret Garden, Evita, The Wanderer, Suffs, Smash, The Great Gatsby trying to come in this season. Does anyone know if Downstate or English is trying to get to Broadway?"

There's also Destiny of Desire, The Notebook, The Outsiders, Griswold Family Vacation, some other word on the street revivals, and more...



Additionally, there’s also The Secret Life of Bees, Kiss My Aztec, The Bedwetter, Karate Kid, Joy, Life After, Trading Places, Hercules, and The Devil Wears Prada to name a few more shows which have had out-of-town tryouts, and creative teams still working on them.


So many shows, so few theaters open…


Should we assume Susan Stroman’s “Little Dancer” is a goner at this point? I feel like the only project I’ve heard her talk about recently is SMASH, as well as New York, New York of course.

 

JSquared2
#442023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/25/23 at 5:04pm

Broadway Flash said: "I hear Dear World will also be announcing soon. Limited run like Parade, perhaps at the Jacobs?"

 

Yeah --- but it's actually going to be running in rep along with an all-star revival of JUMBO!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#452023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/25/23 at 5:39pm

Broadway Flash said: "I hear Dear World will also be announcing soon. Limited run like Parade, perhaps at the Jacobs?"

This would be a baffling choice for a commercial producer unless, say, Meryl Streep wanted to play the Countess (ha). Could maybe fit into Roundabout’s season? But I think even they would take a bath on it.

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#462023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/25/23 at 6:56pm

JSquared2 said: "Broadway Flash said: "I hear Dear World will also be announcing soon. Limited run like Parade, perhaps at the Jacobs?"
Yeah --- but it's actually going to be running in rep along with an all-star revival ofJUMBO!
"

I hear they scratched JUMBO! in favor of BEN FRANKLIN IN PARIS.

 

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#472023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/25/23 at 9:39pm

I read somewhere that MTC is currently casting for Prayer for the French Republic to be presented at the Friedman starting late fall, early winter. I can't find where I read it. Does anyone know if this info is true? I'm sorry I missed it when last presented.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#482023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 5/25/23 at 9:54pm

Yes, it's happening. Auditioned has been posted. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#492023-2024 Broadway Season
Posted: 6/1/23 at 10:01am

Prayer for the French Republic will begin previews December 19 and open January 9 at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre. 


Oh look, a bibu!


Videos