News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Goldenboy2

Member Name: Goldenboy2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bullets, If/Then, Rocky in trouble  Jun 4 2014, 09:52:46 PM
Hahaaaaaaa! I didn't know there was a golden boy. Glad to meet ya!
Bullets, If/Then, Rocky in trouble  Jun 4 2014, 09:26:23 PM
Oh God. Stop being overly sensitive. I asked a question and got intelligent answers. Get over it.
Bullets, If/Then, Rocky in trouble  Jun 4 2014, 04:31:56 PM
Wrong. I'm not starting a rumor which is why I asked if there were any facts to support or debunk these rumors. In any case thank you for those who educated me on the slowness of the season. Wishing nothing but those three shows long life.

Bullets, If/Then, Rocky in trouble  Jun 4 2014, 03:27:05 PM
I don't like to kick around rumors cause that's not the cool thing to do. However I hear that these shows are having trouble filling the seats and my be in trouble. Any thoughts or facts that support or debunk these rumors?
BEST MUSICAL RACE 2014  Mar 30 2014, 11:19:07 PM
Beautiful
Bridges
Gentlemans
Rocky
Bullets

If/then Reviews  Mar 30 2014, 11:16:28 PM
Nobody knows. Who cares at this point. Wait till Apr 29. Wish all the shows the best.
If/then Reviews  Mar 30 2014, 09:59:41 PM
I'm really shocked that this musical is taking this kind of a beating. The Best Musical category just got a lot simpler.
Broadway Demographics  Mar 15 2014, 09:31:07 PM
I have the utmost respect for Brantley. But his opinions and critiques are full of so much sarcasm that he actually makes people want to go see the shows. It actually is starting to do the opposite of what people think. Rather than hurt a show it helps it. And I think that a lot of times he's right...to a degree. But the days of killing a show because of a critic are over. Again just my opinion. People buy and see what they want. Word of mouth is the greatest and most effective tool with these s
BEST MUSICAL RACE 2014  Mar 11 2014, 08:55:25 PM
There's a whole lot of people on these boards that have been going to see this years musicals. Can any of you provide your opinion on what musicals are leading the race for this seasons awards. Again, knowing this is all speculation but are there any educated non bias opinions?
Rocky Previews  Feb 16 2014, 12:44:56 AM
Girl it ain't never that serious. Shame on Ahrens and F? What music do you write or have you written? The show is loved by the masses thus far and was not by any means lazy. Girl bye.
Rocky Previews  Feb 15 2014, 06:07:07 PM
Whether people on here like it or not, the show is a big fat hit. We live in a technological age where the average mind needs to be stimulated for a certain amount of time in order to hold peoples attention. Timbers and the team have done that and I totally get it not living up to some peoples expectations with the score. But the score is not terrible nor cringeworthy. If you love Ahrens and Flahtery you will love Rocky. The book is solid. SOLID. It's the movie for crying out loud. Rocky is not
First Preview of ROCKY THE MUSICAL TONIGHT (SPOILERS)  Feb 14 2014, 09:10:56 AM
Your review is totally wrong and obviously you're a hater. The preview last night was unreal and I'm so glad I got to see it. People run and don't walk to see this show. So moving and the music and performances were a knockout! ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY!
ROCKY Broadway hit of the 2014 Season  Jan 19 2014, 08:25:27 AM
I have to agree with you. But whether the movie was a sports film or not is irrelevant to a degree. I mean the whole point of doing a musical based on a movie is the beauty of choosing what to focus on. The Broadway musical, all the interviews I've seen on youtube, they say they chose to focus on the LOVE STORY for Broadway. The fight stuff is like icing on a cake.
Any early Tony Predictions?  Jan 13 2014, 11:03:06 AM
Very well said. Again, this is an opinion board. I respect yours and still say it's a fact. Go rocky!
Any early Tony Predictions?  Jan 12 2014, 01:05:37 PM
I know right?! That's the fun of it! I'm not tying to be a butthole I'm just having fun.
Any early Tony Predictions?  Jan 12 2014, 11:03:03 AM
Why does someone have to work for the show just because they are hearing good things? This is a thread full of opinions so I'm giving mine based on word of mouth. You are entitled to your opinion. But fact is Rocky is going to be a winner.
Who are Broadway's most notorious sell-outs?  Jan 12 2014, 10:33:37 AM
Agreed. Broadway is a business and when products make money, actors are employed and people are happy. But for the record Rocky will be beloved.
ROCKY Broadway hit of the 2014 Season  Jan 12 2014, 10:28:57 AM
This is the buzz that I hear is building around the community.
Any early Tony Predictions?  Jan 12 2014, 10:24:07 AM
What's fantastic about this thread is that mostly everyone has counted Rocky out. It's the love story of the underdog and the underdog will probably end up sweeping the Tonys because no one expects it. Everyone in the world of theater says that there is nothing like Rocky because of the book and the spectacle.I mean look at that creative team and that cast! I think there are some great mentions on here but leaving Rocky out is quite possibly the thing that will work to it's favor on Tony night.
Diane Paulus-Helmed PIPPIN Plays A.R.T. in December; Is Broadway Next?  Mar 10 2012, 12:45:10 PM
I disagree with you! That leading player role was originated by Ben Verene who in my opinion brought so much life to it. I think having a female would be awesome but I don't know. I think someone like Wallace Smith who is in playing judas in godspell should definitely be in the running for that role! Gavin would definitely be an amazing Pippin.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You