News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Shannonigans

Member Name: Shannonigans
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Chicago
 Jun 2 2017, 10:56:48 PM

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to see Hamilton in Chicago in a few days. I've never even considered seeing the Broadway show because the prices are too much, but the Chicago show has a few tickets going for less (still exorbitant... but less) and I'm sorely tempted. 

Has anyone seen the current Chicago production, and would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
 Apr 9 2017, 12:18:03 AM

I just got back from seeing the show tonight - and it was incredible, Ben Platt's performance was truly outstanding - and for anyone still hesitating about buying tickets or queueing or whatever for this show, there were four completely empty seats in the row in front of me. I was in Row K so that means they were Row J of the orchestra. And they were also more centred than my tickets! (I was in the last seat of Row K, stage left)

Waitress Rush Tickets
 Apr 5 2017, 12:22:13 AM

Bump... is it still the case that there is no rush policy for Waitress? Hoping to score some tickets for the weekend and wondering how to best go about it. 

Apr 4 2017, 07:13:31 PM

Thank you SO much for alerting me to this, I immediately went and checked and managed to score a $189 Orchestra seat for 8pm this Saturday! If anybody else is looking, there were also tickets available for Friday's show and the Saturday matinee. 

I'm absolutely thrilled with my purchase, and cannot wait to see this show. Thank you all for your help! heartDear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery
 Apr 4 2017, 03:40:55 PM

Thanks for the advice LJ! I also saw this on another thread and have been constantly checking the telecharge website in addition to StubHub. The only issue is that as a tourist in NYC I wouldn't have anywhere to print a super last minute ticket buy... here's hoping I get lucky before I leave on Friday.

Apr 4 2017, 11:57:29 AM

Yes, I understand orchestra is more likely for cancellation - but I'm also keeping my eye on StubHub because I'm definitely considering just buying in advance to guarantee a spot. winkThe mezzanine tickets are the most reasonably priced on StubHub, so I was curious about the view!

Apr 3 2017, 08:23:15 PM

Bear - I did some digging into the lottery as well, seeing as I'm still trying to figure out the most realistic course of action despite leaving for NYC on Friday (eek!). It appears to be digital lottery only and you enter here: http://www.dearevanhansenlottery.com/ 

I also wanted to ask, would a centre mezz seat be a good option for DEH, even if it was towards the back of the section? 

Mar 31 2017, 10:41:55 PM

Thanks all! These stories are making the cancellation line sound better and better...

I will be in NYC both Saturday and Sunday so that gives me two opportunities for matinee. Would one be better than the other?

Also regarding the actual queueing... if the matinees are at 2pm and 3pm, does that mean arriving around 10am for both? Where does the cancellation line start?

Mar 29 2017, 04:02:14 PM

Luck you HunterK!!! surpriseThat's the dream!

My main issue with doing the lines is that it's all up to chance... this is probably the last time I will be in NYC until July, and I'm worried about catching OBC before some of them start to leave.

Worth the risk or worth the money?? Such a hard choice!

StubHub/BroadwayBox
 Mar 29 2017, 03:53:50 PM

Hi all,

A couple of quick questions...

(a). Do the ticket prices for shows on StubHub and/or BroadwayBox include tax? I think I know the answer to this but wanted to check to be sure...

(b). Are there mailing options available when you purchase? E.g. if the tickets I'm buying are being resold by someone in California, would there be mailing options available (for an added price or not) that would ensure they reach me before the scheduled performance date?

Thank

Mar 27 2017, 11:06:14 PM

Thanks for your help! Was there a line when you went to the ticket office?

(also, bump for other opinions)

Mar 27 2017, 07:31:34 PM

Hi all,

I'm heading up to NYC in two weeks to celebrate my 21st. I'm a huge theatre geek and I was hoping to secure tickets for DEH... but of course a few months ago when I first checked I didn't book and now they're all but sold out! I know there are broker ticket options from StubHub or BroadwayBox and I'm definitely open to those - but preferably as a last resort due to the exorbitant ticket prices.

I was wondering whether anybody on here has

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You