News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for A NIce Macaroon

A NIce Macaroon Profile Photo
Member Name: A NIce Macaroon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why do seemingly intelligent people...  Jan 7 2011, 07:02:55 AM
think that Trevor Nunn's take on Night Music has any redeeming qualities?

Friday matinees... discuss!  Jan 7 2011, 07:01:09 AM
Why stress about **** you have no control of?

Don't sweat the small stuff.

One of the best life lessons.

NIGHT MUSIC officially recoups.....  Jan 7 2011, 06:59:45 AM
No, they'e not going to film it. Would have been announced by now.

Love Peters and Stritch but why would I see them in Nunn's clueless revival?

COMPANY 'But who will I take care of?'  Jan 7 2011, 06:54:45 AM
If you think anything in Company is a "bit" you need to start over.
Clips from Vintage Tony Awards  Jan 7 2011, 06:53:35 AM
Oh honey, you do know that 97 percent of BroadwayWorld.com has no clue who Mary Martin is, right?

But if you want to know if the 7th swing at Wicked is or why 9 to 5: The Musical is the greatest musical of the last 20 years, this is the place for you!

I have a friend who ...  Jan 7 2011, 06:46:59 AM
Tell your friend to **** off and find more complex friends who know what atonal music really is.

"Atonal" is the most easy and ignorant complaint about Sondheim possible.

Megan Mullally turns down Sally in Nunn's FOLLIES....  Jan 7 2011, 06:43:17 AM

Oh Puh-leez, we all know Nunn wants Dakota Fanning for Sally and Abigail Breslin for Phyllis.

Just got my Scottsboro Boys CD  Sep 24 2010, 05:20:59 PM
Where'd you order it from?
Nudity in Angels in America?  Sep 22 2010, 07:07:59 PM
If someone gets sexually aroused by the nudity in Angels in America they need to seek psychiatric help.
Donmar revival of Passion  Sep 21 2010, 02:18:50 AM
Should Fosca's songs be sung with beauty (whatever that really means anyways)?
Cromer to Direct Kidman in Sweet Bird of Youth Revival  Sep 17 2010, 02:16:43 AM
Next season in the Fall. Sounds promising.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/bird_in_the_hand_WW5FC2Doqwcwc7WGw22OxL

Linda Mugleston in Sunset Boulevard in Portland  Sep 14 2010, 01:54:48 AM
Any Pacific Northwest people seeing this? I'm going in October and very excited. Post thoughts here!

Goodbye Come Fly Away  Sep 7 2010, 10:58:57 AM
I will truly miss walking by the Church of Scientology and hearing "The Girl from Ipanema" blaring down 46th St.
Woud TIME STANDS STILL be considered for a 'Play Revival' Tony next year?  Sep 7 2010, 10:54:20 AM
I'd prefer to see her slap Kyrysta Rodriguez with a wet sock in the breezeway of the Marriot Marquis.
Tom Wopat - Sondheim on Sondheim  Sep 7 2010, 10:50:19 AM
I was lucky that Wopat was out the night I saw it. Lewis Cleale was wonderful.

I find Wopat lackluster on the recording. The only low point. I skip "Finishing the Hat" every time. And his actory shtick choices are quite grating on my nerves.

POLL: Do You Care About Kritzerland's Release of Sugar?  Sep 7 2010, 10:44:06 AM
Yes, Idina Menzel played Tony Roberts, Kristin Chenoweth was Robert Morse, and Shoshanna Bean made a brilliant Cyril Ritchard.

Sondheim: the Birthday Concert --- CD plans?  Sep 7 2010, 10:42:04 AM
Nope, just a DVD/BR announcement. Though, if that embarrassment "Hallelujah Broadway" could get both, why not this?
POLL: Do You Care About Kritzerland's Release of Sugar?  Sep 7 2010, 10:38:51 AM
Have you heard the sample remastered tracks newintown? The difference is astounding.

After those 1,000 copies are gone that's it. Unless he works out a 1 disc reissue ala the Promises OBC. I'm sure the 2 disc version will sell out soon.

POLL: Do You Care About Kritzerland's Release of Sugar?  Sep 7 2010, 01:56:56 AM
Kitty's Kisses is divine, hon! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It feels like something Man in Chair from Drowsy Chaperone would bring to life in his apartment.
POLL: Do You Care About Kritzerland's Release of Sugar?  Sep 7 2010, 01:39:18 AM
I sure do. I'm thrilled.

And maybe I should just get over it, but I'm kind of annoyed that so many people don't care (or don't even know the show) and would rather discuss banal details of shows I wouldn't see if they paid me. I don't get it. I'm prepared for the backlash, but I hope some posters care that this board has deteriorated and no longer honors fascinating, quality shows/scores throughout musical theatre history.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You