News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Peteo

Member Name: Peteo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PRESENT LAUGHTER Previews
 Mar 20 2017, 11:47:49 AM

Regarding discussion of the actors age playing Gary Essendine.  True enough, the character was originally conceived to be the brink of turning 40 but Clifton Webb was 49 when he played it on Broadway and Coward himself played it again when he was 60 or so.  My husband rightly pointed out that if you look at photos of Coward or Webb in the original production they don't look younger than Kevin Kline in the current revival.  I have only seen photos of Kline in the role so may

PRESENT LAUGHTER Previews
 Mar 20 2017, 10:01:56 AM

Agree with the posters here citing the 2013 Two River Theater production was the best production of "Present Laughter" I have seen and I saw Langella, Garber, and more recently Sam West and Phyllis Logan at home (UK for me)  I guess I really like this play :) but more to the point I love good Coward.

.  For those who didn't see it, David Lee (creator of the television hit "Frazier) directed with just the right balance between farce and real human beings on

Pacific Overtures
 Mar 20 2017, 09:47:47 AM

getting tickets today.  The original production was one of the most thrilling experiences I have had in the theater.  

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 20 2017, 09:46:15 AM

What Page 6 has to say about this production is hardly relevant because the advance and world of mouth are the strongest for any Broadway musical, (revival or original production)  in years.

People are excited about this production, it could get middling to poor reviews and still sell out. Page 6 isn't arts coverage it is a stupid gossip column and it should just be ignored when it gets out of its lane.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You