News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Gary Beach encounters

peapod36 Profile Photo
peapod36
#0Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:01pm

Since I live in the Midwest,I won't get to come to NY to see Gary Beach in Les Mis.( sob!)I'd like to know from people who have taken pictures with him or talked with him after a show what he is really like.

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

NathanLaneStalker
#1re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:03pm

On my first trip to NY I asked if I could meet him like....2 hours before the show. So they took me backstage and we talked for at least 30 min! He's sooo sweet and one of the nicest people on b'way!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:18pm

Since I live in the Midwest,I won't get to come to NY to see Gary Beach in Les Mis.

Don't they have planes in the midwest? I coulda sworn...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

NathanLaneStalker
#3re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:19pm

Well, I'm sure it's the money.

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

SuttonFan Profile Photo
SuttonFan
#4re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:25pm

Please explain -- you just asked to meet him? That's amazing, I wish I knew that you could do that. My first trip to NYC was a few months ago and I just waited at the stage door with throngs of other fans!

"Champagne makes me drowsy!"

WORDS TO LIVE BY:

As we stumble along on life's funny journey. As we stumble along into the blue. We look here and we look there, seeking answers anywhere. Never sure of where to turn or what to do.

Still we bumble our way through life's crazy labyrinth. Barely knowing left from right nor right from wrong. And the best that we can do is hope a blue bird, will sing his song as we stumble along.

Yankeefan007
#5re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:27pm

Gary is one of the nicest people on Broadway. He's a pleasure to meet and talk to.

NathanLaneStalker
#6re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:29pm

SuttonFan - Yes. I went to the theatre 2 to 3 hours before the show and asked someone if I could meet him and they just took me back there! It was awesome!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#7re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:35pm

He is a great man and VERY sweet. NICE guy. Genuine. Honest. Funny. He was a joy to speak with and laugh at all three times I saw him after THE PRODUCERS re: Gary Beach encounters

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#8re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:38pm

I did a regional production of "Scrooge - the musical" in Houston with Gary Beach. The cast fondly called it "Disco Scrooge" because of all the pop orchestration in some of the muscial numbers. Although, not the greatest show, we had a great cast that was headed by Mr. Beach.

I can truly say, he is the nicest and sweetest man. On the last day of the show, he went to all the dressing rooms and said how it was a pleasure to work with us. I even got to take a picture with him. As soon as I scan it, I will post it on here.

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

Garland Grrrl Profile Photo
Garland Grrrl
#9re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:55pm

read james kirwood's book DIARY OF A MAD PLAYWRIGHT.
gary features prominently.

he is a fun, classy guy.

Mind is Mantra.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#10re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:03pm

Does anyone remember when Gary Beach guest starred on SAVED BY THE BELL, during the "class rings" episode?

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

RabbitRun Profile Photo
RabbitRun
#11re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:31pm

Below is a post from a previous thread; made by a poster after another poster declared Gary Beach to be a Saint.

It's so refreshing to see that people can still be naive. A "Saint", I have known Gary for years, and truly do love and adore him. Yes, there is no doubt that when called for, he can ooze charm with the finesse of a professional "snake oil" salesman.

Sorry to burst your bubble but, "Mr Beach's" feet are firmly planted on mother earth. He, like all the rest of us, does have his "bitchy" & "moody" moments.

Updated On: 8/11/06 at 01:31 PM

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#12re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 1:32pm

HOUFlip, I saw that show, too. I've been stalking you all these years, and you didn't even know it.

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
HOUFlip04
#13re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 3:59pm

Should I be scared???? :)

This is Harvard, not a stripper bar...

neddyfrank2
#14re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 4:03pm

Nathanlanestalker- What show was he in when you did this? And, what is your avatar?

thevolleyballer
#15re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 4:09pm

I have to agree with everyone. Gary is definitely one of the nicest guys on Broadway. I can't say the nicest, because I wholeheartedly believe that rests with Gregory Jbara, but regardless of Mr. Jbara, Gary Beach is definitely an amazing personality on and offstage. He's so gracious for his fans, and won't hesitate to start a conversation amidst the crowd of waiting fans. He's just fantastic like that. I met him twice after The Producers and was just amazed by his whole persona.

And NathanLaneStalker, I so wish I could believe you, but... well, you know. Lizzie, I'm surprised you haven't said anything yet. :)

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#16re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/11/06 at 4:13pm

I don't know what he's "really like" because I'm not friends with him, but he was funny kind at the La Cage stagedoor and signed and took pictures for anyone who asked.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

peapod36 Profile Photo
peapod36
#17re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/12/06 at 1:32am

Money is the reason I'm not coming to New York anytime soon,for those who were wondering. If I had Paris Hilton money,I go in a second! Also I have seen The Producers and Phantom (twice) in St. Louis. I go there for my cultural experiences. haha

What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

mustard
#18re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/12/06 at 4:43am

I interned at a theatre one summer and he was Luther Billis in South Pacific and Rooster in Annie. He was very friendly and funny, and I have a few pictures of him clowning around backstage with me. I really need a scanner.
re: Gary Beach encounters

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#19re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/12/06 at 9:20am

I'm waiting for someone to post about Gary Beach Encounters of the Third Kind.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

dancinfan
#20re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/12/06 at 7:55pm

Gary Beach is truly funny and generous and kind. I used to run into him frequently when I lived on the upper west side because he also lived in that neighborhood. We both frequented a particular candle store. He always had time to stop and chat.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#21re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/12/06 at 8:52pm

I never do the stage door thing. For some strange reason, I run into Gary all the time.
A few years ago I met him on the 104 Bus and he was the sweetest and funniest man I have ever talked with.
He is a peach. The second time I ran into him he sat next to me on the 104 bus and was excited to see me. He even asked how my date was(I was on my way to a blind date) the man actually remembered.
I LOVE HIM. He is a sweetheart.
Gary is the best.

NathanLaneStalker
#22re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/14/06 at 9:30pm

neddyfrank2 - He was in The Producers last Nov. My avatar is Nathan Lane as Alvin in The Birdcage.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#23re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/14/06 at 9:38pm

Gary is so graceful, a real star.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Jon
#24re: Gary Beach encounters
Posted: 8/14/06 at 9:47pm

I once had an encounter on a beach in Gary, Indiana... oh wait - that's not what you meant...

Videos