News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kmac23

kmac23 Profile Photo
Member Name: kmac23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 23 2022, 12:40:12 AM

Just left the theatre and can’t shake how disappointed I feel. Such a miscast role. I really really wanted to like this. What a bummer. 

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
 Mar 25 2018, 07:31:55 AM

Saw the show Friday. It was ... okay. I honestly felt like at times I was watching a ballet that just happened to feature a musical. Too much dancing for my liking. And I love dancing. I love a good dream sequence.

also the actor who payed Jigger was not very good.

the pacing of the death scene felt SO off. Too fast. 

I’m just disappointed. I think that’s the word! I adore Joshua and Jessie and was super excited to see this — and while I think

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
 Mar 25 2018, 07:21:48 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "Where do I even begin? This is one of the finest and most wonderfully crafted productions of a revival I have ever seen. This My Fair Lady is astoundingly brilliant on every level. Everything about it from top to bottom is blissful perfection. Bartlett Sher has always been my favorite director, and today’s performance reminded me why I love his work so much.

I will admit I was skeptical about the casting of Lauren Ambrose as Eliza. However, any d

BCEFA FLEA MARKET COLLECTORS UNITE!!
 Sep 27 2017, 04:45:10 PM

100% agree with this. The younger crowds were a tad bit vicious. And the half street closures= dumb. Who thought of that idea? T'was my last flea for sure. It's just not worth it anymore.

adamgreer said: "Honestly, I wasn't particularly impressed this year and this will probably be my last flea market. Since they only use half the street now it's EXTREMELY congested. Also, the event appears to have been taken over by social media obsessed teenager

Aug 17 2017, 09:24:50 AM

HAHA yes! I keep trying to post and getting java errors - BAH!

1x "HELLO, DOLLY!" Ticket for sale (SUNDAY AUG 20)
 Aug 17 2017, 09:21:14 AM

Up for grabs:

1x tkt for HELLO, DOLLY!

SUNDAY AUGUST 20th, 2pm.

BETTE MIDLER!

Balcony. Row F. Seat 6.

Asking $120

Must meet in midtown for exchange.

Interested? Email me at k.mcarthur.k@gmail.com

Come From Away rush
 Aug 7 2017, 01:39:06 PM

Rushed Saturday Aug 5 for SRO tickets. Started the line around 11:15am (for evening SRO tickets) -- that was too early. Most people didn't arrive until 12:30-1:00pm. Tickets are distributed at 3pm. Honestly, preferred the SRO to the RUSH tickets I got last time -- Rush are far side obstructed views. If you can stand for 90mins - I would suggest opting for that option!

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Reviews
 Jul 13 2017, 10:07:05 AM

Random thought I had to share

Saw the show a few weeks ago. During the song where we meet Augustus "More of Him to Love"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZi3JEJGPNY

I was immediately reminded of a song from the  movie "Big Business" starring Bette Midler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BYzZhu11eM

anyone else?

Bandstand Rush Reports
 Jul 10 2017, 11:16:10 AM

Just checking in to see if anyone has any new rush reports for Bandstand!

Charlie Rush Tickets
 Jun 19 2017, 01:01:13 PM

Hi all - rushed Sat June 17.

Was first in line -- arrived around 7:10am or so.

Next person came closer to 7:45 am.

The link surprisingly grew fairly quickly from 8am onwards. I don't know how many rush seats they had tho.

Was offered front row obstructed view - passed on those. The stage is elevated so it would have been hard to see -plus I hate sitting that close. I always feel like it ruins the magic of broadway for me  when you're that close... and

What, No Bette?
 Jun 13 2017, 02:33:26 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Bette's performance along with the entire cast (excluding Gavin Creel) survives in an excellent video made weeks after it began its run so it CAN be seen for those who make the effort.  It's not like her performance or the revival will solely survive via its mediocre cast recording.  Geez.  

"

Not the point - but thanks for coming out!

What, No Bette?
 Jun 13 2017, 11:46:37 AM

I was just really disappointed with Mr. Rudin's decision. I didn't even need to see Bette - I would have been happy with "Elegance"

I was sad for the amazing ensemble that didn't get the chance to shine on National television.

I was sad for the millions of people around the world   (like this nerdy kid right here who grew up in the middle of nowhere and LIVED for the Tony award performances)  who will never get the chance to see this show

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 May 19 2017, 05:47:57 PM

holy cabooses! curious to know - did Bette sign it too? And who did you make the donation/check out to/mail it to!?

Hello, Dolly! 1 tkt for August (balcony) avail
 May 12 2017, 02:23:14 PM

Hi all - I have 1 ticket for Hello, Dolly! Sunday August 20th. Balcony.

Just asking regular ticket price $109+fees = $120.

I bought it back in March and can no longer attend.

PM if you're interested- I work in Midtown and can arrange a drop off!

Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler
 May 2 2017, 11:31:55 AM

Here's what Telecharge says;

*On Tuesdays** beginning June 13, 2017, the role of Dolly Levi will be played by Donna Murphy.

Donna Murphy will also perform the role of Dolly Levi on June 27 - July 2, July 5 - 9, Sunday evening - July 30, September 6 - 10, Sunday evening - October 15, Monday evening - October 30, November 1 - 5, Friday - November 24 @ 2pm,  and Sunday evening - January 7.

** Bette Midler will perform the role of Dolly Levi on Tues

Tony Snubs
 May 2 2017, 11:29:37 AM

Sometimes I have to remind myself: opinions are like a*holes...everyone has one.  RIGHT? HA!

Tony Awards Tickets
 May 2 2017, 10:44:32 AM

I was super eager to go but I was naive to think tickets would be somewhat affordable (under $300)

I will just take that $380 and spend it seeing shows instead!

Tony Snubs
 May 2 2017, 10:42:58 AM

Mary Louise Parker!!!

Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery
 May 2 2017, 10:09:39 AM

I was told that on Saturday people arrived around 3am for SRO tickets. Yikes!

WAR PAINT Reviews
 May 1 2017, 02:35:05 PM

I was so excited to see this show and left quite disappointed. I had a million questions about the characters - felt like I didn't really get a good story about WHO they actually WERE as people. Just about their careers and conflict. That really upset me. I wanted to know more about these 2 wmn. I wanted more depth.

Another complaint: I couldn't understand what the hell LuPone was singing half the time. At intermission I asked my friend and another patron sitting near by if the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You