News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dantes

Member Name: Dantes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AMERICAN IDIOT narrative (spoilers and long)
 Mar 27 2010, 11:23:11 AM
I didnt find it funny at all, i found it in keeping in tone with the show, it was fun, it played well with the scene and the mixture of happy fantasy with the tragedy of what happens to the other soldiers was perfect
Anyone going to the first preview of AMERICAN IDIOT tonight?
 Mar 27 2010, 09:00:53 AM
"i saw the show last night!! lets start with the negatives the storyline is very thin and there are songs that just dont make sense or move the story on. at one stage they had a girl looking like aladdin come down on ropes?? made no sense, maybe i missed somethin"

OK ive ehard a lot of people say this bit does not makes sense and i just wanted to say.....HOW ARE YOU MISSING THE POINT?

Its pretty easy really
*spoilers*
After been injured in the war the charachter is in h

LOVE NEVER DIES Changes Likely Before Broadway Run
 Mar 24 2010, 10:26:18 PM
i got a job in a bar today because as a brit i love drink that much, i dont wanna make tips, just buy me a vodka damnit
American Idiot invited dress thoughts
 Mar 24 2010, 04:55:57 PM
Coming to mine for dinner is a little different since i dont have a website devoted to my dinner parties lol

This is entertainment, an audience were in, an audience will talk, we as writers, directors, actors need honest feedback, the best place to get honest feedback is from places like this...good or bad

Once an audience is in its out of your hands.

Oh and PS, I can't cook for s**t but my couch is awesome lol

American Idiot invited dress thoughts
 Mar 24 2010, 04:40:36 PM
Oh for crying out loud ive worked in the West End for years (on stage) and now run my own theatre production company and ive never myself or come accross anyone in the shows who gives a damn about people talking about invited dress and tech runs.

The simple fact is that if you put anyone in the theatre to watch the show wether its a rehearsal or preview you are inviting them to see it, so inviting them to talk about. It can't be had both ways, you can't have an audience and then demand

BWW TV: AMERICAN IDIOT's Live Soundcheck for Fans!
 Mar 23 2010, 10:40:53 PM
lull89 trust me its not
BWW TV: AMERICAN IDIOT's Live Soundcheck for Fans!
 Mar 23 2010, 06:27:16 PM
I was going to say i thought some of it ahd changed, some of the choreography is differenta s well as whos singing what at the start.

I actually thought the visuals and music in the show got better as it went on

for sure TONY winners of 2010!
 Mar 21 2010, 08:53:53 PM
*KristIn ChenowEth*

Blaxx adding his usual imput to the board

American Idiot appropriate for a 13-year old?
 Mar 18 2010, 11:28:39 AM
Ive only seen a naughty DVD of it from its out of town try out.
It dont have any nudity but does have a lot of swearing and refrences to drugs, as well as showing some drug taking during a scene

rOcKS @ 'The Addams Family'
 Mar 17 2010, 02:03:46 PM
I have to say out if everyone on here i have to say i love when Rocks does his reviews, there brilliant.

Its sad to hear this show is such a mess. I got a naughty copy on DVD from its out of town try out ans was left unimpressed, i was really hoping they could sort it out.

What shows had the most costumes for you?
 Mar 16 2010, 09:05:15 AM
I think i had quite a lot in a UK tour i did of a musical called Mary.
We also had quite a few in Fame including one insane quick one (it only took me about 8 months to get it done in time lol)

Spider-Man back on? Again....
 Mar 14 2010, 05:40:00 PM
This show has been back on for the past few months. It only ran in to trouble once when funding fell out. They got that sorted quick and it was back on. I dont get why people keep thinking this show is off etc
The Addams Family 1st Preview...
 Mar 10 2010, 09:19:30 AM
Oh ignore Namo, he lives for bitching on here, he countsdown the seconds until he can log back on and feel alive. It's a tad sad really.
Wildhorn's Bonnie and Clyde declares they're 'Broadway bound'...
 Mar 9 2010, 07:01:54 AM
Didn't the critics kick the crap out of this show?
Did Love Die?
 Feb 24 2010, 09:22:53 AM
"For me, who is an ALW fan, saw Phantom I think 3 times - I kind of doubt that all of these talented, creative veterans would have concoted the "train wreck" that some are speculating/hoping/reporting is playing. The three pieces of music I've heard from it are enjoyable to me, and what I'd expect from ALW. I have avoided reading all the plot descriptions because I'd rather go in with some element of surprise when I do see it. "

OK i know you are an ALW fan but you are making yourself s

ASPECTS OF LOVE Returning to Broadway!
 Feb 22 2010, 08:42:50 PM
Watched the recent UK tour 4 nights in a row because i was working at the theatre it was playing and i have to say i wanted to shoot myself.

David Essexwas in the show which led it to having high slaes but out of all the shows i sat through at that venue that one had the biggest amount of interval walk outs. People seemed bored out of their minds.

Carrie updates???
 Feb 22 2010, 08:15:58 PM
romgitsean

I think the song that replaced Im Not Alone was weak, your probably right that the original song was better but i can't listen to it without thinking of dancing shoes and a prom dress haha

I have to disagree 100 percent thats it would not find an audience.
People said the same about shows like Next To Normal, Sweeney Tood etc, the public constantly suprise when it comes to what shows they will book for (Same with in The Heights.....a rap musical...on Broadway)
Carrie updates???
 Feb 20 2010, 12:10:59 PM
I agree, i think the bottom has fallen out of this but maybe we will see another workshop or try out in the future.
Carrie updates???
 Feb 20 2010, 08:37:28 AM
I think the version they have now was far better and couild have moved forward on that version (revisions still need making)

Putting Im Not Alone back in is silly. The show screamed of disney when that song came on, i cringed at that as much as i did the choreography of Out For Blood.

The World According to Chris needs to be replaced (they should just rewrite Don't Waste The Moon).

I love how they bookend the show, In sounds great, Carrie and the mother scenes are wond

Carrie updates???
 Feb 19 2010, 06:48:32 PM
The 'IN' harmonies are incredible, i love when the song kicks back in as they go in to the shower as well.

I also love A night We'll Never Forget

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You