News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AngelBaby

AngelBaby Profile Photo
Member Name: AngelBaby
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What happened to the Julie Andrews children's variety series for Netflix
 Feb 8 2017, 06:50:41 PM

Oh my! Such wonderful news! Julie Andrews is my childhood idol as Mary Poppins is my favorite motion picture! 

She is such an inspiration to me because she persevered even after the throat surgery that robbed her of her beautiful voice by reinventing herself and she is still going strong. 

She is unstoppable! 

Superior Donuts is a TV sitcom
 Feb 4 2017, 07:22:40 PM

NewYorkTheater said: "A little Internet searching produced a dozen, most of them way in the past, including 

The Front Page

The Hot L Baltimore ("short-lived sitcom produced by Norman Lear in 1975"

You Can’t Take It With You (just 3 episodes)

Bus Stop (1961-62)

Mister Roberts

Dracula

The Front Page, You Can't Take It With You,  Bus Stop, Mister Roberts and Dracula were all films before being adapted into television shows. I wanted to know if there were other plays that were adapted into television shows without being preceded by a film adaptation. 

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
 Feb 3 2017, 04:53:57 PM

AEA AGMA SM said: "1984 has already been announced as opening at the Hudson on June 22. So there is not a lot of room for this production to extend too much further, especially once you also factor in load-in, tech, and previews for 1984

Oh, that's right. I overlooked 1984. Bummer. 

Superior Donuts is a TV sitcom
 Feb 3 2017, 04:40:03 PM

Are there any other examples of a stage play being adapted for television. 

The Odd Couple and Barefoot in the Park are two that come to mind, but they were also adapted to film before they made the jump to the small screen. I was thinking more of stage plays that made the leap directly to the small screen. 

I can't think any off the top of my head. 

SUNDAY IN THE PARK withdraws from Tony Eligibility
 Feb 3 2017, 04:34:55 PM

I am really excited for this Tony eligibility or no Tony eligibility. Is there a possibility that if it succeeds that the producers would consider extending the run and replace Jake Gyllenhaal with an actor of equal stature or is this strictly a 10 week engagement regardless of it's success. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You