News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for reginula

reginula Profile Photo
Member Name: reginula
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bright star  Oct 11 2019, 06:27:34 PM

Love it! It closed long before I fell in love with it, but I was lucky to catch it on tour. It's not perfect, but the score is gorgeous –I love folk music, so it was right up my alley– and Carmen Cusack is a powerhouse. I think it was generally well received but I guess opening on the same season as Hamilton didn't help it.

Sara Holdren leaving as Vulture's theater critic  Sep 16 2019, 11:47:31 PM

I'm really excited to see whatever is ahead for her, but man, I'm going to miss her reviews so, so much. She was truly the best out there. I always looked forward to her reviews on opening nights, and I've learned so much about both the craft and the audience thanks to her. This will probably be selfish and far-fetched, but I really hoped she'd become the chief critic for the Times someday, or gained that amount of influence wherever she worked. She truly sees what matters in

Damon Daunno attendance  Sep 15 2019, 09:41:04 PM

Pose2 said: "reginula said: "If it helps, I saw it twice last week (Wednesday evening and Friday) and he was in. Everyone was, actually."

He absolutely was not in September 11th at 7pm.
"

I'm very sorry. I meant September 4th and 6th. 

Damon Daunno attendance  Sep 15 2019, 09:21:31 PM

If it helps, I saw it twice last week (Wednesday evening and Friday) and he was in. Everyone was, actually. 

BCEFA FLEA 2019 COLLECTORS UNITE  Sep 12 2019, 06:45:28 PM

northlandfan, you are a very kind soul. I live in Mexico so I always enjoy Flea vicariously through people's posts. I can't think of something specific I want off the top of my head (or, well, I want everything) but if your list isn't full of requests, I'll definitely message you.

Yondr Pouches  Jul 23 2019, 03:26:45 PM

I had not thought of GalaPro until now. If they were going through with this, I'd expect (I really want to say 'demand' them at least to adopt something like the smart glasses at the NT; still, I think GalaPro saved them a good deal of time. Smart glasses and other devices would make the line for hearing aids busier, but with GalaPro, once you get a hold of it, you're good for all the other shows you see. Personally, GalaPro has given me so much.

Personally. I'd really miss the Playbill pictures. I wonder to what degree marketing teams consider them as part of their online brand strategy. 

Oklahoma! seating  Jul 15 2019, 01:39:44 PM

VotePeron said: "reginula said: "I bought H 144 and 146 to see the show on my birthday since they were a bit cheaper than anything on the 200 section (and they are right on the aisle next to the 200 section), but now I'm wondering if I should upgrade to something in the middle ofthe 200s. Has anyone seen the show from that area? I wonder if it feels a little far way from the action."

Those are great seats! I've only seen the show at CITS from the

Oklahoma! seating  Jul 14 2019, 08:12:56 PM

I bought H 144 and 146 to see the show on my birthday since they were a bit cheaper than anything on the 200 section (and they are right on the aisle next to the 200 section), but now I'm wondering if I should upgrade to something in the middle of the 200s. Has anyone seen the show from that area? I wonder if it feels a little far way from the action.

Lucky Seat  Jul 7 2019, 10:35:09 PM

One of my friends won the Book of Mormon lottery on her first week trying. 

Have any of you tried the lotteries as an out of town visitor? I have tried a couple times during my travels there, but no luck yet. I always wonder if the non-US postal code hurts my chances.

Broadway at the MET... UMM BILLY PORTER OWNING THE MET!!  May 6 2019, 11:49:35 PM

Damon Daunno and Patrick Vaill.

Heart eyes emoji, my friends. Heart eyes emoji.

OCTET at Signature Theatre  May 2 2019, 03:49:34 PM

(I really don't know how these things work, but since BMC was originated there, I have some hope)

Given its format/content, do you see any chances of this transfering/extending past mid-June?

'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW  Apr 29 2019, 03:52:54 PM

Per Hollywood Reporter:

A stage adaptation of the comedy-drama with music, about a 16-year-old Dublin lad who attempts to escape his troubled home life and impress a coolly enigmatic local beauty by starting a band influenced by the new wave pop sounds of the 1980s, will premiere as part of New York Theatre Workshop's 2019-20 season. 

That off-Broadway venue is the same place where Once had its New York debut in 2011, in a sold-out run that propelled it to Broadway.

Like Once, the Sing Street musical will feature a book by Tony-winning playwright Enda Walsh, while music and lyrics are by Carney and Gary Clark. The latter is the one-time frontman of late-'80s Scottish band Danny Wilson, which had an international hit with "Mary's Prayer." The same team wrote the original songs heard in the movie.

Dates TBA

I love this movie so much! This is exciting!

OKLAHOMA! Extends on Broadway, With Tickets Available Through January 19  Apr 29 2019, 11:01:12 AM

I'm trying to buy tickets for the latter part of the run, but the show I'm trying to buy for has "0 seats available". Are they not available yet? Is anyone having the same issues?

March 22nd should be International Musical Theatre Day  Mar 20 2019, 09:14:27 PM

Has this been proposed before? It must have, given it's both Sondheim's and ALW's birthday. 

I know World Theatre Day is just five days later, but maybe it would be nice to have a more specific celebration?

Just wondering. What do you think?

HADESTOWN SEATING?  Mar 19 2019, 08:01:21 PM

Question (especially for after the previews begin):

Does the back of the orchestra –or especifically, the part where the mezzanine overhangs– have a blocked view of Hades' balcony/terrace (the part of the stage with the green door)? Or is it low enough?

Dave Malloy is going conceptual with casting the title role in Moby Dick  Mar 7 2019, 10:48:59 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "I hope Dave Malloy ends up as like Stephen Sondheim or something. None of his shows are successful financially, but they are forever ingrained in the American musical theatre canon and are just technically the best, but just not loved as much. Compared to his counterparts Pasek&paul and Lin who are the Andrew Lloyd Webber’s of this current generation of musical theatre writers and write decent shows that just become way too overrated."

2019 Olivier Awards  Mar 5 2019, 12:43:16 PM

Surprised as well with the lack of Hadestown nominations. I hope that won't affect the Broadway buzz. I'm very happy about the Company nominations. Is Jonathan Bailey a lock?

2019-2020 Touring Season  Feb 20 2019, 12:45:45 AM

The Book of Mormon tour is coming to Mexico City Nov 20 - Dec 8, 2019. This is very exciting! Hope this means we'll soon become a regular tour stop. 

(Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of the first full Monterrey season)

Way Too Early 2019 Tony Predictions thread  Feb 5 2019, 04:01:56 PM

After seeing Hadestown at the NT, I'm entirely sure Patrick Page deserves AT LEAST to be nominated.

Let's discuss the upcoming 2019 Sondheim revivals  Feb 5 2019, 03:57:35 PM

Just to let you know, someone at the NT told me the Follies transfer is happening, and the reopening was cast with people who could move to NY. 

(Still, take this with a grain of salt)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You