News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Johntlew2

Johntlew2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Johntlew2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Aug 5 2017, 02:31:26 PM

PLEASE STOP THESE POSTS! Unless I can figure out how to stop getting email notifications....I've gotten around 40 just this morning....ugh!! 

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Jul 30 2017, 04:28:24 AM

I thought I saw Bette back in the 1980s....but it was 1979! Concord Pavilion.

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Jul 28 2017, 12:27:35 AM

I hear you Ripped Man. But next to Barbara Cook...Bette is my all-time heroine! This huge fan was driven solely by her star power. Now I do want to See Donna in role. I have a pretty good recording but have heard she looks fab too. I managed to send a short tweet to Ms Murphy and actually got a very short "Thank you" back.  I tweeted a complement from something I just saw her do on youtube. For Sondheim's birthday at Lincoln center in 2011. She plus a few oth

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Jul 17 2017, 06:16:20 PM

I'll keep this brief.  I finally saw Dolly on 6/22/17.  I was lucky enough to get a seat in the second row. And I had the honor of shaking her gloved hand during the bows. A dream come true!!!!

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
 Jul 4 2017, 07:32:27 AM

martysil said: "Well the arranger/orchestrator of the Grable video must have been listening to Mame when s/he wrote this!

Thanks for the video.

Great video..thanks. And nice to see number done out of context...ala "Lil Abner"

And yes, orchestration is ver MAME during dance break. I think Grabke played Mame as well.

Jul 4 2017, 07:11:42 AM

Just curious if there will ever be reviews of Donna's performance. Thrilled to hear the kudos. Flew to NY from SF and only had time to seeBette...I wasn't disappointed. But would love chance to see Donna in the role. I'm so glad they didn't get a TV or B Movie star to do it. 

Jul 4 2017, 07:03:53 AM

I bought the souvenir program...very expensive. Disappointed in quality of pics.

HELLO, DOLLY! with Donna Murphy
 Jul 1 2017, 01:59:40 PM

No..it was David Hyde Pierce's solo from top of Act II

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 19 2017, 02:06:10 AM

Great pics, Robbie2. Which performance were these taken??

Dolly Previews
 Mar 18 2017, 05:27:40 PM

My thoughts and prayers for Bette who's performing her first 2-pack today. (Matinee and Eve. Show.) Thank God they  get two days off..Phew!!! 

Hello Dolly Previews
 Mar 18 2017, 01:20:27 AM

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 17 2017, 12:24:12 PM

Kate Baldwin has played the part of Irene Malloy a couple times...at the St. Louis Muny and the Papermill Playhouse.

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 16 2017, 03:18:05 AM

Michelle, I tear up for you, too. My first show I saw was the Pearl Bailey Dolly back in the 1960s...al though by the time I saw it, Pearl's standby went on but Calloway still performed. I grew up on that recording .  What a great memory. I'm seeing Bette in June and can't wait.

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 16 2017, 03:02:37 AM

I was hoping to see some added songs or one written specially for Midler. Look forward to "Penny in My Pocket" in Act II.

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 15 2017, 11:52:35 AM

I have a ticket for Thurs.. June 22.  I know Donna Murphy is performing Tuesday nights. But haven't read anything about Bette being out an entire week at end of June. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You