News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JBC3

Member Name: JBC3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tonight at Moulin Rouge - Bad Theater Behavior  Dec 16 2019, 11:15:14 AM
I have no need to get over myself. I do wish people here might get over starting new threads all the time.

What exactly is the value is a post about bad theatre behavior at one performance, particularly when it opens up yet another thread on this already cluttered site?

No one here can do anything about it. At best it inspires yet another retread of others' experiences. And the poster had started the same thread with the same post at All that Chat.

Tonight at Moulin Rouge - Bad Theater Behavior  Dec 16 2019, 04:57:30 AM
Glad you were able to start a new thread and get this off your chest.
Kennedy Center Honors 2019  Dec 15 2019, 08:49:10 PM
I hate how in the past few years, the directors and CBS have killed off the distinctive feel and voice of the Honors, seeming to turn it into "just another awards show." LL Cool J as host? Please.
Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced ut of Theater  Dec 15 2019, 05:16:05 PM
^ x 100.
Kennedy Center Honors 2019  Dec 15 2019, 03:14:24 AM
Don't forget ... the Honors air tonight (12/15) instead of their usual post-Christmas slot.
Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 06:35:18 PM
Face it. Many (most?) on this thread are entrenched in their positions, so we get post after post tinged with implicit bias.

You can't persuade people who are not open to influence.

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 07:30:21 AM
Feelings are important, but not more than facts.
Favorite Stephen Sondheim Musical...  Dec 13 2019, 09:43:54 PM
qolbinau said: "Not sure how you can like Staunton but not Bernadette. Staunton basically did Bernadette’s performance without having the vocals. Awful. Bernadette’s “In Buddy’s Eyes” is among the best work she has ever done. I admit Staunton might have pulled off Losing My Mind a little. Though the staging for Loveland was awful."

I adore BP and saw her twice in DC and twice in NYC, but her "In Buddy Eyes" always sounded like a tremendous strain on

Jagged Little Pill - Reviews  Dec 12 2019, 02:02:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see adding pronouns to bios becoming pretty commonplace over time. I speak at conferences and increasingly presenters have it in their bios and participants have it on their name badges.
Favorite Stephen Sondheim Musical...  Dec 11 2019, 08:10:37 AM
It has changed for me throughout the years.

It used to be Sweeney or Sunday hands down.

The recent productions of A Little Night Music, Company, and Follies (London) moved those into rotation as my fave.

Assassins could be an easy yes as a consistently good overall show, but it does not have the moments that soar for me like some of his others.

I originally hated Passion (from seeing the original on Broadway), but the recent revival opened my eyes to the power

West Side Story revival?  Dec 11 2019, 08:05:03 AM
Jordan Catalano said: "I find that bow to be the most moving and most beautiful moment of any musical ever. It never fails to make me cry."

I agree 100%. I have long refused to date anyone who does not get emotional when the painting scrim drops in at the end of the first act or this moment from act two. That's my story for why I am still single, and I am sticking to it.

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 11 2019, 08:03:18 AM
songanddanceman2 said: "A bare stage, back wall lifts to reveal further sets, cameras film scenes and project.

So it's exactly the same ideas he used on All About Eve?
"

Well at some point there are only so many basic set/staging templates to draw from for the foundation of a show.

We could say the same thing for lots of other productions.

"The central set revolved for different settings and in some cases, smaller scenes wer

Hello, Dolly 2017: the revival that got away?  Dec 10 2019, 09:16:15 PM
Pretty sure this question was debated ad nauseum in one of the original threads about the show.
WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 09:12:53 PM
Anyone who looks at the promotional materials for this show and expects they will be seeing a traditional version of West Side Story deserves to experience something different. Nothing about the messaging for this show even remotely reflects the imagery and tone of what usually is used.
Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater  Dec 10 2019, 03:22:45 PM
Understand where you are coming from, but given that contractual terms are legally binding and the so-called "spirit" behind them has no standing in a court of law, producers would have to be pretty foolish to be hanging their hat on the latter.

Despite Turnaround, ‘Beetlejuice’ Being Forced Out of Theater  Dec 10 2019, 02:46:55 PM
Stuff happens. Chill.
WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 02:42:51 PM
In your dreams.
West Side Story revival?  Dec 10 2019, 10:32:28 AM
Like the characters at the end of Sunday in the Park with George, I bow to your artistry and genius.

West Side Story revival?  Dec 10 2019, 09:58:14 AM
I saw on Instagram that the production is putting trigger warnings in the lobby for people who have only seen the movie, as well as offering therapy dogs and counselors after the performance for those experiencing RAD, revival anguish disorder.
West Side Story revival?  Dec 10 2019, 09:23:47 AM
Jordan Catalano said: "Well I’m seeing the show next week when I’m back in the states, so I think I’m “Internet qualified” to write my full review of the show right now."

I'd pay for Jordan's MadLib Reviews ....
"fill in the blanks before you even see the show and impress your online followers with how in the know you are."

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You