News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tony2600

Member Name: Tony2600
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hopes for Spielberg West Side Story  Dec 14 2019, 08:30:52 PM

I hate how slick and "Hollywood" he made Schindler's List.

Kiss Of The Spider Woman 25th Anniversary  May 3 2018, 09:08:20 PM

CATHERINE ZETA-JONES

NYCC Grand Hotel  Mar 22 2018, 05:50:44 PM

Ben Brantley New York Times review

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/theater/grand-hotel-review-encores.html

NYCC Grand Hotel  Mar 22 2018, 02:01:14 PM

Dvorovenko has great stage presence and IMHO sings and acts the part better than Montevecci did. As for Josh Rhodes’ rookie shot at directing and choreographing I would say this is a pretty auspicious debut. 

NYCC Grand Hotel  Mar 22 2018, 09:25:50 AM

If Encores ever gets around to doing "Silk Stockings” Irina Dvorovenko would be a natural.

NYCC Grand Hotel  Mar 21 2018, 02:37:44 PM

From what I witnessed last night, this one is fully ready, gift wrapped and waiting for the Roundabout to pick it up.

NYCC Grand Hotel  Mar 21 2018, 02:36:55 PM

FOLLIES- National Theatre Live  Nov 16 2017, 08:04:17 PM

Thought it was a lovely production with the exception of Imelda Staunton. She seemed overly caffeinated and quite delusional from the moment she walked on stage. She’s probably the least sympathetic Sally I’ve ever seen. The rest of the cast was spot on.

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Oct 5 2017, 10:49:29 PM

It appears that Sher saw something very special in Ambrose years ago when he cast her as Fanny Brice in an aborted revival of Funny Girl.

War Paint: Patty vs Christine  Apr 6 2017, 02:59:36 PM

A better question would be which of these two singing divas wins the Ken Watanabe elocution award?

1776 Previews Tonight  Mar 30 2016, 04:15:32 PM

I too was there last night and have to admit that my heart sank a bit as the curtain rose and I saw the cast in mufti. My disappointed lasted about 2 minutes and by the time the curtain fell I would say that this was one of the more thrilling Encores that I’ve attended. Wish this production were on Broadway playing alternate nights with Hamilton.

Encores Cast -- Do I Hear a Waltz?  Mar 21 2016, 06:24:51 PM

I agree that Victoria Clark and Paolo Szot would be perfect. I’d also think Nathan Gunn might be interesting as well as Jason Daniely who’s is probably too young but could sing the sh-t out of that score. 

Gypsy Live at the Savoy  Dec 29 2015, 09:21:41 AM

PalJoey said: " 

If each successive Rose gets exponentially more psychotic, where will it all end?"

I suppose we can expect the next Madame Rose to give up the chow mein for liver with fave beans.

Gypsy injury  Dec 28 2015, 05:57:57 PM

Really didn’t care for Staunton’s overly caffeinated psycho version of mama Rose. It’s like someone told her she had the lead in “Whatever Happened to Baby June”.

Roles they were born to play...but haven't!  Dec 14 2015, 12:13:13 PM

Mandy Patinkin - Tevye

Hamilton Previews  Aug 6 2015, 03:14:03 PM

Didn't see it last week. My bad.

Hamilton Previews  Aug 6 2015, 03:06:17 PM

Since Miranda was and still is so inspired by the Chernow book why not have it on sale in the lobby right next to the t-shirts and mugs. That would be pretty classy don’t you think?

Hamilton Previews  Aug 6 2015, 02:48:56 PM

Glitter, you foolish ignorant slut, I just wanna tell you that I was in the same boat last Thursday night. I too was ready to leave at intermission but my date insisted that we stay. The second act was indeed better than the first but not by much. What you missed was seeing him die and then elevated to near sainthood. Don’t let these guys get to you. Just know that you are not alone.

Hamilton Previews  Aug 5 2015, 10:10:55 PM

Totally agree with Jayinchesea that Miranda is a one trick pony. Yes, he can rap but he’s lousy singer and he’s an even worse actor. You wouldn’t notice it that much if he weren’t surrounded by so many talented performers.
He’ not playing Hamilton. He’s playing Usnavi playing Hamilton. As for the choreography being compared to Balanchine, that’s quite a stretch. It seemed to me more akin to something choreographed by Corky St. St Clair.
And

Hamilton Previews  Jul 31 2015, 05:00:02 PM

I did indeed see the forest. I just care for the critters that inhabited it.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You