News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mw212

mw212 Profile Photo
Member Name: mw212
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is that NYT expose still coming out?
 May 20 2018, 01:25:29 AM

Delete 

Queens at LCT3
 Feb 23 2018, 01:05:39 AM

I saw it last week. It was 3 hours with 2 intermissions. (It honestly felt like a 90 minute play) queens, Is God Is and People, Places & Things are my favorite plays I've seen this season.

They're all challenging, smart plays that demand a lot of their audience. You have to be alert. You have to keep multiple plots, characters and themes in your head, but they're all incredibly rewarding.

If you like plays, queens is going to blow your mind.

So...is Broadway not dimming its lights for Jan Maxwell?
 Feb 14 2018, 01:25:58 AM

If we don't dim the lights for Jan Maxwell's kind of career, I think we lose something. Not just as theatre goers, but as New Yorkers. It's lovely the big names that come to Broadway, but Jan Maxwell was a jobbing actor. She worked on Broadway and Off. She got Tony nominations, and she took jobs with smaller theatre companies. I will never forget her and Rosemary Harris doing that scene in The Royal Family (if you saw it, you know exactly what I mean) the scene where they describe

Enjoyed FARINELLI -- Now I'm Sickened
 Dec 11 2017, 10:54:36 PM

mamaleh said: "After telling a friend that I enjoyed FARINELLI AND THE KING, especially Mark Rylance's performance, she was surprised I had supported the play. I was shocked when she explained.Did everyone else know what I didn't? That Rylance, along with Roger Waters, Caryl Churchill and other biased Brits,is one of the most virulent boycotters of Israel? I knew aboutWaters and Churchill, but not about Rylance, who I just learnedprotested the Globe Theater's inviting the

FARINELLI AND THE KING Previews
 Dec 9 2017, 01:27:30 PM

This thread is cracking me up. So many seat questions.

Anyway, saw this a few days ago, so thought I'd post a review. It was a hit and miss night for me. Rylance and the cast are exceptional. The singing is superb. It's hard to be back in the Belasco with a company from The Globe and not think of their perfect productions of Twelfth Night and Richard III. It would be difficult for any play to live up to those memories and unfortunately, Farinelli and The King does not. The tone

re: Anyone going to the first preview of A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC tonight?
 Nov 24 2009, 11:48:08 PM
It being the first performance things are going well at the Walter Kerr. Trevor Nunn sat in front of me and he spent most of the evening with his assistant director writing notes furiously. It does need some work. Angela Lansbury forgot the first few lines of "Glamourous Life" and decided to just make up words and then kept on singing without a hitch. She proves yet again that she's the great stage actress of her time. Alexander Hanson is by far the best, but of course he's had the most time wit
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You