News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FanofGreen

Member Name: FanofGreen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE CHER SHOW Reviews
 Dec 9 2018, 11:24:02 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "I’ve yet to see this and it likely won’t make the cut during my quick January 4-7 trip (I only have 1 slot left to fill and there are currently 5 shows vying for it).

Hope The Bands Visit is on your list.  Katrina Lenk is just. so. great.  

As for The Cher Show:  saw it opening night - so, admittedly, the energy was high.  As already stated, very different from Chicago, but I still h

THE CHER SHOW Previews
 Nov 3 2018, 09:57:55 AM

What is the running time?

THE CHER SHOW Previews
 Nov 1 2018, 11:43:06 AM

Very anxious to hear your report, BrodyFosse.  I'll be there opening night, as well.  Can't wait to see the changes from the Chicago run!

The Cher Show
 Oct 20 2018, 01:15:57 AM

I believe previews start November 1st.

The Cher Show
 Sep 26 2018, 05:16:59 PM

I suppose it depends upon when during the Chicago run your agent friend saw the show?  Just by reading the board, it seems many changes were made.  Like ghost, I agree it still needed work, but I found it to be quite enjoyable!  I was discussing with a friend just this week and noted that I actually liked it better the second time I saw it. (There was only a 2-day gap between my shows, btw.)  I think perhaps that was because there is so m

The Cher Show
 Jul 10 2018, 12:01:51 PM

schmoe said: "Lastly, it did not seem to ring true when the last guy leaves and she complains to someone about "Why does everyone leave?" They make it clear that she left the first two."

LOL - my first thought, too.  I suppose her father left, as did (You Better Sit Down Kids) John? - Sorry, can't recall the character's name and don't have my Playbill handy...  And, she doesn't specify why does everybody always leave her, she j

The Cher Show
 Jul 9 2018, 04:54:03 PM

Have to chime in.  Saw the show twice.  Enjoyed it both times, more the second time around than the first.  There is a LOT going on on stage, so the second viewing allowed me to focus on what I missed first time around.  I agree that there is still work to be done.  Some of the scenes simply had no spark.  I have to blame that on the writing or directing.  There is a huge amount of talent in this show - every, single one of the actors/ensemble members d

The Cher Show
 Jul 5 2018, 02:48:18 PM
No apology would be accepted. Wow. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It’s much appreciated.
The Cher Show
 Jul 1 2018, 11:01:39 AM
https://www.facebook.com/seanlewiswgn/videos/2179634442051894/
The Cher Show
 Jun 30 2018, 05:46:33 PM

Elegance101 said: 
“You could audibly hear the difference between the applause for Stephanie and the other Chers. I love it! So excited for her."

I did note that.  She’s definitely due!

The Cher Show
 Jun 30 2018, 12:52:37 PM
Just watched the WGN curtain call video. As someone who watched the Sonny & Cher show as a young adult, Teal does have Cher’s moves down to a T. I don’t get all the love for Michaela. Her voice is way too high and nasally, IMO. She looks the least like Cher, also imo. Really can’t wait to see show live...
The Cher Show
 Jun 29 2018, 12:52:33 PM

My point exactly.

The Cher Show
 Jun 29 2018, 12:30:07 PM

I agree, Revolutionary Costume.  Most of the negative comments I have read are about her "look."  Well, that's the fault of hair and make-up, not Ms. Wicks.  Most accounts say she sounds fabulous.  Caveat:  I have not seen the show yet.  I'll get back to y'all a week from today.  Honestly, I don't tend to get distracted by whether an actors look fits the character.  I mean, Aaron Burr was never as tan as the actors who have por

The Cher Show
 Jun 15 2018, 12:17:27 PM

Have not seen the show yet.  Very excited to be doing so next month.  Enjoy reading all the comments from those who have seen it, however.  So, thank you for your posts!

Just a thought about the show content, or lack thereof.  It is called the Cher "show" - not the Cher life story.  It is centered around the production of said show, correct? I'll be fine with not delving into all the political and social drama.  Goodne

The Cher Show
 Jun 13 2018, 04:23:58 PM

I just received an email with access to purchase tix for NY - advanced access via Starwood Preferred Guest Rewards membership.  It came from Audience Rewards.  Not sure how that is linked to SPG.

New Jekyll & Hyde Concept Recording
 Jul 20 2012, 03:52:48 PM
Well, I suppose it may depend on when the recording is to take place as to whether or not Teal will be on it. According to an article in the Courant, Teal is leaving Carousel August 4th for J&H.
"Snyder says he has a kindred spirit on multiple levels with Wicks, who is leaving the show on Aug. 4 to take a leading role in the national tour of the Broadway-bound revival of "Jekyll & Hyde."

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/arts/hc-carousel-goodspeed-0722-20120720,0,585150,full.story

Best Glinda/Elphaba Pair in WICKED?
 Apr 19 2012, 04:04:48 PM
bwayguy: I have seen the same cast give great shows and so-so shows - so, just how much energy is in the theater on any given night can make a huge difference in the show one sees. I was surprised when I found out that, except for the principals, when you sign a contract for a show it's for as long as you can play it. I cannot imagine doing the same thing for hundreds and hundreds of performances. I remember a comment from a Broadway performer that said sometimes when they are singing, they
Best Glinda/Elphaba Pair in WICKED?
 Apr 18 2012, 06:52:14 PM
I don't really think it's fair to say a show has lost what made it special when you've seen it a dozen times plus. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just pointing out that of course some of the magic is gone when you know a thing inside-out. I think it's human nature to become more critical as the thrill of discovery wears off. May explain what happened in my last marriage, as a matter of fact..... hah!
SPAMALOT tour question
 Mar 30 2012, 03:30:20 PM
I'll second willep on Devlin - very good Sir Robin. I, too, had a different Lady of the Lake, but I felt the one I saw was the weakest link in the show, so the current Lady may be just terrific. I must, however, admit that I am a huge fan of Hannah, so nobody will ever compare. The tour dancing didn't companre to Broadway - but it wasn't bad! Go and enjoy the show!
Stephen Schwartz and SFGMC
 Mar 22 2012, 02:35:08 PM
Watch the video for Testimony. Stephen Schwartz wrote it for the chorus, and it’s very moving.

http://www.sfgmc.org/events/

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You