News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CrazierThanYou

CrazierThanYou Profile Photo
Member Name: CrazierThanYou
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aladdin Toronto previews  Nov 14 2013, 08:32:45 AM
Well I'm hating the Genie's pants... but like the set for the most part. Except for too much gold spray paint.
Shrek the Musical DVD coming out after all?  Jul 19 2013, 02:51:25 PM
Odd that they're releasing what I assume will be the Broadway version of the show. Considering that the tour and the MTI version have undergone some heavy changes. New opening, new dragon song, etc... But I guess it will bring in some $$$ for them?
Cinderella changes  Feb 7 2013, 02:26:35 PM
Don't know if this pic has been posted yet...

[IMG]

Book of Mormon - Chicago Reviews  Dec 14 2012, 11:32:44 PM
Haven't seen BOM in Chicago yet, but having seen several other shows in the theatre, I'd have to agree and say the sight lines are AWFUL!

I've never been in the balcony, but if you're near the middle or back of the main floor, the balcony overhang cuts the stage height in half.

Luckily I don't believe BOM utilizes a lot of scenes with high platforms. (Jersey Boys on the other hand.....)

Sister Act Tour  Nov 22 2012, 05:52:50 PM
Saw the show in Chicago and absolutely LOVED it! I hadn't seen the show before and wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not a huge fan of the Auditorium Theatre when it comes to Broadway In Chicago shows, but the sounds was excellent and the audience very responsive.

The sets were fairly simple. It seemed that they had a rectangular center unit that changed over from the nightclub, to the police station, bar, etc... and the rest was all painted drops and show portals.

Legally Blonde The Musical London looks set to be a big camp hit  Jan 15 2010, 10:35:06 AM
Pro shot vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0bXW_NlWck

interesting how they sorta combined the broadway sets with the tours simplicity.

Musicals for high school production (large cast)  Jan 12 2010, 12:54:01 AM
Once Upon a Mattress is usually a very popular choice. Very flexible cast, lots of female roles and an easy show to learn. :)

Addams Family Review 1/05/10 -Slight Spoilers-  Jan 7 2010, 12:09:23 AM

Show Curtains  Jan 1 2010, 02:15:37 PM
The Addams Family curtain (looks simple, but is actually quite complex!)

re: Addams Family Songs on Youtube  Dec 30 2009, 04:14:25 PM
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Kelseys-Broadway-Videos/152192576308?ref=ts

click on videos

re: Legally Blonde London- song key changes?  Dec 30 2009, 02:54:39 PM
I'm not trying to bash the London cast at all. I heard the audiences love it which is great! I just was slightly confused because almost all the songs sounded lower. Even Legally Blonde remix.
re: In the Heights Tour Review--Chicago 12/28  Dec 30 2009, 01:58:48 PM
Did anyone get the student rush tickets? If so how were they?
Legally Blonde London- song key changes?  Dec 30 2009, 01:35:24 AM
So I was putzin around on *thatsite* and listened to a few songs here and there. I also talked to someone who saw the show and we both had the same question....

Did they lower the key of the majority of the songs in LB in london to suit the mediocre voices of some of the cast. It sure sounds like it!

Just wondering....

re: ADDAMS FAMILY orchestra?  Dec 16 2009, 08:38:04 PM
The orchestra is fab! Great full sound. It's so nice to finally hear a big band sound again.
re: The ADDAMS FAMILY marquee is up!  Dec 11 2009, 09:51:54 PM
Pgenre, can you honestly shut the hell up and get a ****ing life?

You seriously need to find better things to do than trash this show. You don't have to be so ****ing rude about everything. I usually am not this bitchy, but I have had enough.

I saw the Addams Family and enjoyed it despite its flaws. There is a difference between criticism and just plain bashing. If you hate the show so much (even though you haven't seen it) then GO READ OTHER THREADS FOR GODS SAKE!

T

re: Legally Blonde: National Tour  Nov 29 2009, 04:07:53 AM
I think the reason for the "useless scene between Callaghan and the interns" was to add more time for the courtroom scene change going on behind them. Since all the set pieces are moved on via cast members.
re: Review of  Nov 29 2009, 03:39:01 AM
Maybe he was home for Thanksgiving....
re: Chicagoians...who is seeing the first preview of ADDAMS FAMILY tonight?  Nov 28 2009, 01:51:58 PM
It sounds like a mistake to me. And I totally forgot about the tassel bit! How clever!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You