News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chess2

Member Name: chess2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CHESS - SWEDEN
 Sep 11 2012, 08:27:52 AM
I went to Gothenburg friday to attend the first night performance of the gothenburg production of Chess pa Svenska saturday sept 8.
The production is produced by the Gothenburg Opera and it plays in the Gothenburg Operahouse. It is a stunning, intelligent production, with another few changes. Some small parts of the London production were back in, the endgame is moved back to it's proper place at the end of the second act. All the changes worked perfectly well compared to the Stockholm production. It was staged in a giant comic book setting. That worked suprisingly well. Set and costume design were top of the bill, broadway/west-end standard. Having seen a lot of musicals and esp productions of Chess, I think this is one of the best directed musicals I have seen in years. The director is a genius. It felt more updated than ever with some stellar performances. There was a large orchestra (I stopped counting at 30) and an opera choir. The fabulous score of Chess sounded better than ever.

Some pictures and background information: http://en.opera.se/forestallningar/chess-pa-svenska-2012-2013/

re: Kristina
 Sep 25 2009, 02:04:04 PM
I haven't seen the concert. But I find it very strange that people have an opinion as if it where a theatre production.
It's a concert and should be judged on that basis.
Now I have seen the original Swedish production and it was the most memorable evening in my life. It lasted for 4 hours, normally way too long, but I didn't mind at all. The production had stunning sets from Robin Wagner and was one the best directed musicals I have ever seen (and I see a lot..). The story is extremely

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You