News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for killerqueen

Member Name: killerqueen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Nov 16 2021, 06:43:24 PM

Engineer Thuy said: "My guess is that Jordan Litz will replace Curt. The new understudy Fiyero - Ryan Mac, appears to be covering Witch's Father/ Ozian Official, which is Jordan's current track. Unless, Jordan is also leaving the tour."

Yeah it was Jordan! He confirmed it on Instagram earlier today, he starts one week from today.

I wonder if anyone else is going to be leaving shortly. I vaguely recall seeing that Sharon was coming up to t

Oct 13 2021, 08:26:42 PM

hamiltonstradition said: "In the playbills, there are now full-page inserts with 'Starring Jennifer DiNoia and Ginna Claire Mason' and "The role of Elphaba will be played by Jennifer DiNoia" on the bottom of the page."

I've read a rumour online that Alyssa Fox has come back in to standby for Jenny until Lindsay recovers, but I can't find any confirmation on that anywhere.

Oct 13 2021, 04:51:48 PM

I mean lets cut the girl some slack. She got laryngitis (or similar) that kept her out just before the lockdown, and now she's picked up an injury this time. She's just had unfortunate circumstances befall her so far, I think she can be great once she's able to get a run of shows under her belt. Why are we saying she can't handle the role when she's barely even had a chance to do it yet. It's not like she's blown her voice out like certain other green girls of the

Aug 25 2021, 07:56:37 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Were the Glinda and Elphaba the two playing the roles when the shutdown happened last March?"

Principal cast is identical, save for Mili stepping in as Nessa (Shoba Narayan was Nessa before, but is off to Aladdin). Oh and obviously Kathy temporarily filling in for Alexandra too.

Apart from GCM and Michael McCormick who had been in for a while, most of this case were still fairly new at the close. I think Lindsay and Sam h

Aug 16 2021, 05:56:10 PM

Hannah Florence has joined the company, presumably as the new Nessa!

Feb 15 2020, 05:34:52 AM

Tanya 4 said: "

Its more to due with the demands of the show. The Elphie role is incredibly taxing on the actress vocally. 9 months is enough for most without a break. Some have gone a year at a time (examples: Shoshana, Mary Kate Morrissey on tour, etc). But that's not standard. Glinda on the other hand can play forever and GC is such a natural at it I hope she's around a long time (long enough to reunite with Mary Kate in her broadway debut as Elphie).&q

Filmed live stage version of Kinky Boots to air. HAIRSPRAY is probably next!
 May 3 2019, 07:46:00 PM

Yay! I totally forgot this was even a thing.

They taped it late last year before the London company closed. It's with the entire closing London cast, but with Killian Donnelly and Matt Henry reprising the roles of Charlie and Lola. (They opened the show here)

WICKED 15TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT
 Oct 18 2018, 05:08:00 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDOuNfH98s/?taken-by=amandajanecoop

Amanda posted this picture of the Glindas in attendence. (Kristin not included)

Is anyone able to identify the second Glinda in the back row? I'm thinking maybe it's Katie Adams?

We have (l-r)

Laura Woyasz, ?, Kate Fahrner, Jennifer Laura Thompson, Kendra Kassebaum (back row)

Libby Servais, Kara Lindsay, Emily Mechler, Carrie St. Louis, Amanda Jane Cooper (front row)

Wicked Cast 2013
 Sep 30 2018, 04:31:09 AM

Jackie Burns was supposed to be Elphaba, but was very sick and ended up missing the last few weeks of her run. Her last performance was unexpectedly in the January.

Donna Vivino was the standby and did most of the performances until February 10. Then Willemijn Verkaik joined the company as Elphaba. Alli Mauzey was Glinda through all of this.

Rest of the cast:

Kyle Dean Massey (Fiyero), F. Michael Haynie (Boq), Catherine Charlebois (Nessa), Randy Danson (Morrible), Tom Fly

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?
 Jul 20 2018, 10:02:34 AM

robskynyc said: "Call_me_jorge said: "I feel like they should try stunt casting for Becky."

jorge didnt they just do this? katie lowes from scandal... idk if that counts lol

"

Katie is playing Dawn, not Becky :)

WICKED- Curtain Call
 Jul 20 2018, 09:57:30 AM

They swapped the order of Fiyero and the Wizard last year. I think they always did it the new way in some international productions, but the US ones started doing it last year, possibly after some cast changes.

No idea why after so long they'd change it, but speaking from personal experience, everytime I've been Fiyero gets by far the biggest cheer (behind the main two obviously) but then the Wizard would follow him out and the cheer seemed tepid in comparison, so for me it

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
 Jul 9 2018, 07:12:44 PM

Ginna Claire is confirmed on the tour until the end of October. I'd be surprised if she extended again, since she's been on the road since March 2017 and Mary Kate Morrissey (current tour Elphaba) is set to depart on the same day. I'd probably guess that Ginna Claire will head to Broadway sooner or later, but it probably wouldn't be until November at the very earliest. Unless they go for a different Glinda, I think Amanda is there for a while yet.

Ashley Parker Ange

Jackie Burns - Longest Running Elphaba
 Apr 27 2018, 02:29:43 PM

In terms of the Broadway production alone, she was already the longest serving Elphaba before she even came back in the summer. She was there for around 16 months between September 2011 and January 2013. Next was actually Idina herself at around 15 months (October 2003-January 2005).

In terms of overall performances as Elphaba around the world, she's still behind a few. Going by months spent as the lead Elphaba, here's an idea of some of the longest serving ones! :

Tee Boyich: Mean Girls Understudy Goddess
 Mar 20 2018, 04:31:01 PM

Awesome! What a night to remember for her!

I recall something similar happened way back when in Legally Blonde. Leslie Kritzer had to go on as Paulette at very short notice when Orfeh and her understudies were all unavailable. I'm always so impressed when these actors just literally go into the part at a seconds notice!

Official Bernadette Peters in Hello, Dolly! performances thread
 Mar 19 2018, 06:04:35 PM

ElphabaGoodman said: "Alli Mauzey is joining the cast as Ernestina, beginning tomorrow night."

So excited for this! Alli is an absolute gem.

Next WICKED Cast
 Feb 28 2018, 04:35:20 PM

fashionguru_23 said: "Also, if anyone know what the tour will be like in June, that would be great."

According to someone on the Innuendo Outendo boards, Ginna Claire Mason (Glinda) said on her Twitter recently that she will be playing at least until the end of the Omaha run, which ends on 3 June. She'll have been on tour for around 15 months then, so I'd guess there might be a new Glinda in June.

I'm really not sure about Mary Kate Morrissey (Elph

Kara Lindsey in Wicked
 Jul 2 2017, 07:29:35 PM

Moriah3 said: "Does anyone know when she is leaving? Also does she respond to fan mail and what's the address to write her and other wicked cast members?

thanks in advance!

"

Her last show is anticipated to be the 29th of this month, so you might want to hurry! :)

Next WICKED Cast
 Jun 9 2017, 08:33:06 PM

adamgreer said: "Thanks, I'd forgotten about her time on tour. 

That still puts her at least a couple of years behind DiNoia and Roscioli, though. 

"

Well actually it could potentially be closer than you might first expect. Even though Jenny has been with Wicked forever, she's actually been the lead for 28 months total by the time her current run finishes. Dee is on around 34 months, while Jackie currently has done 27

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Apr 17 2017, 06:08:39 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Now that I'm combing through my memory, I think I saw Caissie Levy in Wicked- not as Elphaba, but when she was in the ensemble...the year 2007. Or am I just hallucinating that?

"

No hallucinations, she was indeed the understudy for much of 2007, before leaving to become standby and then very quickly thereafter the lead in the Los Angeles company.

I must say, whilst I'm a very big fan of Miss Levy, I h

Next WICKED Cast
 Apr 14 2017, 07:17:17 PM

If the current specultation is true, I believe that Jenny and Kara will still be leads at that point, so unless they are out for any unforeseen reason, it will likely be them yes! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You