News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peachesr

Member Name: peachesr
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Miserables Movie Auditions/Casting Info
 Dec 5 2011, 07:51:19 PM
If I remember rightly Hooper had a really tight shooting schedule for The Kings Speech so he's more than capable of getting things done, even if this film is a much bigger scale.
Redmayne is tied up in Richard II until the Feb 4th so assuming he'd be going straight into the film (who knows, they may not need hi for a while) he's going to working double time to do the play and prep for that too because they're going to have to get into the studio and record the vocals prior to shooting.

Eddie Redmayne Joins Les Miserables Movie
 Nov 2 2011, 11:45:41 AM
For anyone interested in Russell Crowes voice, check out The Crowe/Doyle songbook.
 Nov 2 2011, 05:21:00 AM
I don't see why Marius has to be conventionally handsome, he's very charismatic on screen IMO, it should work fine.

Nov 1 2011, 03:03:45 PM
It's really left-field casting and he was never on my radar for this role but I love it. He's an incredibly talented actor, looks much younger than his age and presumably, if he's got the role, then he can sing, he certainly has a wonderful speaking voice (can;t wait to see him in Richard II at the Donmar). I don't think for a second in this day and age they would even consider casting someone who couldn't sing, I mean pulling a Marni Nixon nowadays just wouldn't wash with the public, surely the
Photo Flash: First Look at EVITA's Stars - Ricky Martin, Elena Roger & Michael Cerveris; Previews Start March 12
 Oct 27 2011, 12:57:02 PM
Seeing Ricky Martin makes me miss Matt Rawle.
Godspell - First Preview Tonight
 Oct 14 2011, 08:09:37 AM
The thing is, if people had been to see it and no one posted a review there would have been whining on mass about that. Opinions are opinions.It's nice to have review of the first preview for people to compare to as the run goes on, we can all hear what changes have been made etc. It's never been a particularly strong show as far as I'm concerned but this sounds like a big old car crash at the moment; chicken dance, jacuzzi's, Wicked references...eek!
Darren Criss sings
 Sep 23 2011, 05:50:10 PM
Off all the boys on the show, Criss has by far the best vocals. We all know Glee is auto-tuned beyond belief, I wouldn't really judge him until he's done a week in How To Succeed.
I watch Glee, I'm by no means a super fan gleek, but that said, if the show serves as a introduction to get more kids interested in theatre and gets them buying tickets to shows, then it's all good with me. I don't think the show is the monstrosity people like to jump on the band wagon and think it is.

Universal Sets Release Date for Les Miz Movie
 Sep 8 2011, 08:05:20 PM
I had a feeling about Crowe. It was only about a week ago he was quoting Victor Hugo on his twitter.
Les Miserables Movie Casting Rumors and Filming Date
 Aug 31 2011, 11:41:25 AM
Russell Crowe has been quoting Victor Hugo on twitter. Coincidence? Odd timing certainly. I'd love to see Hathaway play Fantine. Great opportunity for her.
 Aug 26 2011, 06:49:56 AM
I'm not sure where or if they'd fit but both Ben Barnes and Luke Evans have musical backgrounds, Evans is particularly good.
 Aug 25 2011, 01:36:29 PM
Why wouldn't Geoffrey Rush do it? It's a great role, he looks fantastic as a grubby old man (see Pirates) and it's with a director he obviously has a very good, successful relationship with. Providing his schedule allows I can't see why he wouldn't do it. I think Helena would do dark and threatening really well actually and I have no doubt she could do the bawdy bit, she's not exactly the quiet little mouse in some other roles.
 Aug 25 2011, 12:35:41 PM
I love the idea of Jackman and Crowe (his album he's got out is really quite good), Rush and Bonham Carter. The idea of Hayden Panetierre being mentioned fills me with horror, I'd much rather have Lea Michelle in the cast. Amy Adams or Rebecca Hall would be great, I'm surprised no one has thrown Kate Winslet's or Amanda Seyfried's name about for a role in this. I can't imagine that if they go for Emma Watson in a role, they'd cast Daniel Radcliffe or vice versa, I think it's too soon isn't it? T
Confirmed: GHOST THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway April 2012
 Aug 22 2011, 12:43:36 PM
I thought the show was very cleverly executed but the score was really something of nothing. It left me a bit cold, I was never really sold on the casting either, I mean they're both capable but something didn't click for me. I wonder whether either of them will be transfering with the show? Presumably Caissie would but I wonder if they would want someone more Stateside known to play Sam, it does sort of have Aaron Tveit written all over it.
Revivals that will be hard to beat
 Aug 21 2011, 01:58:28 PM
I have to agree with everyone about the LCT South Pacific and this might be an unpopular one but I loved Trevor Nunn's NT production of Oklahoma.
Death Takes a Holiday
 Jun 25 2011, 07:23:18 PM
This sounds like such a promising show on paper. It's certainly a plot that should work really well in a musical theatre environment. With regards to Julian Ovenden. I personally adore his voice but I think he is what would be best described as an 'old fashioned' musical theatre star. Does that make sense? ie. He seems to fit something like a Rodgers & Hammerstein rather than something like a Tom Kitt or Shaiman/Wittman score.
Aaron Tveit..snubbed..again!
 May 4 2011, 06:30:03 AM
I enjoyed the show and I enjoyed his performance. Whether he deserved a nomination or not I don't know, of the nominated performers I only saw Norbet and Joshua Henry, who absolutely deserve their spots. I think there was a certain amount of expectation heaped on him for this role and for the awards season. It's more a matter of when than if and it'll happen eventually, he's a talented guy. As much as everyone likes the validation and recognition for their work, awards aren't the be all and end
Wonderland reviews?
 Apr 18 2011, 09:56:14 AM
I haven't had a chance to read all the reviews yet but we're talking worse reviews that CMIYC right? Personally when I saw Wonderland I bored out of my mind, flashy trash, if you ask me.
Jackson to Play THE MOUNTAINTOP Without Berry; Previews Begin Sept. 22 at Bernard Jacobs Theater
 Apr 15 2011, 06:30:38 PM
Saw this in London with David Harewood and it was wonderful but I think Sam Jackson will be fab. I'd watch the guy read the phonebook! Not really sorry Halle Berry is no longer attached.
HAIR is Coming Back to Broadway; Tour to Play St. James July 5 - September 10
 Apr 13 2011, 11:03:19 AM
Well I did not see that coming! Very clever though.
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN Reviews
 Apr 11 2011, 05:05:03 AM
Not really surprised by the reviews, I think most of us knew it was coming, but personally I really loved the show and it was one of the better musicals I've seen in a long time. I have a horrid feeling this will become a Tonys also ran now, a respectable amount of nominations but wins look elusive outside of Norbet. I'm of the opinion they should keep Norbet featured and Aaron (who I loved) as lead though. I just hope they get out there with some publicity to keep bums on seats now, it would be
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You