News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jimpuws

Member Name: jimpuws
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: A STEADY RAIN thoughts, anyone??
 Sep 12 2009, 06:08:35 PM
I was sitting in the orchestra, about the 8th row. Detectives don't wear "uniforms" per se, they wear jackets, ties, and badges, and yes, it was clear that he was wearing a detective badge pinned to his belt. I'm not sure that it was revealed when he took off his jacket and put it on the back of the chair or I could see it before, but I definitely saw it.

Sep 12 2009, 04:43:31 PM
It was clear to me from the beginning that Craig was wearing a detective uniform and badge, and Jackman wasn't so I kind of figured that he would be the "last man standing" as mentioned many times. It is also the theater - you do not have to be logical, just theatrically appropriate, which I thought it was. Both performances were riveting. I think Craig has the harder job because it's less showy, but extraordinarily complex.

Sep 12 2009, 09:48:29 AM
I went with my wife who is from Chicago. Her father-in-law is a just-retired cop from the South Side of Chicago. Jackman sounded just like him. Rough, flat, kind of nasal - he got it exactly right (I think I heard him say 'been' wrong once). Craig sounded a little NY at times.

All in all it was compelling and well acted if far-fetched. Enough incidents to fill two seasons of NYPD Blue, but those two guys were almost worth the price of tickets.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You