News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBound10

Member Name: BroadwayBound10
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Script Optioning Question
 Jan 16 2019, 01:52:29 PM
That makes sense. My main concern is the time Im being asked to spend on the piece with no compensation, but youre right, the fee wouldnt be very large anyways and all it would do is prevent someone else from producing it. But I do wonder what I am gaining from continuing to meet with them?
Script Optioning Question
 Jan 16 2019, 02:22:43 AM

Can anyone provide insight or advice on this? A small theatre has expressed interest in my play and worked with me to put up some scenes from the show a few months ago. Now they are asking me to work on the show this year (with script meetings etc) for a possible run at the end of the year but they have not optioned the play. I have no manager, so I’m doing this on my own. Should I be meeting with this theatre without an option?

How does a show get to Broadway?
 Oct 22 2017, 11:30:47 PM

Thanks so much for the replies! I know I am very green right now but I'm willing to put in the work to make this happen. I just need to know what work I should be putting in. After all, I'm a writer and a creative and not vey business minded. But I'm willing to learn, no matter how long it takes. 

So, how do you find producers to invite to readings? Why would they come to a nobody's reading/workshop? I understand these are "dumb questions" but the on

How does a show get to Broadway?
 Oct 22 2017, 10:51:36 PM

Does anyone have any stories about shows that got to Broadway through unconventional means? I'm an emerging composer with no connections and I'm trying to figure out how I can get my show in front of someone who can get it on a Broadway stage. I know this is like asking how do you get a basketball through a pinhole but humor me! What stories have you all heard or what suggestions do you have for me? (Even if its harsh/honest, that's okay. I can take it.) I'm mor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You