News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CockeyedOptimist2

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
Member Name: CockeyedOptimist2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Am I ?  Mar 28 2015, 06:24:40 PM
2-4-6-0-1
Bartlett Sher keeping  Mar 6 2015, 09:57:14 PM
I thought I was CockeyedOptimist2! Weird!

Can't wait for this revival. I have tickets for Thursday night and have been looking forward to this for ages!

THE KING & I Commercial  Feb 19 2015, 11:32:22 AM
"I would love to see it, but I'm not paying $191 to see The King and I."

Then don't purchase your tickets on Broadway.com. Tickets at $142 and lower available through Lincoln Center's actual website.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/30/14  Apr 1 2014, 09:42:34 AM
The ticket you bought for June would be part of that performance week's grosses.

The ticket would show up in the wrap for today, which is all sales made today for all current and future performances.

But the money doesn't actually get back to the production for your June ticket until that week has been played off.

Am I the only one excited about Merrily?????  Oct 21 2013, 10:23:14 PM
Just snagged a ticket for the Ziegfeld and I can't wait. I really didn't think I'd be able to get one at such a late date.
Merrily We Roll Along screening - ticket glitch?  Sep 13 2013, 11:26:24 AM
I totally get that- it would be worth mentioning that if you contact Fathom, just to give your request more validity than missing out because of your own error.
Merrily We Roll Along screening - ticket glitch?  Sep 13 2013, 11:06:04 AM
Sometimes they will open up additional theaters for screening closer to the date, so keep checking back. When Fathom screened Singin' in the Rain in theaters for an anniversary celebration, I got to it too late and tickets were sold out. I sent both Fathom and the AMC on 42nd Street requests to open up an additional theater for the screening and they ended up doing it and I was able to get a ticket. It's worth asking and checking back regularly.
The Nance To Be Recorded For Live From Lincoln Center  Aug 10 2013, 12:18:47 AM
"Now I'm all the more upset about missing the chance to record South Pacific. (Feel free anyone if you know of a site to find a download of it...) "

And I'm upset that my DVD of the broadcast got lost in my last move. I'm constantly wanting to rewatch it and am always disappointed to find it nowhere in my apartment!

Paulo Szot @54Below  Aug 8 2013, 09:42:27 AM
So thankful to you all for reminding me that this is happening. I just grabbed tickets for tonight's show and cannot wait. One of my favorite evenings was seeing Paulo Szot at Cafe Carlyle. After the show, I stuck around the bar chatting with some friends and his second show ended up being undersold, so they let us stick around and watch the second show for free. If there is anyone I could listen to sing the same set list twice in a row, it is Paulo Szot. I can't wait for tonight!
Recent Cinderella Rush?  Jul 4 2013, 08:48:14 PM
Playbill still says rush is for Mon-Thurs only. Anyone know if this still holds true? I'd like to try tomorrow, but don't want to be out of luck if they don't have rush on Fridays.
Entertainment Weekly's 50 Best Plays (and 10 Greatest Musicals) Over the Past 100 Years  Jun 27 2013, 11:08:16 PM
"Guys and Dolls is my favorite show. When done well, it can be hilarious, emotional, and so lively. Find yourselves a copy of the 90s version with Nathan Lane and Faith Prince. Perfection."

How I wish I could find myself a copy of that 90s version. That production always tops the list of shows I would kill to go back in time to see (granted, it's not that far back).

Rant about the 2013 TONY nominations here  Apr 30 2013, 08:46:32 AM
A little bummed about Jim Norton and Alan Cumming being overlooked, but overall pretty pleased with the nominations. I guess I need to see Kinky Boots now. I'm just pleased that something got more noms than Matilda.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington as a Musical.  Mar 15 2013, 10:32:06 PM
It's such a great film that I would hate to see it done poorly. I've never really envisioned it as a musical, but if I did, the only songwriting team I can imagine doing it would be Harnick and Bock.
New Trailer For BROADWAY: BEYOND THE GOLDEN AGE  Mar 2 2013, 12:39:07 AM
I finally watched "Broadway: The Golden Age" tonight and just loved it. I'm already hankering for more and can't wait to see what he has in store!
Any word on LCT's The King and I  Feb 14 2013, 05:18:34 PM
I'll stick with Kelli, please!
Cinderella changes  Feb 7 2013, 09:25:32 AM
"I could, too. In the end, whatever Douglas Carter Beane has perpetrated on this show, R & H's score for Cinderella remains heavenly, manna for theatregoers lost in a wilderness of pap and tripe like Book of Mormon and Once. And to think that some pathetic, benighted soul here has proclaimed R & H's score inferior to such things. "

I'm with you on that (mostly), After Eight. If only R&H always had at least one show running on Broadway. I finally watched the original Cinderella broadcast

Cinderella changes  Feb 6 2013, 11:46:57 PM
I was also back tonight looking for changes, but only noted the same as After Eight above. It's still too long and Act II especially feels bloated. So many of the jokes still don't work. Many of the numbers, especially the trunk numbers, are met with polite applause at best. That said, the high points are so high (for me) that I think it's worth the price of admission. I could watch "Impossible" and its transformations as well as "Ten Minutes Ago" over and over again.
Streep 'confirmed' as The Witch in WOODS film  Feb 1 2013, 02:43:15 PM
Ah, Ewan McGregor as the Baker! Great suggestion!
Streep 'confirmed' as The Witch in WOODS film  Feb 1 2013, 01:13:36 AM
"Truly, I'm more concerned with the casting of the Baker and his wife. Those two are the heart of the show and a bad choice can throw the whole show out of whack."

I'm with you, ComingUpRoses. Keep Dennis O'Hare far away from this project. And Hugh Jackman for that matter.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Feb 1 2013, 12:52:21 AM
I'm sure she's just making an educated guess. I doubt it implies any rigging.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You