Posted: 3/2/24 at 8:12am

https://deadline.com/2024/03/mike-nichols-a-life-peter-spears-movie-1235843447/

sign me up as I LOVED the book! 

Who do you think would play him well? 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/2/24 at 9:09am

The film will focus on his early years touching lightly on his later years as a director, so it’s the young Mike Nichols. 

Dan Stevens has the acting credits (also understands comedy) and has a subtle resemblance to the young Mike Nichols. I’d love to see Sarah Silverman as Elaine May as she’s proven she’s a great character actress in MAESTRO.

Mike Nichols Biopic!

Jonathan Cohen Profile Photo
Jonathan Cohen
#3Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/2/24 at 7:37pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "I’d love to see Sarah Silverman as Elaine May as she’s proven she’s a great character actress in MAESTRO."

I think the movie is primarily about the period when Nichols was making Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - Elaine May was 34 when the movie came out. Silverman is 53 now, she might have missed her window for that role. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#4Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/2/24 at 11:54pm

Aubrey Plaza idolizes Elaine May.

What about Alana Haim from Licorice Pizza?

I do hope it focuses on just the younger portion of his life...trying to go cradle-to-grave (or even doing what Maestro does) doesn't always work that well.

Alex Kulak2
#5Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/3/24 at 1:11pm

Aubrey Plaza is a dead ringer for Elaine May. I could also see Rachel Sennott, who is easily one of the funniest people working in film right now.

BrodyFosse123
#6Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/3/24 at 2:07pm

I think it's safe to assume we found our Elaine May in Aubrey Plaza.  She's joining the ranks of the A-Listers quickly which would definitely add a top tier talent to the film.  

Blue_Lotus Profile Photo
Blue_Lotus
#7Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/4/24 at 10:15pm

Jonathan Cohen said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I’d love to see Sarah Silverman as Elaine May as she’s proven she’s a great character actress in MAESTRO."

I think the movie is primarily about the periodwhen Nichols was makingWho's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - Elaine May was 34 when the movie came out. Silverman is 53 now, she might have missed her window for that role.
"

Oh! So it doesn’t “touch lightly” at his later years as a director as the proverbial BWW  “know-it-all” claims. Interesting…

...i am an infinite soul in a human body who is in the process of never ending growth...

BrodyFosse123
#8Mike Nichols Biopic!
Posted: 3/4/24 at 11:02pm

Oh! So it doesn’t “touch lightly” at his later years as a director as the proverbial BWW “know-it-all” claims. Interesting…

Mike Nichols Biopic!

Videos