News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MsDesmond1995

MsDesmond1995 Profile Photo
Member Name: MsDesmond1995
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

6 Days/9 Shows -- My Report on Broadway Binge 2017  Jun 5 2017, 11:07:17 PM

haterobics said: "MsDesmond1995 said: "Also, in the movie Rita and Phil never had sex, and in the show, its obvious they did. Maybe I'm just trying to cling to the innocence of my youth, which is when I fell in love with the movie."

Are you sure?!

"

I guess its left to your interpretation. I didn't get the feeling that they did in the movie. Just that they fell asleep in the same bed while waiting for morning. They were both still fully clothed in the movie by morning. In the musical, Rita is wearing a camisole and clearing doing the "walk of shame". lol. But again... its all in how you want to view it.

WAR PAINT - any absences?  Jun 5 2017, 11:00:29 PM

Someone in a Tree2 said: "^ Actually a GREY GARDENS tour with Betty Buckley and Rachel York just came to the Ahmanson here in LA earlier this year. Reconceived production rather than a copy of the Bway show, and several years after the show was gone from NY, but we still welcomed it with open arms. 

Your point still holds-- mounting a tour of WAR PAINT would seem very unlikely given its reception this awards season.

"

Oh absolutel

6 Days/9 Shows -- My Report on Broadway Binge 2017  Jun 5 2017, 10:51:22 PM

Wow... that's pretty much all I can summon when think on my trip (May 26-June 1). I've never been to NYC when the town was so full of Broadway buzz and energy. I've done countless Broadway binges before but this was like none other. AND I was able to break my record, which was 8 in 6 days.

Without further ado... the shows and my brief assessment.

May 26th (Evening): A Doll's House, Part 2

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not what I thought I was walking into at al

WAR PAINT - any absences?  Jun 5 2017, 08:54:44 PM

lost4616 said: "just chiming in... I was also there Saturday night. Donna gave an incredible performance and there were moments when I forgot that it wasn't Patti performing. She definitely commanded the stage and held her own to Christine, who is incredible. We were given the opportunity to see the show for free on another performance this summer. Although even with Patti, I don't know if I'd actually want to sit through this show again. 

Is Oslo worth it?  May 23 2017, 10:41:26 PM

Does anyone else think this is a shoo-in for Best Play or are A Doll's House and Sweat gaining momentum?

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery  May 23 2017, 10:38:51 PM

I'm trying to do the "3-4 day rule" for DEH tickets on Telecharge before resorting to Stubhub. I'm trying for the evening performance this Sunday. I was wondering if anyone knows about what time Telecharge usually releases seats on the 4th day before a performance? 

SUNSET BOULEVARD  May 20 2017, 08:23:51 PM

How amazing would it be if the show extended with the same succession of replacements as the original run?! Particularly Betty (not a HUGE fan of Elaine Paige.) That's almost too much for my heart to bear. My friend saw Sunset in '95 (might have been '96) twice once with Betty and another with Betty's replacement, Karen Mason. Just wondering did anyone see the 1st National Tour with Linda Balgord?

La LuPone gives her unvarnished opinion of Donald Trump  May 20 2017, 07:22:04 PM

qolbinau said: "
Love that Patti speaks her mind and I wonder what Ebersole thinks about this. When asked about the election in the past she has deflected. "

I wouldn't think that she would care either way. Patti and Christine are polar opposite personalities. Patti is bold and brash and Christine is much more demure and laid back. You can definitely tell at the stage door. Christine usually stays subdued while signing and yet still ever so graceful

SUNSET BOULEVARD  May 20 2017, 07:16:35 PM

I noticed the theatre was well sold this afternoon. I decided to look at Ticketmaster this morning to how its selling. I'm seeing it sometime the weekend/week of Memorial Day. This is NOT a show I'm sitting in the mezzanine for. I want to see every expression, every subtle nuance, every minute detail of Glenn's performance and savor it like the most delectable and finest wine ever created.

Chernjam, I want an experience like yours. I have been obsessed with Sunset sinc

La LuPone gives her unvarnished opinion of Donald Trump  May 20 2017, 07:02:19 PM

This kind of attitude and uncensored behavior is the EXACT reason why La LuPone has been my spirit animal for the 25 years I have known of her existence. It has literally been the best thing on the internet this week. She isn't saying anything we all haven't said either in private conversation or to ourselves. Brava, Patti! You never cease to endear yourself to me!

HELP! Two slots...THREE shows  May 19 2017, 12:03:04 AM

HeyMrMusic said: "I'd say The Little Foxes (because it's a limited run) and Groundhog DayOslo is great, but I can see it lasting if it wins the Tony and it'll have a life after the Broadway run as well."

That's the question... does Oslo still have the momentum to win best play or is it A Doll's House this year? If its leaning more toward A Doll's House, then I'd rather see The Little Fo

HELP! Two slots...THREE shows  May 18 2017, 10:15:25 PM

Headed to the city in a week for a week and have slots for 9 shows:

Here's my definite list:

Great Comet

Sunset Boulevard

A Doll's House, Part 2

Dear Evan Hansen

War Paint

Hello Dolly

Miss Saigon

My dilemma is there are THREE more that I really want to see, but I only have TWO more slots! (Thank you, overabundant Broadway season!) So which two of these three are absolutely can't miss?

Oslo

T

SUNSET BOULEVARD (Rush Reports)  May 18 2017, 09:57:55 PM

How early do people typically start lining up before the box office opens? I would DIE for one of those center orchestra tickets for $99. Sunset has been my favorite musical of all time since I was an 8th grader in 1995, and my older friend in high school went to NYC to see Betty Buckley in it and brought me back the American Premiere Recording. I was going to buy from Ticketmaster until I checked this thread and saw people were getting great seats for less than $100. I'm p

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery  Apr 8 2017, 11:32:13 PM

Boday said: "Now that I have my ticket for Wednesday night, I'm happy to share the pattern I observed over the past few weeks! It seems like they release tickets online four days prior to showtime. This has been the pattern for each show over the past two weeks. Hope this is helpful!

"

Thanks... this definitely gives me a little more hope for the last week in May.

Favorited filmed staged productions?  Apr 7 2017, 09:57:42 PM

Cesare2 said: "Broadway Theater Archive's PIRATES OF PENZANCE from the Delacorte.  Also its MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING, which was broadcast on CBS while it was still running at the Winter Garden, and THE ROYAL FAMILY, with Eva Le Gallienne, Rosemary Harris, etc., which played the 46th Street Helen Hayes Theatre.  The Old Globe's recent TWELFTH NIGHT.  And then there's the Japanese television broadcast of THE WILL ROGERS FOLLIES, which recently turned up on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd3GonaOCtc&t=98s

"

OMG!!! Thank you so much for bringing this video of The Will Rogers Follies to my attention! I've always wanted to see this show, because it has forever baffled me how it won Best Musical over the Secret Garden. I just always assumed it was "spectacle" over "substance." Now I can see for myself.

Also, has anyone mentioned the 1999 production of the Sondheim revue Putting It Together? Carol Burnett is in top form. As are George Hearn, Ruthie Henshall, John Barrowman and Bronson Pinchot. Great cast. ALL of my favorite Sondheim songs are represented in one great show... check it out.

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 7 2017, 09:40:38 PM

LesWickedly said: "MsDesmond, you have amazing seats! My view from Row N all the way to the left on the most outer aisle was still a great seat and I only missed a little, nothing important. I could still see their faces perfectly. Your seat is in Row N, like mine, but will be an even better seat! 

"

Thanks, Les! So glad to hear it! I usually never splurge on premium seats, but when I decided I couldn't let this Broadway season pass me b

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 7 2017, 08:35:46 PM

This will be my first show in the Shubert and I'll be sitting in row N Right Orchestra seats 2 & 4 (on the inner aisle). Does anyone know if this is far enough to see the whole set, but close enough to still see facial expressions? I recently watched the 1985 Tony Awards, which was the last ceremony held at the Shubert, to get a little perspective on the space, and it seemed pretty big for one of the older houses. I'm a little concerned row N is too far from the action.

WAR PAINT Reviews  Apr 7 2017, 07:37:13 PM

I think we LuPone/Ebersole fans can breathe a sigh of relief now that the reviews are out. They may not be raves across the board for every element of the show, but it was way more than I thought the show was ever going to get given the word of mouth on these boards. I didn't see it in Chicago and haven't seen it yet on Broadway (seeing May 28th), but I had my doubts..which have all been assuaged.

I've only seen Patti in Gypsy, Sweeney and in concert, and Christine

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery  Apr 5 2017, 09:45:53 AM

bear88 said: "Congrats to Shannonigans and bfreak. I'll certainly keep checking Telecharge. I'm impressed about getting two together. I need three total, but only two together. 

I'm still confused about one thing. If you get cancellation tickets at noon at whenever they sell them on a two-show day, like next Wednesday, can you only get tickets for the matinee or can you request the evening show? Or do you have to come back later? And if so, when?

<

SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Apr 4 2017, 11:33:04 PM

Did you get book on the official show site? And I'm guessing they're selling the 2-disc 1994 L.A. Cast Recording at the theatre? Any word on if there will be a 2017 recording (sorry if it's been asked and answered)?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You