News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BBBW

Member Name: BBBW
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
 Nov 16 2018, 06:12:25 PM

imeldasturn said: "Here there is an audio clip of Terri singing Rainbow High

http://through-my-memoirs.tumblr.com/post/145218652178/terri-klausner-patti-lupones-alternate-sings
"

I just texted this to Terri and surprisingly she had never heard it before.. She said "Holy moley!!! Rainbow Higheeeee! It got a bit more refined as time went on...I loved singing that..."

She is a LOVELY woman... Not a diva bone in her body. She's a mom and teaches musical theater at a local studio. She's the most nurturing, generous and sweet soul you'd ever hope to meet.

Although, she has some wonderful stories about Evita and Sophisticated Ladies... 

re: Kristina
 Sep 25 2009, 02:08:43 PM
Speedjeans,

I have no problem with you disagreeing with my opinion of the show, but when you start out be saying things like:

"your motivation was to get out of the house on somebody else's dime." and other snide comments, implying that I must be an idiot who just didn't understand that it was a concert, you're attacking on a personal level. I was attacking the show, you were attacking me.

I really didn't like it. I seriously couldn't wait for it to be over. And w

Sep 25 2009, 01:13:16 PM
Thank you DeNada...

I was given a copy of Chess about a year before it came to NY and flipped. I LOVED it... I couldn't wait for it to come to NY. I didn't really understand what was happening, but I loved the score. Then I saw the show... They tried to give it more of a plot, but it didn't really work. I saw it again and it was definitely better... and I thought it could've run, but by then it was too late. BUT the big problem with it as a theatrical piece is the lack of movement

Sep 25 2009, 10:43:35 AM
Dude,

What is wrong with some people on this message board? You can't express an opinion without without being attacked by someone else who doesn't agree.

For the record, I've never seen or heard Kristina before but I was very excited in interested in seeing it. I LOVED Chess... the album... and got to see it twice in it's Broadway incarnation. I saw the first preview and the night before it closed. And I found things to enjoy about it both times. I was really looking forw

Sep 25 2009, 09:34:11 AM
Holy Crap.. That must have been the most boring self important piece of crap I ever sat through. I went cause I had friends in the cast and got a comp, but it was pure torture to sit through. Yes, You Have to be There was lovely, but it was far too little too late. Up until then we had one long snooze fest (with the exception of a screamy number involving a louse sandwich... WTF?)

The second act was stronger and had more interesting moments but I didn't think Act 1 would ever end.

re: Broadway on Broadway Songs
 Sep 15 2009, 04:02:05 PM
Actually I didn't see an orchestra as I wasn't that close and was only passing through... But not all the shows use the live band (especially the "rock" shows) and she was singing to a recording.
re: Broadway on Broadway Songs
 Sep 15 2009, 10:37:23 AM
The wasn't Beth best work, but it's extremely hard to sing that song at 11:30 in the morning, especially to a track.

Trust me, she'll be wonderful in the show and definitely knows what she's doing with her voice.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You