News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CAX

Member Name: CAX
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BREAKING: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead in NY
 Feb 2 2014, 06:33:46 PM
I am floored by this news. I have also been surprised with just how quickly people have sprung into stone-throwing mode. I am thankful I have not faced a substance abuse battle, but will be first to admit I have had my share of "white collar" addictions... food, sugar, sex, shopping, truth bending, people manipulating etc... and in moments like this I can't help be think that if we removed the stigma attached to illegal substances AND/OR attacked other addictions with the level of vitriol with w
Kenneth Branagh to make NY Stage debut with MACBETH
 Aug 20 2013, 11:28:42 AM
It's crazy. The man wrote a lot of other plays. Who needs ANOTHER mackers?!
EVITA closing - producers Epic Fail
 Dec 19 2012, 02:44:17 PM
If only they'd been able to arrange this stunt performance at the end of each show...

The Piano Lesson
 Nov 27 2012, 10:50:59 PM
Misto, that would make sense since the actors playing Lyman and Boy Willie are real life brothers. Not sure that's something that should register in the play.
The Piano Lesson
 Nov 27 2012, 11:39:55 AM
Thank you. Yes, I was referring to the Yale production. It is my understanding that Dutton and Jackson shared parts on more than a few productions of Wilson's plays.
The Piano Lesson
 Nov 27 2012, 12:05:27 AM
I'm intrigued. The older characters or the central siblings? I'm a fan of the play, read and have always heard Samuel L Jackson was amazing as Boy Willie in the original.
The Piano Lesson
 Nov 26 2012, 06:03:44 PM
Not too much being said about this show. Is it a remarkable production? I want to see it, but haven't heard much (or any) word of mouth.
ITW Controversy: Broadway Actress Disses Show
 Jul 26 2012, 03:35:52 PM
Tact, unfortunately, is not a given. This woman, as a performer involved in several shows that were far from groundbreaking or even in the vicinity artistic excellence, should really think of what glass house she chooses to pitch her bitchy stones at. I can only hope it follows her a little bit, at least long enough for the humble pie to digest. No one's promised a career in this industry. The theatre gods giveth and they taketh away.
THIS PORGY AND BESS IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST.....
 Jan 8 2012, 02:26:05 AM
and you joined the site this morning to say this?
Stick Fly reviews
 Dec 9 2011, 03:07:24 AM
pretty uneventful. Seems the critics sorta chewed it over and let it be.
Stick Fly - First Preview
 Nov 20 2011, 08:44:13 AM
Interesting... This play may just beat out Mountaintop for the play thread with the most tumbleweeds on BWAY world.

There's that little interest in the piece?

Stick Fly - First Preview
 Nov 20 2011, 08:04:14 AM
weird system hiccup.... repeated it!
New Poll: What Non-Animated Disney Movie Do You Want to See on Broadway Next?
 Oct 21 2011, 03:10:50 PM
I've had the Beetlejuice idea for a LONG time. I think it'd be great. would have a lot of the Halloween/offbeat market appeal, too.

I know it's not Disney territory, but I also think The Devil Wears Prada would be great musical territory.

Mountaintop Opening Night...
 Oct 15 2011, 09:26:33 AM
Not sure what conclusion should be drawn but there have been other plys that had lackluster prospects which were all over BWW at the time of their opening and usually people cannot wait to see the reviews. This piece has been largely ignored in comparison. I wish them the best and hope to catch it soon.
New PORGY AND BESS artwork
 Oct 11 2011, 06:29:33 PM
The thing that occurred to me the moment I saw it was it looks like the poster for CARMEN JONES. That said, I'm super curious about the show.
Shakespeare - Leading and Featured Roles Question
 Aug 15 2011, 08:32:23 PM
I always find Shakespeare funny that way.

Like Midsummer Night's Dream... who's the lead of that?
Cymbeline?
Othello?

And is it the line count that determines it for you or is it the character at the center of the action of the piece?

'And I Am Telling You' this is the most offensive, outrageous, and hilarious rendition of the song you will EVER see performed!
 Jun 5 2011, 06:47:49 PM
Well then there is this guy....

Von Smith.

Why so few female writers and directors on Broadway?
 Apr 22 2011, 08:46:35 PM
Good question. Not sure I know the answer to it but I can't help but think that the perceived failures of women directors/writers on bway (Taymor comes to mind) and beyond (Kate Whoriskey @ the Intiman) must affect the number of invitations women will receive to the the (mainly) white male party.
Jackson to Play THE MOUNTAINTOP Without Berry; Previews Begin Sept. 22 at Bernard Jacobs Theater
 Apr 15 2011, 01:41:17 AM
I was actually serious, DONThate. If Sean Combs could be allowed to butcher Hansberry's A Raisin in the Sun, why would the possibility of Janet Damita Jo Jackson treading the boards seem so far fetched?
Jackson to Play THE MOUNTAINTOP Without Berry; Previews Begin Sept. 22 at Bernard Jacobs Theater
 Apr 15 2011, 01:04:42 AM
Going out on a loooooong limb but wondering if Janet Jackson has any traction. In her Piers Morgan interview she spoke at length about wanting to have the experience of a Broadway run. I have no idea whether she'd be awful or not, but it could be an interesting direction to go in and she would have a built in fanbase, right? Which could be a producer's dream. and the poster could save a little ink. They could be listed as Samuel L. - Janet /JACKSON.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You