News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for recentlyfound

Member Name: recentlyfound
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anybody have a Legally Blonde playbill they can part with?
 Jul 10 2017, 10:30:59 PM

perfectlymarvelous said: "Legally Blonde still feels quite recent to me even though it was 10 years ago. I'm a bit surprised there's still a fervent enough fan base to drive prices up that high, although I guess the MTV taping is floating around the internet and it's done a lot in community/high school/college/regional theatre. 

"

Yeah, I was surprised too. I've bought quite a few lately, including Hamilton, for just $5... Th

Jul 10 2017, 10:26:48 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "WTF?  Playbills for Broadway's LEGALLY BLONDE are fetching $40 plus?  Autographed ones $225?   Right now one is at $2.99 but is on auction so it can fetch up to $40 or more when auction is over. 

No wonder that guy snatched $6 for a regional production Playbill.  Smart person.  

Wow!
"

Exactly. I'm a bit upset because the guy didn't tell me it was a regional production. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known. I checked eBay and bid on the $2.99 one but I'm just trying to buy one for even slightly less

Jul 10 2017, 05:45:19 PM

I'm trying to rebuild my collection and I bought one for like $6 + shipping from this guy, only to get it and find out it wasn't actually a Broadway Playbill - it was from a local professional theatre company. Not really what I was looking for. I'm willing to pay if anyone can help. 

thoughts about groundhog day
 Jul 6 2017, 03:01:53 PM

SuddenlySeymour3 said: "Yes, Andy incredibly generous with the fans. What a super-upstanding guy. 

I think you're onto something — there's a bias against comedy in theater (and film) even though comedy is much harder to do well. And this show is not just funny - it's deeply moving and thought-provoking too. And, yes, maybe people dismissed it a bit since the film is so well known. They think the show will feel like yesterday's cultural news when

Betsy Wolfe begins performances tonight in WAITRESS
 Jul 5 2017, 12:55:27 AM

dave1606 said: "I went last night and thought Betsy was fantastic. I think she is a wonderful Jenna. Her voice is just unreal. "What Baking Can Do" was a real knockout. When the score allows her to belt, she goes for it and sounds amazing. I think there are still a few bits where she's finding the character, but overall she was in great voice. I didn't like her "She Used to Be Mine" as much as Sara's or Jessie's but I think it will be there af

THE OFFICIAL 2017 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD
 Jun 11 2017, 09:54:03 PM

Does this mean CFA is winning Best Musical?

Jun 11 2017, 09:33:05 PM

chernjam said: "Bette and Hello Dolly are just too smug and condescending for my liking

"

Absolutely

Jun 11 2017, 09:30:52 PM

I'm getting a window tattoo for DEH, and I didn't even enjoy Comet. If I can admit GC was robbed for Orchestrations, anyone can. 

Bitter Losers Tony Thread
 Jun 11 2017, 09:29:11 PM

I LOVE love love DEH and didn't particularly enjoy Comet, but Malloy was robbed for Orchestrations. 

Jun 11 2017, 09:05:22 PM

Originally I was disappointed they were doing WTAW, but damn, that was good.

Bitter Losers Tony Thread
 Jun 11 2017, 08:41:17 PM

Anastasia was robbed for costumes

Jun 11 2017, 08:37:03 PM

Also, Anastasia was robbed for costumes.

Jun 11 2017, 08:36:12 PM

This is an interesting choice for Miss Saigon. It was well done but I had no interest in seeing it and still have none after that.

Jun 11 2017, 08:24:36 PM

I love CFA, but it was not great on television. I wish they would've done "28 Hours/Wherever We Are"

Jun 11 2017, 08:19:50 PM

I sort of wish that they would've found a way to work in "Me and the Sky" into their performance. Not surprised that they didn't though. 

Jun 11 2017, 08:16:39 PM

I don't normally see the plays, so I didn't know until right now that Michael Aronov is RIDICULOUSLY handsome! Wow! 

Dear Evan Hansen Tony Performance
 May 23 2017, 11:38:55 AM

I absolutely love For Forever, and the Colbert performance, but I don't think that it's the right choice for the Tony's. It was the right choice for Colbert, because they've done WTAW on all the late night shows now, but I don't think For Forever is as impactful out of context. The big, super moving moment in the song is when he describes Connor running to find him, no? But it's impactful because we already know that that didn't happen; Evan has already said t

Making a donation in honor of a cast member?
 May 14 2017, 03:39:59 PM

Hi everyone!! Just now on my flight back from NY and wanted to let you all know what I ended up doing - I went with a short note and a tiny airplane-sized bottle of whiskey dropped off at the stage door (Will Roland has been showing on Twitter that people have been bringing them alcohol). I mentioned the donation in the note and how thankful I am for the show and his performance. I'm very grateful that I left the letter, because he ended up not coming out to the stage door that night - I

The 2017-2018 Broadway Season - Confirmed Productions
 May 4 2017, 03:03:36 AM

I'm curious about SpongeBob, as well! One of my friends saw it in Chicago and absolutely ADORED it. Said it was one of her favorite shows, no joke.

Who was the best understudy you have ever seen?
 May 4 2017, 12:30:39 AM

Haven't seen it, but I've heard wonderful things about Olivia Puckett's Zoe Murphy.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You