News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MizMamie

MizMamie Profile Photo
Member Name: MizMamie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unsee Me
 Nov 20 2018, 02:28:04 PM

Dance of the Vampires

Jekyll and Hyde

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory

THE PROM Reviews
 Nov 17 2018, 09:53:47 PM

I was also at today's matinee and agree that Kate Marilley was fantastic as Dee Dee! The Playbill insert said she would be playing the role of Olivia Keating and as broadway4me2 said, Christopher and Brooks came out and explained that someone literally threw up a few minutes ago and asked the audience to be understanding since today's two understudies had not rehearsed their roles. So I'm guessing that Beth Leavel got sick right before the curtain and Marilley

The Prom or Mean Girls?
 Nov 9 2018, 09:21:39 AM

Another vote for The Prom. It's hilarious with a far superior cast and score than Mean Girls. 

Appreciation for Understudies Thread
 Jun 27 2017, 11:21:15 AM

Two understudy performances that I really liked were:

1. Christian Dante White (for Gavin Creel) in Hello Dolly. 

2. Stephanie Martignetti (for Siobhan Dillon) in Sunset Boulevard.

To be honest, I enjoyed White's performance more than Creel's. 

SUNSET BOULEVARD - lives on
 Jun 25 2017, 08:38:29 PM

Ah, what an incredible few hours! I'm so glad I purchased a ticket for the final performance (back in March), but I'm also sad that I won't be able to see this fantastic show any more (today was my 6th time).

As yaoqian said, the energy in the theater was incredible and, without exception, everyone's performance was the best I had seen. I thought Glenn's singing was really excellent today; her voice was strong and she didn't have a problem hitting certain notes (this wasn't the case when I saw the show back in Feb. during previews and in early March).  "With One Look" got a lot of applause and cheering (but no standing ovation that I could see from my orchestra seat). However, "As If We Never Said Goodbye" got a much deserved and sustained standing ovation. The audience would just not sit down. Glenn actually cried during this - I could see a tear fall from her cheek and she was wiping her eyes when she finally turned & walked to Nancy Anderson's character. And oh my god, her acting!!! You could feel Norma's joy, sadness, hope, madness, fear...I don't think I've ever seen an actor portray a role so powerfully and completely. She becomes Norma Desmond.

Michael Xavier and Fred Johanson were fantastic, and Siobhan Dillon was great, as was the rest of the cast. The actor who plays the owner of the men's clothing shop went all out today, ogling Joe, making various faces, gestures, etc.  

The audience was on its feet before Glenn had hit her final note, and the applause didn't end until she began her speech. Andrew Lloyd Webber came out although he didn't say anything. 

It was quite a powerful and emotional and perfect final performance!

Jun 25 2017, 06:47:43 PM

Agreed, the energy in the theater was incredible as were all of the performances! It was truly magical, unforgettable, amazing... Please enjoy this video of Glenn's speech while I collect my thoughts on the train ride home. 

https://youtu.be/lC-IxQDQNwo

Jun 24 2017, 05:11:55 PM

rayoflight104 said: "Does anyone know if for the lottery winners - does getting the 'first off' tickets handed out at the box office for the lottery represent better seats? was just curious if 1st in line may get orchestra while 10th in line might get rear mezz. Anyone know? or is that part also like the lottery - you get what is handed to you - no way to tell in advance?"

I did the lottery only once, and got there about 20 minutes before the start of th

Tickets for 1984 at Hudson Theatre
 May 10 2017, 09:51:29 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I just bought a ticket for the 5/31 evening performance, orch. row D center aisle, for the same price. 

Hello Dolly seating advice
 Apr 24 2017, 10:31:04 PM

Box seats are partial view, although the price doesn't reflect that. If you sit there, you won't be able to see 1/3 of the stage. Of the choices you list, I'd go with front mezz or rear center orch., then side front orch. 

SUNSET BOULEVARD -can we get this preserved?
 Apr 24 2017, 01:16:33 PM

Daddy Warbucks said: "I was at the show on Saturday and Glen auctioned off some shoes that she was wearing on stage. They ended up going for $6000!"

The auction that was held on her birthday raised $10,000! Long video here, if anyone is interested: https://youtu.be/fRlwfEh07Xk

At the Saturday matinee, they auctioned off her autographed "vintage GAP" Sunset Blvd. denim jacket from the original production, her fake eyelashes, and her gloves, which went for $3300.

HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews
 Apr 21 2017, 12:46:21 PM

Will3700 said: "I am sure this might have been asked already but does anyone know the length of Bette Midler's contract for Hello Dolly? I have tickets for Sep 22 that I purchased when I was in New York in Jan.  thanks"

From Telecharge: *On Tuesdays** beginning June 13, 2017, the role of Dolly Levi will be played by Donna Murphy. Donna Murphy will also perform the role of Dolly Levi on June 27 - July 2, July 5 - 9, Sunday evening - July 30, September 6

Classic Performances You HAVE seen
 Apr 21 2017, 11:47:04 AM

Original cast of Evita

Rooney & Miller, Sugar Babies

Yul Brynner, King & I (1985 revival)

Lane & Prince, Guys & Dolls

Neuwirth & Reinking, Chicago

SUNSET BOULEVARD -can we get this preserved?
 Apr 18 2017, 08:38:55 AM

hanabana said: "A new cast recording would be a dream come true.  I saw the show yesterday and was just mesmerized!  The performances were stellar, and the 41-piece orchestra was superb.  It would be a shame not to preserve the performances and orchestration for this production.  I cannot say enough good things about this show, it was simply an incomparable theater experience.  I really hope that they decide to at least do a new cast recording (or b

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
 Apr 13 2017, 09:01:01 AM

After Eight said: "I watched the grotesque squirrel number in disbelief. If they don't cut it before the opening, it will enter Broadway annals alongside the pig's blood number in Carrie for sheer mind-numbing, jaw-dropping awfulness."

This, and also Violet's offstage death, brought gasps and murmurs and finally polite applause from the audience last night. The show is a 2 1/2 hour train wreck.

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
 Apr 13 2017, 12:20:38 AM

Just returned home from tonight's show. It was absolutely atrocious. Horrible in every way. The script was mostly laughable, the new songs mostly sucked, I couldn't wait for the "kids" to be killed off, and the chocolate factory was basically 3 blue walls. Augustus Gloop reminded me of Newt Gingrich. The best thing was intermission, and if I had had an aisle seat I would have walked out (like I saw two people do). The dancing squirrels were clever, but it you want to se

Ticket Lottery winners?
 Apr 10 2017, 09:54:35 PM

" from my experience they give the Sunset lottery tickets out based on when you arrive to the box office  When I won they just gave people the top ticket (s) of a stack. 

"

Yes, I think this is correct. I won the Sunset lottery for last Wednesday's evening performance and paid 3 minutes after I received the email. I didn't get to the theater until 7:50 and so was near the end of the line to pick up

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
 Apr 9 2017, 01:20:27 PM

Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies, so I wasn't sure if a stage version would be as good as the film or if it could even be pulled off. I went to yesterday's matinee and absolutely loved it! Andy Karl is fantastic, music & lyrics are great, and the staging is amazing (from the front mezz I could really appreciate the intricate timing/choreography that has gone into moving actors and set pieces around the revolving pieces). There were so many hysterical lines and lyrics that I've decided I need to see it again.  

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Apr 8 2017, 11:08:10 PM

Dame, I believe I did sit next to your friend last night! We spoke briefly, and he told me that he had seen Carol Channing as Dolly in 1995. Cool! It sounds like he felt the same way about his seat as I did mine. Even though he missed seeing all of the show, I hope he still mostly enjoyed it. 

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Apr 8 2017, 10:10:20 PM

bdboston said: "Hey Miz Mamie-- how much did you miss in that box seat? "

Quite a bit. For example, during the Harmonia Gardens Restaurant scene I couldn't even see Vandergelder and Ernestina's private dining room (which was a real pity because Jennifer Simard is hilarious). And I also couldn't see most of the antics Cornelius and Barnaby went through trying to avoid being seen by Vandergelder in the hat shop. Lastly, I heard the cheer

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Apr 8 2017, 01:25:19 AM

Ha, yes I missed the confetti tonight as well! It was there at the Wed. matinee I attended at the end of March.

I sat in a box seat for the first time ever: D4. This is a horrible seat and should be sold as partial view. Buyer beware.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You