News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kishane

Member Name: kishane
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dear Evan Hansen Touring - Chicago thoughts
 Feb 15 2019, 12:09:11 PM
Well, I posted because I felt I was the only one that felt that it wasn't as emotional or as good as I remember being on my second rewatch. I know others have loved the tour but the people in my section definitely had more muted reactions. My tickets in NY were standing room tickets which in the MusicBox is closer as it is a smaller theatre than the what is the Nederlander theater. Ah well, I'll just chalk it up to a difference in opinion. The tour has been a success as all tickets have pretty m
Dear Evan Hansen Touring - Chicago thoughts
 Feb 15 2019, 09:50:40 AM
So I saw the tour in Chicago last night and I have to say for some reason I am disappointed. I cried buckets of tears when I saw Ben Platt and cast in NY and this production felt flat. All the big emotional moments felt by the numbers or I just couldn't related to this Evan. Less anxious, more nervous, but great comedic timing. I also really missed Mike Faist and Will Roland's portrayal (even if the new character seems more likely to commit suicide. The new family friend character seems so anno
Tootsie - Chicago tryout
 Sep 21 2018, 09:15:20 PM
I definitely heard the balloon line as well but I didn't find it funny, it didn't come across well. I hope the diaglogue there is tweaked as it came off more about the desperation to cross dress to get a part where I found the more egregious part is where everyone held Micheal up as a role model that older woman could get romance and roles too and... Of course it's a man. I agreed about the pauses (and the door being pushed too slowly), they ran a beat too long but the audience was still laughi
Tootsie - Chicago tryout
 Sep 21 2018, 04:19:52 PM
I saw the show yesterday not knowing anything about it, and I came out of the show wanting everyone to go see it! I was a bit worried when it started because I only attended this show because I had joined the subscription this season, but I'm really glad I saw it now. For some reason the cantonese baby line cracked me up, Jeff was the best.

Pros
-Super hilarious - the best friend, the agent, and the producer were awesome. I wish they had bigger parts - the you ****ed up song was my

ANASTASIA Rush
 Jan 20 2018, 12:30:17 PM
Not sure about rush but SRO was for sale in the matinee today as TKDS? Sold out 40 minutes after it opened.
Waitress Rush Tickets
 Jan 20 2018, 12:27:41 PM
I think it had to be even earlier because I stayed in line and the two people in front of me were there around 630 and the 12 people in front of them didn't get tickets either. I gave up when i counted 12 for the sro tickets after waiting so long. I checked again around 12pm, the SRO line is still going and they haven't purchased yet.
Waitress Rush Tickets
 Jan 20 2018, 07:03:41 AM
There's probably 32 people in line in front of me on Saturday morning at 650am. Do i give up or not haha.
Waitress Rush Tickets
 Dec 31 2017, 01:19:01 PM
The reason I messed up is I'm in NY 1/19-1/21 so it had to be one of those days. It's her first few shows so they already sold out of any cheap tickets so I was hoping for rush or sro, which doesn't seem likely.
Waitress Rush Tickets
 Dec 18 2017, 06:15:53 PM

chuckydisc said: "kishane said: "I misread and thought the tickets from when Sara was on was releasing January 6 not December 6 so I messed up there. On ticketmaster it looks like most of the seats have been sold for January 20th or January 21 except for the 600 dollar seats. Will the rush still happen or will it be SRO maybe? Debating between this and Anastasia. Last time I did rush at DEH at 7am when Ben was stillthere was already like 10 people in line (I got tickets thou

Waitress Rush Tickets
 Dec 18 2017, 05:59:36 PM

I misread and thought the tickets from when Sara was on was releasing January 6 not December 6 so I messed up there. On ticketmaster it looks like most of the seats have been sold for January 20th or January 21 except for the 600 dollar seats. Will the rush still happen or will it be SRO maybe? Debating between this and Anastasia. Last time I did rush at DEH at 7am when Ben was still there was already like 10 people in line (I got tickets though).

Dear Evan Hansen Rush
 Jan 27 2017, 01:49:48 PM

Thanks for information on this thread -  I got to the SRO line around 6:45 (aimed for 7) and the next person didn't get there until 7 ish on January 20(Sat). There were about 11 people in line in front of me which made me nervous (since people said there about 16 SRO or less for each show). The line was pretty dead until 7:30 ish then starting adding 10 or more people around 8am and then there was a constant flow of people until 8:30ish where the line ended at the Imperial. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You