News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dcphillygirl

Member Name: dcphillygirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews
 Aug 3 2023, 11:57:29 PM

I was at the show tonight and loved it. But I’m a BTTF fan. I admit the songs fall flat but I was entertained and the car scenes were outstanding, albeit only mere minutes of the show. My theater partner is team thumbs down and says a prop isn’t enough to make a show. So I suppose between the two of us, we form a mixed review as well. 

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising
 Nov 18 2022, 11:53:09 PM

The Piano Lesson had playbills for $100, posters for $200

Another What Should I Do/ See Thread (I'm sorry!)
 Apr 6 2022, 05:17:18 AM

I saw Strange Loop in DC earlier this year and I feel like I need to see it a second time to fully absorb it. The music has grown on me too. I thought the message was powerful and I’m glad there is a space on Broadway for black queer voices. I wish for their success. 

Spring Red Bucket Collections 2022
 Mar 25 2022, 10:57:03 AM

I’m curious how much they are going for as well! Seeing it coming up in the next two weeks… also want to drop by the Hudson and see if Plaza Suite is selling signed SJ & hubby playbills. Anyone know? I won’t be officially seeing Plaza Suite till June. 

Network on stage seating
 Feb 15 2019, 10:24:57 PM

wowow THANK YOU ALL! I was thinking about what I was going to wear and was going to go with black pants with a black top that had some pink flowers on it. Def rethinking that and will wear all black!! The tips about the handbag are helpful too!  Thank youuuu!!!

Network on stage seating
 Feb 13 2019, 05:13:46 PM

Has anyone by chance done the on stage seating for network? When I bought the tickets they said we would be contacted about a week before to find out our menu preference (standard or vegetarian) I’m going Sunday and hadn’t heard anything.  And they are not really responsive on social media for me to ask.

Just curious of anyone else’s experience on this!

Which Play/Muscial do you want revived next season?
 Feb 13 2019, 05:11:17 PM

John Cameron Mitchell ORIGIN OF LOVE Tour
 Feb 9 2019, 09:51:17 AM

I went to the first night last night in DC and I thought it was VERY FUN.  JCM was hilarious during the stories he was telling (a lot of it was making fun of DC which is pretty easy to do tbh)  He did Hedwig songs and some other songs from his upcoming project.

FYI there's a merch table! Shirts, keychains, coasters, signed posters.  There were people waiting for him at the stage door but I didn't wait to see if/when he came out.

Mockingbird tix sold // Network still available
 Jan 19 2019, 02:49:27 PM

EDIT: the Mockingbird tickets have been sold
/////////
I have a stage ticket available to Network on Feb 17 at 3:00pm. My mom was diagnosed with cancer a week after we bought the stage tickets and now with her chemo she can no longer go.  The stage ticket comes with a meal and drink.

Favorite Plays you've Read
 Jan 9 2018, 02:15:59 PM

I'm really curious if anyone says The Iceman Cometh.  I just read it last weekend strictly because Denzel is going to be the Iceman this spring.  I also watched the FOUR HOUR LONG MOVIE on BroadwayHD and man.... snooze.

Mean Girls @ The National in DC - Reactions
 Nov 2 2017, 08:37:46 AM

I agree with much that was already said.  I saw it the first night so it will be interesting to see the changes that are made by the time it comes to NYC.

- LOVED the choreography
- Damien had the funniest lines
- Janice killed it
-Stuck very close to the movie
- I see not everyone liked the set but I thought it fit very well with the story. 

Decline in Quality
 Jun 7 2017, 01:14:59 PM

I saw Ham OBC (like a week after it opened on broadway so very OBC), Chicago, and then again around Christmas.  Andrew Chapelle played Burr and it was...............not good.  It did kind of ruin it for me.

Musicals with Schools
 May 12 2017, 06:11:20 PM

West Side Story has a song that takes place in the school gym....

Look at me trying to think of one more that no one has said yet.. :P

Live TV Musicals Overload?
 May 12 2017, 06:04:43 PM

It's not spoiling it, Sandy, it's only making it better.

Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet Of 1812 Seating
 May 12 2017, 02:26:59 PM

The banquets are one of the few places in the theater you'll be able to see EVERYTHING.

Orchestra in Broadway show
 May 12 2017, 12:52:24 PM

Yes they list them in the playbill usually after they list the scenes and musical numbers.  It's how I discovered my friend from college was in the orchestra from Something Rotten and messaged him at intermission for a backstage tour lol.  I had no idea when I went until I checked out the playbill

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017
 May 12 2017, 09:28:38 AM

gleek4114 said: "dcphillygirl said: "^^ Not that I've heard.  And I've been following pretty closely.  Pretty excited about this one, especially considering i live in DC.  I scored opening night.  I hope Tina Fey is there

"What day is the official opening night? Or were you referring to the first preview?
"

The premier/first preview (Oct 31). Sorry I didn't use appropriate wording

Jefferson's Garden
 May 12 2017, 08:02:04 AM

Anyone heard about this?  It's making its US premier in DC next year.  I can't find much info about it.  Wikipedia calls it a play, but the book/script is available on Amazon and it looks like there is music and singing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson%27s_Garden

https://www.amazon.com/Jeffersons-Garden-Timberlake-Wertenbaker-ebook/dp/B00RKPILD6

NBC's next live musical...
 May 10 2017, 04:21:26 PM

I agree that this is really the only ALW musical I like.  Can we please get Tony Vincent as Judas again to relive my teenage crush I had on him?

Mean Girls Musical: Washington DC Fall 2017
 May 9 2017, 08:20:40 PM

^^ Not that I've heard.  And I've been following pretty closely.  Pretty excited about this one, especially considering i live in DC.  I scored opening night.  I hope Tina Fey is there

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You