News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joshua Boyd-Williams

Member Name: Joshua Boyd-Williams
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 6/16/19  Jun 18 2019, 01:26:15 AM

How on earth is Be More Chill still open? They've been under their weekly nut for almost the past two months. That's pretty awful.

Also, The Prom hasn't seen any improvement at all. They might be the next one to announce a closing very soon. 

MITB Tony's Reactions  Jun 11 2019, 11:38:27 PM

I'm a little confused here. When people do parody's, they usually don't credit the show that they're doing a parody of. So...why exactly is it all of a sudden such a big deal here? Plus, do creators of shows usually get told that a parody of their show is gonna be performed on any program? I would say that it's just the BMC fans overreacting, but the cast, crew, and even some other well known people have been saying the parody should've been credited. It's just all

Musicals most people hated, but you liked  May 23 2019, 12:24:00 AM

I just saw a Matinee performance of King Kong today, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I mainly went just to see the Kong puppet in person, but I was pleasantly surprised. Besides maybe one song, I thought the songs ranged from Ok to pretty good. They presented two awards at the end of our performance, and one of them was the Chita Rivera Award for best Ensemble, and I can definitely see why they won. The whole cast was pretty good. We had Kayla Davion playing Ann Darrow, and she was fan

Lion King Tour vs Broadway  May 16 2019, 02:29:56 AM

Also, the stage has plenty of platforms that rise as well, including upstage that tilts up a bit, which use to be on tour as well. And besides some trap doors for Hakuna Matata, that's kinda it. 

Spongebob Tour Cast Rumor  Feb 24 2019, 02:55:51 AM

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said:  Do we actually know yet if it is non-equity? Also, I haven't heard about the budget. Please share if you have.

And only three venues have been announced so far.
"

Here's the weird thing about that. Three venues have been announced, but two more venues have also announced Spongebob as part of their 2019/2020 season as well. The Orpheum Theatre in Phoenix,AZ and Eugene Center in Eugene,OR. If you go on Spongebob's w

2019-2020 Touring Season  Jan 29 2019, 07:52:21 PM

Well at The Dolby Theatre, you're still able to get validation for parking. Granted, not at the actual theatre, but most of the shops and restaurants there do validate. It may not save you a bunch of money, but it still helps. Each time I've parked there, the most I've had to pay was about $12. If I get lucky, I pay as low as $8, since I'd be there for a few hours. 

2019-2020 Touring Season  Jan 28 2019, 07:30:35 PM

bdboston said: "Broadway Las Vegas - Smith Center 2019/2020 season

Anastasia
Jesus Christ Superstar
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Escape to Margaritaville
The Spongebob Musical
Once on this Island
Mean Girls
The Band's Visit
The Book of Mormon
Wicked
"

I can imagine that the Pantages Theatre and Dolby Theatre will have a season similar to this one. I believe we tend to get most of these newer touring product

2019-2020 Touring Season  Jan 27 2019, 05:21:06 PM

hamiltonboys said: "Not really surprised, but a little disheartened that the Spongebob tour doesn't seem to be happening. It's weird that whoever is in charge of the social media for the show continues to tweet about an upcoming tour."

Well they did say that the musical will start touring in the fall of this year. I would hope we get some dates and locations for them soon, but it might not come until a couple of months from now. I don't really know when m

BWW TV Charlie Tour  Sep 15 2018, 07:13:43 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "Joshua Boyd-Williams said: "That is just one picture though. We don't really know what the rest of the show is gonna look like. Hopefully the inside of the factory has improved.

On the plus side, I think it looks a little better than that strange little clock tower they had on broadway.
"

Oh it definitely looks better than that little clock tower for sure, but I am still not sold at all on this. I pray that they actuall

BWW TV Charlie Tour  Sep 15 2018, 06:55:47 PM

That is just one picture though. We don't really know what the rest of the show is gonna look like. Hopefully the inside of the factory has improved.

On the plus side, I think it looks a little better than that strange little clock tower they had on broadway. 

BWW TV Charlie Tour  Sep 15 2018, 06:33:01 PM

Ah, didn't realize that. My bad.

BWW TV Charlie Tour  Sep 15 2018, 06:21:25 PM

So I been looking around on instagram, since they recently moved into the Shea Buffalo Theatre for tech rehearsals. From what I've been able to find, the set design has changed. The show curtain, bucket house and candy shop for the most part are the same. They still seem to have some props from the Broadway production, so it seems to be a mix of some new things. The outside of the factory is totally different. Kinda reminds me of the 1971 factory exterior a little bit. Gonna try to provid

What is the Fate of SPONGEBOB?  Jun 8 2018, 04:40:22 PM

Alex M said: "I really wish that Spongebob just had started in a smaller house to begin with. The reason why ticket sales aren't great is because of the size of the Palace. I was really hoping that they would have taken the Walter Kerr because that would have been the perfectsize to fitin audiences....Oh well."

Well, they have been doing better in terms of filling up the Palace Theatre lately. Though who knows how long that's gonna last. I'm just thankful

What is the Fate of SPONGEBOB?  Jun 8 2018, 03:26:00 PM

Here's where I'm at. Because this has been announced to close the Palace Theatre on September 15th, and seeing as how Spongebob is only selling tickets til the 2nd, why exactly haven't they announced a closing or a possible (but not likely) move? It doesn't seem like they're gonna be releasing more tickets, especially with this construction moving forward. Also seeing as how they're not doing the best at the box office, would it really be worth it to move to another lo

FROZEN Reviews  Mar 22 2018, 09:38:15 PM

To be honest, I kinda expected Frozen to get better reviews than Spongebob, just because I know how much people love the movie. Though at the same time, I can't say that I'm surprised that it didn't. As much as I enjoyed Frozen, I just felt that they didn't do enough to make the show different from the movie. This show could've been much better than what it is now. It just leaves me wanting more than what it's giving me. 

FROZEN Previews  Feb 19 2018, 09:55:54 PM

They kinda do. It's mainly the interior and the staircase, but other than that, it's an empty stage as well. At the very least, the broadway production's ice castle isn't just projections.

SPONGEBOB Reviews  Dec 4 2017, 10:06:14 PM

Well, over all the reviews seem mostly positive. We can all agree on one thing. These are reviews Charlie and the Chocolate Factory could only dream of.

SPONGEBOB MUSICAL to Record Cast Album Before Swimming to Broadway  May 21 2017, 02:36:29 AM

Where did you hear that at? Would love to know the sources.

SPONGEBOB MUSICAL to Record Cast Album Before Swimming to Broadway  May 21 2017, 02:14:19 AM

ClumsyDude15 said: "^That is the last I heard and I heard that On Your Feet was closing around Labor Day. 

"

Where did you hear this news?

The 2017-2018 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions  May 4 2017, 05:25:27 AM

If anything, I don't think Spongebob is gonna open this year. This year is so packed, and most of the big theatre's are booked. Though people have mentioned the Marquis Theatre, so that is a possibility. Though I'm not sure that On Your Feet! is gonna announce a closing date anytime soon. Even though their numbers have not been good at the box office recently, it seems like they're trying very hard to keep the show running. I guess we'll see what happens.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You