News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for B.JAMES

B.JAMES Profile Photo
Member Name: B.JAMES
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  May 7 2024, 10:30:59 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Wow, she must have left a really good impression on the show's producers! For those who saw her, how was she?"

The good impression was the highest sales for the show outside of a Holiday season, LOL.

Joking aside, as a fan of trash television, she got me to purchase a ticket and I think she did very well.

LEMPICKA Previews  Mar 24 2024, 03:42:07 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "This is a show that I'm really going to enjoy listening to the cast recording of so I hope that comes sooner rather than later? Does anyone know if they recorded it yet? I figured the songs are pretty much put in place at this point and Sony Masterworks is a producer on it."

3 of the main songs from the show have a version from 2022 on Apple Music/Spotify that I have been listening to on repeat.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews  Dec 1 2023, 12:43:12 PM

Got to attend last night and I thoroughly enjoyed the show. I wasn’t counting the minutes to intermission. I was invested. Some catchy songs, some filler songs. 

Having a nephew with autism, maybe it hit me differently than many others. By the end of the snow, I was in my feels and I shed a tear or two. I saw others doing the same (the women in front of me was a teacher and has a grandson with autism, so she was particularly affected as well).

Tony Awards aftermath  Jun 12 2023, 02:44:40 PM

I often wonder how much streaming and DVR affect these numbers.  I look at ratings for a few shows I watch, and some get a considerable bump in the days following their premier date. 

Very tall people sitting in front of you  Jun 11 2023, 08:44:34 AM

I am 6'3 and always ask for an aisle so I can slouch down because I am so self-conscious. The side commentary from people also puts a damper on my evening as well.

I try my best to accommodate. I went with my sister to Taylor Swift a few weeks ago. We had 5th row, and before the show started, I apologized to the girls behind me. They were lovely and told me not to worry. I sat down and missed about 1/3 of the show because I wanted to make sure they could see.

It'

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 16 2023, 01:59:18 PM

pablitonizer said: "B.JAMES said: "pablitonizer said: "theaterdrew said: "‘Once Upon a One More Time’ Musical Authorized by Britney Spears, License Negotiated Post-Conservatorship

I didn't figure they'd have plastered her name everywhere otherwise.
"

Of course there is no way the musical could have continued without her approval. Her name is on the marquee

"

That isn't true. When she was under the conservatorship, her father and team could make financial and business decisions without her approval. That is why a lot of fans are not happy with this show (you can read the comments on Instagram, which the show seems to be cleaning up). This is where the whole Free Britney thing even came from, because she wasn't even allowed to drive, let alone make these kinds of decions.
"

LOL u think Broadway veteran Jame L Nederlander would lie about this knowing he can be sued? LOL I believe you're aware once the c-ship ended, most likely her lawyer had to work out a lot issues around her career and contracts. One of them being this musical. If she did not want this, there's no way they could used her name on the marquee and marketing. Perhaps it's pretty hard for some fans to believe Britney could actually like this musical post-conservartorship. She's making money off this show as she's co-writer in some of the songs. She's not actively working so it makes a lot of sense she decided to continue with this musical. Any decision she's been making since Nov 2021 it's up to her luckily.
"

I was not implying that she was not aware. I am just referring back to the situation she was in and what her rights were for years. Just this morning I read an article that she was on board.

As a massive fan for years, I was actually excited about a jukebox musical for once, so of course I was hoping she was involved.

Britney Spears Authorized Once Upon a One More Time Broadway Musical – The Hollywood Reporter

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Broadway Previews Thread  May 16 2023, 10:50:42 AM

pablitonizer said: "theaterdrew said: "‘Once Upon a One More Time’ Musical Authorized by Britney Spears, License Negotiated Post-Conservatorship

I didn't figure they'd have plastered her name everywhere otherwise.
"

Of course there is no way the musical could have continued without her approval. Her name is on the marquee

"

That isn't true. When she was under the conservatorship, her father and team could make financial and business decisions without her approval. That is why a lot of fans are not happy with this show (you can read the comments on Instagram, which the show seems to be cleaning up). This is where the whole Free Britney thing even came from, because she wasn't even allowed to drive, let alone make these kinds of decions.

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME Pre-Broadway Tryout - Previews & Reviews  May 13 2023, 04:38:50 PM

I went to the final dress rehearsal last night (after seeing it in DC). They definitely made some positive changes to the set and costumes. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Jennifer Simard singing toxic. Yes.

Other standouts were Circus and the finale. They gave fans bracelets that began to light up at the end of the show (the same ones

Only 8 Performances  Feb 16 2020, 02:57:29 PM

Phantom of London said: "B.JAMES said: "For one,it's notChuck E. Cheese. There shouldn't be around the clock performances. As people have stated, supply and demand may have something to do with it. But more importantly, I think you are diminishing and underestimating the work that goes on before and after the actors take the stage. The laundry that needs to be done. Costumes that need sewn and repaired. Television appearances. Rehearsals for swings and understudies,

Only 8 Performances  Feb 14 2020, 07:23:07 PM

For one, it's not Chuck E. Cheese. There shouldn't be around the clock performances.  As people have stated, supply and demand may have something to do with it.  But more importantly, I think you are diminishing and underestimating the work that goes on before and after the actors take the stage. The laundry that needs to be done. Costumes that need sewn and repaired. Television appearances. Rehearsals for swings and understudies, etc. 

I just want to b

Hadestown Plot Question  Feb 13 2020, 03:12:19 PM

He absolutely did.

When Hades is on the steps walking up to the office, he UNBUTTONS his suit and says "step into my office, there are papers to be signed."

And in Act 2, the fates sing "and Hades laid his hand on you, and gave you everlasting life (while they all put their hands up and down Eurydice's body)."

Loudest gasp you've heard in the theatre  Feb 12 2020, 01:52:12 PM

Wildcard said: "The Woman in Black, after the flashlight goes out"

I would like to think I gasped loudly. However, I have come to the conclusion that I legitimately screamed.

Mean Girls Cast Replacements  Feb 10 2020, 03:57:47 PM

It's comical because I see people from her hometown congratulating her and making a big deal about it.  And I am just over here like... you know Karen dances in her underwear and gets so high and trashed that she ends up on the floor of the party, right? I will bet a chunk of money that the same people singing this girls praises are the same mothers who were throwing around their fake outrage over the Shakira and JLo performance at the Super Bowl.  Very interesting, indeed. Will

The Woman in Black  Jan 28 2020, 05:21:28 PM

Started off a bit slow, but my friend and I really ended up enjoying it.  I would recommend making a night of it and doing dinner before as well.

Is Danny Burstein returning to Moulin Rouge?  Jan 21 2020, 05:56:58 PM

He is back tonight, as per his Instagram.

Once Upon a One More Time to Marquis  Jan 16 2020, 01:24:38 PM

I really have nothing useful to add to what was already said. I will say however, I am a huge Britney fan.  I am 31 years old and she was a HUGE part of my childhood. As a theater fan as well, this has me extremely excited. It may bomb, who knows.  But I am honestly ready for a fun night out with my friends to relive a huge part of our lives.  

Also, as a theater fan, I admit that I am one of the people who often complained about jukebox and bio-musicals. But I

& Juliet  Dec 29 2019, 05:58:15 PM

If someone could point me in the right direction, as I didn't see a post in the search.

What do we think the chances of & Juliet transferring to Broadway are? My younger sister and I are seriously considering taking our first trip the West End to see some shows, and just to experience it. We are really interested in this show however, but I feel as though it wouldn't transfer, especially with Moulin Rouge! here at the moment.

West Side Story Seating Advice  Dec 15 2019, 01:12:21 PM

I am 6'2 and sat in Orchestra B on the center aisle.  The stage is so high that I could not see the floor of it, and I could only see waist up when the actors were further back. Thank God for the giant screens.  The seat shouldn't have been priced at $199, but that's my own problem I guess, LOL.

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates  Dec 11 2019, 02:43:57 PM

Just left the theater. They still have rush for tonight. They offered me boxes and my friend got ORCH B on the side.

Taylor Swift Musical?  Nov 26 2019, 06:46:59 PM

ChildofEarth said: "If she wants to, she will. She’s quite talented in crafting stories and working metaphors into her work. All Too Well, Haunted, Daylight, and Death By A Thousand Cuts show some of her skills that I think would transfer."

Thank you. Agreed.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You