News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gaft24

Member Name: gaft24
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anyone here seen AFTERGLOW off- Broadway?
 Nov 13 2018, 02:08:42 AM

Ah! I actually really liked it! 

That said, I am not super well versed LGBTQ+ theatre (although I am a member of the community) so that that as you will. 

If harry potter was a musical who would you want to compose it?
 Nov 12 2018, 11:31:55 PM

YES!

Also, waiting for the day Darren Criss gets to play Harry in Cursed Child. It's bound to happen. 

Aladdin
 Nov 12 2018, 11:13:23 PM

I will say, Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular at Disneyland Resort was better IMO.

The show is ok, but the Genie carries the entire thing. It is a SUPER weak book, and though some of the costumes and sets are quite beautiful, you're not missing out on much.

DISCLAIMER: I only have seen the tour version at the Pantages in LA, but from what I hear it is pretty much the same. 

From Airport to Times Square
 Oct 25 2018, 01:43:24 AM

Hi everyone!

Question: My sister and I are going to New York the second week of December... originally we were taking the red-eye from Tuesday to Wednesday, but the airline cancelled that flight and switched us so now we don't get into JFK until 4 PM on Wednesday. We intended to see at least one show that day, but now I'm not sure if we'll make it on time... we wanted to see Mean Girls or Anastasia that day, but they are at 7 PM and 7:30 PM respectively, so....

Old Globe San Diego Seating
 Oct 10 2018, 01:50:51 PM

I got to see the show last night and sat in the front row of the balcony on the right. From what I could tell, you shouldn't miss much if you sit on the far edge. I've worked in shows here before (where my job has literally been to sit in those edge orchestra seats for sightline issues) and if you are sitting on the very edge (like the very last two seats), I would just recommend not sitting in the first three rows. Anything else is a pretty good view on most occasions. 

Darren Criss on Broadway
 Oct 9 2018, 03:24:37 AM

In 6-7 years, he'll be the right age to be Harry Potter in Cursed Child. Can you imagine?!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 3 2018, 03:58:33 AM

HeatherAV said: "gaft24 said: "Fosse76 said: "How many tickets do you need? If it's just you, I'd wait, but I'd also check availability frequently. But if it's two or more, I wouldn't wait too long to buy tickets."

I'm buying two tickets.... so yeah. I've been checking for the past 3-4 weeks and not much has changed other than those two lines selling. Also, is there a way to get them on the phone, or is ticketma

Oct 2 2018, 01:20:44 PM

Fosse76 said: "How many tickets do you need? If it's just you, I'd wait, but I'd also check availability frequently. But if it's two or more, I wouldn't wait too long to buy tickets."

I'm buying two tickets.... so yeah. I've been checking for the past 3-4 weeks and not much has changed other than those two lines selling. Also, is there a way to get them on the phone, or is ticketmaster online the only way?...

Oct 2 2018, 05:26:18 AM

Also, question: I am going to Cursed Child the second week of December and wondering if I should buy my tix now or still wait it out... I am getting shown the $189 per part now for for row M - pretty much center (that or $165 for row F in Dress Circle). Should I still wait or should I just buy them already? They've been moving from row K to row M for the Orchestra in the past few weeks and I am nervous. 

Oct 2 2018, 05:22:36 AM

rodrigo_ca said: "Does anyone else keep getting error #1000 after choosing a date? I've been getting this since the play opened and even if I'm still nowhere near to get to New York, I'd like to be abl to buy tickets when I eventually can"

I live in Tijuana (Mexico) but work in San Diego (U.S.) and whenever I am at home it shows me that same error... but no problems when I look at the tickets at work in the U.S.... I assume it acts up with inter

Come From Away
 Sep 3 2018, 01:18:28 PM

Barbara Heis said: "To follow up for future reference....on Sunday, Sept 2 - we were first in line at 7:54am - I'd say by 9am were the last to get discounted tickets. Box office opened at noon. There were 10 RUSH tickets (they were in far right and far left orchestra tickets) for $38 each and 19 standing room tickets (they were numbered seats so you knew where you were standing) for $32 each. We chose standing room b/c we were right there in the center! We could move to the music

Wicked
 Sep 1 2018, 11:39:26 PM

Owen22 said: "Okay, I've decided. They can't sing the roles the way they should be sung but I don't care. Emma Stone as Elphaba and Anna Kendrick as Glinda. You're welcome."

You forgot Russel Crowe as the Wizard. 

Broadway Early-Mid December
 Aug 27 2018, 02:25:16 PM

jbird5 said: "It might be worth it to join TDF for Lifespan of a Fact. It’s a play and in a fairly large theater (assuming they don’t close the balcony) so it might show up there. Anastasia was just on, but I wouldn’t count on it during the holidays. I would get the Mean Girls tickets as early as possible since it is selling out and the rush is crowded. I hear TodayTix raised their fees and people are going elsewhere. Otherwise I would just watch for discounts from places like Theatermania and pounce if you see a good deal. And remember there are more than one TKTS booths. It’s probably worth a trip down to the seaport or up to Lincoln Center to avoid the crowds."

Thank you! Yes, I am a TDF member as well. That said, although I'm counting on Lifespan of a Fact being a play, I am curious of how much pull Mr. Radcliffe has to get butts in seats. Selfishly hoping it is not as much as the character he once played.  

Broadway Early-Mid December
 Aug 27 2018, 03:39:02 AM

Hello everyone! 

I had a question about Broadway ticket demand around the second week of December. Specifically, I will be in NYC December 12 to 16. I lived in NYC last summer, so I had that season sort of figured out in regards to rush/Today Tix and TKTS booth, but I'm wondering how different it would be in those dates in December, specifically with the shows we plan to see. Right now my list is the following:

-Anastasia

-Once on This Island

Jul 26 2018, 04:52:27 AM

VotePeron said: 

Hi there! As someone who has seen the show a bunch of times now, I just wanted to share my two cents. I have been really surprised with the availability of tickets over these busy summer months. It appears you can basically always get a ticket for $160 or $180, but the $130 seats are the ones that become available a week or so before performances.

It's impossible to say what the Box Office will be doing in December, but if I had to guess, I

Jul 24 2018, 06:37:43 PM

Hello everyone! 

I finally booked my flight to NYC from December 12 to 16... and I am DYING to see Cursed Child. I had originally ruled it out as a possibility because I thought it would be completely sold out, but I'm noticing that tickets are apparently still available, and also noticed on this thread that some tickets sell for cheaper in about a month's window before a performance... now I also understand that the dates of my trip are much busier for Broadway

ANASTASIA Previews
 Apr 6 2017, 04:06:22 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Yeah, gaft24, I heard about them. Questions:

1. What's Paris Holds the Key to Your Heart like now? 

(Remember this is all from the first preview... stuff might have changed already) It started almost the same, but now Anya is already in the pink dress and new hair. They took out most Gertrude Stein jokes, and I think they probably took out at least one verse ("Picasso is painting his muse", I remember because I was looking forward to it). Coco Chanel is gone too (because no quick change) so it is just Dimitri singing his verse looking at her. The mini Eiffel tower is gone... though they do have a projection of them going up on the elevator to the top of the Eiffel tower with fireworks (much more like in the movie). It's cool, but a little more gimmicky and less stylistic than the ending of the number at Hartford in my opinion. 

There was also no painter at the end of the number, so Anya just starts singing "Crossing a Bridge". Overall, I felt there were less artists/icons and more regular Parisians than in Hartford... which I didn't love. 

2. What is the finale like now? Are the Romanovs in it?

Yes they are! It is basically the same... I think even the music box tableu is still there, it just happens so fast that you don't really get what it is supposed to be. From what I recall, it is the same until the last line (I think it was "things my heart used to know" and then it cuts to Anya & Dimitri singing "One step at a time, one hope then another" and then back to "Once Upon a December" but with "Journey to the Past"'s ending chords. It's pretty, but a little bit odd, and feels somewhat forced. I'm crossing my fingers that it goes back to the Hartford ending. 

"

ANASTASIA Previews
 Apr 4 2017, 04:33:34 PM

Saw it on opening preview and loved it!!! I am a big fan of the movie so a bit biased.

SPOILERS

Did anyone else found the Once Upon a December/Journey to the Past finale odd? I liked it much better in the Hartford version (just a reprise of Once Upon a December, with Dimitri and Anya dancing on the turntable, echoing the music box). 

Gleb is much better, but still would love him to be just a bit more menacing. 

Also, although t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You