News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shakeshafte

Member Name: Shakeshafte
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun Home tour casting ?  Aug 17 2016, 01:46:23 PM

Last saw Robert Petkoff as Sweeney Todd at Denver in April - he was incredible. Looking forward to seeing him do Fun Home!

Critics Pick: Ben Brantley's Review of 39 Steps  Apr 14 2015, 10:02:33 AM

Glad to see that he enjoyed it; I thought this was great fun...

"Silliness, it would appear, has been gravely undervalued as a survival strategy. How else to explain the unquenchable life — or rather lives, for there have been many — of Richard Hannay, the charmingly fatuous fop who keeps defying death all over the world and has now returned to fight bad guys with bad accents in New York at the Union Square Theater?"

New York Times Review of 39 Steps

New York Times Review of "The Man of The Hour"  Mar 10 2015, 03:22:02 PM
Glad to see that this got a NYT critics pick - thought it was a great show.
Robert Petkoff as Hubert Humphrey in ALL THE WAY  Dec 15 2013, 01:21:50 AM
Have been following this show - didn't get a chance to see it in Boston: looking forward to seeing it at the Neil Simon!
A Gentleman's Guide To Love And Murder Cast Recording?  Dec 15 2013, 01:19:55 AM
Looking forward to getting the CD ~ Thanks for the heads up on this!

Gentleman's Guide... Musical to open at Walter Kerr this fall  May 16 2013, 06:43:01 PM
Jefferson Mays was incredible at the Old Globe,I predict a Tony nomination for him! And Ken Barnett was very good, even if the role has been pared down quite a bit. Can't wait to see this again - this time on Bway!~
Breakfast At Tiffany's Previews  Mar 5 2013, 07:34:18 PM
I was very interested in seeing this, but given some of the comments here on the script/gratuitous nudity ~ I will probably go see something else instead. I just feel bad for the actors appearing in this.
Confirmed! Julia Roberts & Mark Ruffalo to Star in THE NORMAL HEART for HBO; Directed by Ryan Murphy for 2014  Jan 7 2013, 05:21:34 PM
There are so many other actresses that would be a better fit than Julia Roberts for this. So many. Ugh.
Christiane Noll in 'Chaplin'  Jan 7 2013, 05:19:05 PM
I know I've been disappointed when I've gone to see others in Bway shows and they're out (and I get really annoyed when I learn later on that their schedule was published/broadcast that they wouldn't perform that night which I might have known if I had done research before hand). Having said that, I've seen some great understudies go on in place of the actors I went to see. I don't think Christiane Noll is any different than other Bway performers in demand: she's busy! The one performer I still
Complete Matilda Cast Announced  Dec 21 2012, 01:08:31 AM
I just wonder why they waited so long to announce the supporting cast?
CAMELOT - with Robert Petkoff/Margaret Loesser/Sean MacLaughlin  Dec 21 2012, 01:01:33 AM
Would love to hear these voice sing the score! Anybody in Houston January-February going to see this? Did anyone see Sheldon in Priscilla Queen of the Desert? (Sir Pellinore)
Best of Enemies?  Dec 8 2012, 01:14:33 AM
Has anyone seen this? Love Aisha Hinds, would love to see her in this...
re: Best Chemistry Onstage  Jul 16 2012, 03:30:03 PM
Wonkit: I felt the same away about Petkoff and Noll in the RAGTIME revival - their chemistry in "Our Children" was remarkable.

Also loved Burnstein and Sutton in DROWSY CHAPERONE - and Idina and Cheno in WICKED.

Can't believe Leap of Faith nominated, but Raul Esparza not  May 1 2012, 12:37:49 PM
After seeing Raul in this show, I can believe that he was not nominated for a Tony. I'm just surprised that this show was nominated for best musical. That I find hard to believe.
I Really Hope Danny Burstein Wins Best Actor!  May 1 2012, 12:34:47 PM
I have to say - Danny's turn as Buddy in Follies was the best performance I saw last year. And I'm rooting for him to win the Tony!
Has anyone seen Robert Petkoff in Anything Goes?  Mar 25 2012, 02:00:02 PM
Did not recognize this actor as Tateh in Ragtime! He looks like one of those 1940's movie stars in this one. Adam seemed "quirky" as Lord Eveylin - Robert seems more romantic.
The Best Man  Mar 25 2012, 01:53:10 PM
Thanks for the update on this show - I'm going to try and go see it next week....
Stephanie J. Block has the pipes for the show...  Feb 23 2012, 08:28:50 PM
I saw the show in January - loved the dancing. But after seeing Stephanie in WICKED, I think her voice is a great fit for the music in ANYTHING GOES. I'll go back to see her in it....
Robert Petkoff Boards Broadway's Anything Goes Jan. 13;  Jan 13 2012, 02:51:06 PM
Robert Petkoff, who recently appeared as Buddy in Chicago Shakespeare's FOLLIES, and also appeared in Broadway's RAGTIME and FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, slips into the tweed of British Lord Evelyn Oakleigh, a love interest for Sutton Foster's brassy Reno Sweeney, in Broadway's ANYTHING GOES starting Jan. 13. He succeeds original star Adam Godley, who was Tony Award-nominated for his work in the shipboard musical comedy
Playwrights Horizon reading of "Sense & Sensibility" WIth Noll, Burkhardt, Petkoff, Arcelus, and James  Jun 24 2011, 01:34:22 PM
Ragtime Tony nominee Marcia Milgrom Dodge directed an invitation-only reading of a new musical based on Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility June 23 at Playwrights Horizons.

The reading featured the talents of Tony nominee Christiane Noll (Ragtime) and Brandi Burkhardt (Tale of Two Cities) as the Dashwood sisters, Elinor and Marianne; Robert Petkoff (Ragtime, Spamalot) as Colonel Brandon; Sebastian Arcelus (Elf, Jersey Boys) as Edward Ferrars; and Jeremiah James (Teatro) as John Willoughby

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You