News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#0LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 6:58pm

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Ticketmaster

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:00pm

You say "NOOOOOOOOOO" like you're surprised.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:00pm

Well, they need that time to put the Enkil and Akasha masks on eBay, I guess...and maybe the furniture that the demon no longer tosses. And Jack Noseworthy's wig.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 2/1/06 at 07:00 PM

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#3re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:05pm

Well, this news will make so many posters here soooooooooo happy!

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#4re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:05pm

So maybe now you'll stop pestering us with your threads about tickets.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#5re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:07pm

Praise.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#6re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:09pm

I gotta say...why so many threads about purchasing tix to one show? What's the point?

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#7re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:11pm

If they put Enkil and Akasha's backscratcher things on Ebay, I am so there. re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#8re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:15pm

Oh my god, that was so unnecessary.....and so funny! I remember thinking, what the hell are those things and why? I am hoping that the rumors around the team shelving the whole Egyptian part of the musical are true!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:20pm

"Tell us more, tell us more! Marius, tell us moooooooooore!"

Aaaand apparently he will, since he'll be the focus of that scene now!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#10re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:24pm

That's right, huh? How the hell will they end this show if not for the Egyptian scene? This is a serious question, by the way. Please, no responses with terms like "not ever opening" need apply!

Shawk Profile Photo
Shawk
#11re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 7:52pm

Well, I don't know for sure, obviously, but my guess would be that if they are making the Theatre of the Vampires show in Act I all about Marius, then the end will have something to do with Marius helping Lestat realize... something (which means that the show will actually have to establish some sort of journey for Lestat). Hopefully with less gold face-paint. re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!

'"Contrairiwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."' ~Lewis Carroll

RentBoy86
#12re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 8:00pm

Oh okay, I thought they were cancelling the show, but nm, they're just delaying. No biggie. They'll still open, which is good. I want to see what happens to this show.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#13re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 8:36pm

The NY backers backed out re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Loge Profile Photo
Loge
#14re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 9:38pm

They're going to need more than a two week delay to fix this piece of ****.

"What the hell happened to you? You look like a Make-A-Wish Kid. You know, I just knew you were gonna bring shame on this new family of ours, and it just figures you had to go make yourself over into some heroin-shootin skate board chic on the only day E! could interview you!" - Cherry Cherry, on her daughter Mary Cherry

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#15re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:05pm

Honestly, and with all due respect... couldn't they take a hint about vampire musicals and Broadway put together?

It almost looks like someone's trying to make the idea work, no matter what. But, I think they should give it a rest, no creative process should be this painful.
And I know hundreds of musicals have had difficult journeys and that the vampire aspects must be the least of all problems here, but it almost seems like no one is getting the idea that maybe the shoe doesn't fit here. At least not in this time and place.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#16re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:23pm

So, Is it possible they have cancelled this show totally now and that "Lestat" will hence be known as an out of town flop? Has this happened with a big studio backing before? I mean, If it is likely to just fold in a matter of 2 months on Broadway why pour even more bucks into this? Producers are taking a real gamble on this one. What was the last "Vampire" success on Broadway, 1978 with Frank Langella?

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#17re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:25pm

"What was the last "Vampire" success on Broadway, 1978 with Frank Langella?"

More than that, name a succesful singing vampire.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Kevinoes Profile Photo
Kevinoes
#18re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:30pm

It's a bit of a surprise to me but a smart move. Some shows meet their Broadway date dead on with all its problems and go on from there. They REALLY need to sit down and work the show out. I'm hoping some good is done with this time.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#19re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:39pm

The only singing Vampires I knew of were Crawford & Hewitt. Yes, Work out the problems but - at how much cost and if the SF run was any omen why bother with a flop? Who decided this show was ready to open at the Curran anyway? It sounds like it was still totally a concept and, sadly, not a good one. I wanted to believe in this show more than anything but it doesn't seem possible now. The creative team itself has trouble, like a composer who runs away to get married when it is about to open - and we all know Elton wasn't even in danger of being pregnant so he could have been a June Bride. Something isn't well with this show and a lot seems as if it is being hidden.
My point: "Why open a show that already seems cursed"?

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

timote316
#20re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:48pm

Now, jimmie, no need to spread rumors. We don't know that Elton wasn't pregnant.

I hope they work out the problems. I hate to see a show fizzle. Flop with a bang, maybe, but not fizzle.

Christina314 Profile Photo
Christina314
#21re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:54pm

this is horrible!i have tickets for march 25th at 2...and its canceled!!!!

timote316
#22re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:57pm

You'll have the option of rescheduling or a refund.

#23re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 10:58pm

Just as I thought. I'm glad that they are taking the extra time to work out the bugs in this show, instead of implusively putting it on. Best of luck to the cast and crew. I hate to see any musical flop, so I'm still rooting for it! :)

~Rosalynn

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#24re: LESTAT OFFICIALLY DELAYED!!!
Posted: 2/1/06 at 11:26pm

"If it is likely to just fold in a matter of 2 months on Broadway why pour even more bucks into this? Producers are taking a real gamble on this one."

Way before that, who thought about writing another vampire musical?
How could they really think it had a chance after the flops that vampire musicals had on Broadway not so long ago?
Had they come up with "Interview with the Vampire: The Musical" I would understand how in their heads they would have thought it could exploit the popularity of the movie, bujt instead, they go this way... oh well, it is proven that human beings are incaple of learning from history.

Videos